• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Prince Buaben

• Currahee!

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they are changing the qualifying system for the next race according to ted kravitz

Good.

Imagine paying to watch that.....

Good.

Imagine paying to watch that.....

i haven't seen it but it sounds like it sort of worked for the first two parts of quali so maybe a slight tweak to those and then go back to the old type for the final part of quali

i haven't seen it but it sounds like it sort of worked for the first two parts of quali so maybe a slight tweak to those and then go back to the old type for the final part of quali

What annoyed me about it was the fact you could be on a flying lap and if your time ran out that was that.

A lot of drivers just sitting in their cars as they'd missed their chance.

What annoyed me about it was the fact you could be on a flying lap and if your time ran out that was that.

A lot of drivers just sitting in their cars as they'd missed their chance.

it sounds like maybe they need the addition of at each point if you are on a flying lap that time can count. i remember the days of qualifying when the checkered flag went down you had to have had your lap completed by then or it didn't count.

How about a change where it is say a 40 min session, the first say 20 mins is all fine then say every 5 mins five drivers are knocked out until there is only 5 remaining and those have the pole position shoot out? The timings i have said are probably wrong but the concept might work.

Greetings from Albert Park.

Whats the weather like? Cool today in Sydney. Summer has finally ended. Hopefully a mix of sun and rain in Melbourne to make the race more exciting.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whats the weather like? Cool today in Sydney. Summer has finally ended. Hopefully a mix of sun and rain in Melbourne to make the race more exciting.

Sunny and 22 but it feels hotter. No chance of rain.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

One race in and already they're changing the qualifying format :lol:

Formula One is not a sport. The fact they make so many changes to it every year is proof of how shite it is.

Prince Buaben

Not sure about Steve Jones on C4 coverage.

Think though it wasn't too bad a race. Good on Haas getting points in its first race. Not often that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pay per view brings the money in.

But does it damage sports long term?

i think it will bring a big loss in fans as only having access to the british GP fully live will put people off it if they dont want to pay for it

Still no deal for Qualifying changes. 

they are talking about an aggregate system where in each session they will need to have 2 flying laps and adding both lap times together with the slowest combined time going out

also the arrogance of the mini megalomaniac when being interviewed there saying we have what we have, if you want to tweak something then you do it to the sky sports reporter. it is his way or the highway,

i think the top drivers would have to threaten to quit enmass to get proper changes from bernie.

i can see all of this causing some serious damage to the sport and a loss of especially younger fans

Prince Buaben

they are talking about an aggregate system where in each session they will need to have 2 flying laps and adding both lap times together with the slowest combined time going out

Remember they did this before with the single lap qualifying.. 

it looked like there is a bit of tension between christian horner and mark webber during the grid walk

Could you show any respect to someone who married Geri Halliwell?

• 1 month later...

it screams of vettel telling horner to do something

I'd say of the two drivers Kvyat make fewer errors. If they think Verstappen won't have incidents they are deluded.

I'd say of the two drivers Kvyat make fewer errors. If they think Verstappen won't have incidents they are deluded.

in the last two races the collisions between vettel and kvyat, the first one was imo vettels fault as he sould have backed off rather than hitting kimi, the other one kvyat did make mistakes but for me it was a racing incident

Currahee!

Strange that from Verstappen.

If Ricciardo smashes him his career could go tits up.

• 2 weeks later...

:oohmatron:

Have a great summer mate. See in N2 in ac few short weeks.

:thumbsup:

You too.

Hope you have a great holiday.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

thats two races in a row that ricciardo has been disadvantaged by his team.

also a few drivers cut one of the corners when coming out of the tunnel, some gave it back but others carried on without punishment (those who were defending) IIRC both hamilton and massa did this

thats two races in a row that ricciardo has been disadvantaged by his team.

also a few drivers cut one of the corners when coming out of the tunnel, some gave it back but others carried on without punishment (those who were defending) IIRC both hamilton and massa did this

Bottas gave his place back and he'd been overtaken so really lost 2 places.

luckyBatistuta

Ricciardo fecked by his team, who called him in then didn't have the tyres ready.

Total joke.

I was watching and it was a shocker, but can't believe I don't know if they called him in, or he made the decision.

Bottas gave his place back and he'd been overtaken so really lost 2 places.

similarly so did rosberg, but i'm sure there were a few drivers who did not and were not punished for it

• 1 month later...
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to Formula One thread
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic