Formula One thread

Prince Buaben

This season has been poor.

Did anyone notice Mercedes got very little coverage today? Bernie being a nob again because they won't supply Red Bull with engines?

A bit like Force India got no coverage a few years ago for some pathetic reason.

Sure folk would rather watch some racing than Hamilton taking corner after corner.

I use racing in a loose term but be better if they focus on cars trying to pass each other.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Prince Buaben

• Currahee!

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure folk would rather watch some racing than Hamilton taking corner after corner.

I use racing in a loose term but be better if they focus on cars trying to pass each other.

I'd much rather watch the midfield race rather than the leader just going about his business.

But they got next to nothing.

We didn't even get a replay of Hamilton pushing Rosberg out wide until after the race.

That was crucial and the still chose to ignore it. Pathetic really.

Another thing about the coverage which annoys me is during qualifying. A backmarker goes out but instead of seeing their lap they'll watch someone in the pits.

I want to see F1 cars not someone's trophy girlfriend/parent/brother etc. etc.

I'd much rather watch the midfield race rather than the leader just going about his business.

But they got next to nothing.

We didn't even get a replay of Hamilton pushing Rosberg out wide until after the race.

That was crucial and the still chose to ignore it. Pathetic really.

Another thing about the coverage which annoys me is during qualifying. A backmarker goes out but instead of seeing their lap they'll watch someone in the pits.

I want to see F1 cars not someone's trophy girlfriend/parent/brother etc. etc.

Being honest I didn't notice the lack of Mercedes coverage but I see that they have complained about it.

Bad for F1 mind when the most crucial part of the race is in turn 1 of the 1st lap.

On a side note Renualt look to have signed on the dotted line to re buy lotus

Prince Buaben

So JEnson is staying with McLaren Honda next season. I am a little shocked as i thought at the start of the season he would have been replaced by Magnusson.

No Mention of Alonso. Wonder if he will be on his way back to Renault?

kingantti1874

Don't think alonso has an option like Jenson did which was 1 year with a 1 year option, if he wants out he will have to force himself out

• 2 weeks later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Even though I don't like F1, I can understand why people who do like watching it on the telly.

But is there a more boring few hours than listening to F1 on Five Live? Being subjected to it now - utter tedium.

Cant see past another Mercedes Team win and either Hamilton/Rosberg for title. Probably Hamilton as he seems to be faster come race day.

Would not write off McLaren/Honda/Alonso but as its the first season back in the sport I think they will not be ahead of Mercedes or even quite matching on pace.

My outside bet would be Ricardo at Red Bull - currently 14/1 on Paddy Power:

L Hamilton 4/6

N Rosberg 2/1

F Alonso 10/1

D Ricardo 14/1

S Vettel 18/1

J Button 20/1

Bernie really is losing the plot............time to go and live on your ill gotten gains.

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone says Sepp Blatter should remain in charge of Fifa despite facing corruption charges.

Blatter, who is suspended, is under criminal investigation over a payment made to Uefa boss Michel Platini in 2011. Both men deny any wrongdoing.

Ecclestone said: "I don't think he should have ever stepped down. I don't think he should have been challenged.

"If people allegedly have been corrupted to make things happen in their country, it's good."

The 85-year-old added: "It's a tax football had to pay."

He also backed Russian President Vladimir Putin and said there was "no place for democracy".

Ecclestone, who was talking on Russian television,  said the reason Blatter deserved support was "because of him we have a lot of countries around the world that are now playing football".

The 17-year Fifa reign of Swiss Blatter, who is suspended for 90 days, ends in February.

Ecclestone, who has become notorious for controversial comments in the past, said he thought Putin was "super", adding: "I'm his best supporter."

In the past, Ecclestone has referred to women as "domestic appliances" and praised Adolf Hitler as someone who "got things done".

Ecclestone has run the commercial side of F1 for nearly 40 years and last year faced two separate trials on corruption charges.

A civil case in the UK was dismissed and he paid a German court ?60m to end a trial in which he was accused of paying a German banker ?26m to ensure a company Ecclestone favoured could buy a stake in F1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34552570

chester copperpot

Has a GP ever been cancelled due to weather before?

I'm scraping the back of my memory here but I'm pretty sure one was cancelled pretty recently due to the weather. Sure it was the US GP as well.

I could however be totally wrong on both fronts tho.

Has a GP ever been cancelled due to weather before?

closest would be the canadian GP a few years ago which was delayed due to rain. well that is what i can remember

also british driver Jolyon Palmer will drive for Lotus next year

Hamilton runs his colleague into the gravel and leads at the first bend

Ruthless driving from Lewis and the difference between a champion and a team mate.

Still damp and we have a virtual safety car on lap 6 for debri to be cleared

Good exciting race so far. 20 laps gone and all to play for.

And a couple of great Kimi moments so far. One verbal and one in the car. Love the guy.

Great behind the scenes footage of Rosberg being shown as a spoilt little child, refusing to congratulate Hamilton in any meaningful way and throwing the cap they have to wear on the podium at him with real force after Hamilton had thrown it into his lap. He knew what he was doing as well.

He then refused to spray the champagne handing it to the constuctors rep who was also on the stage and his face is like a child who has been refused a sweet from his parents.

chester copperpot

Well done Lewis Hamilton on 3 times world champion.

I'm a proud Scot but also a proud Brit and I just love it when we get one over ze germans

Pish season.

One constructor that was better than the others by several factors.

One driver of that constructor who was better than his panicky team-mate.

Drivers conserving fuel and tyres from the very first lap.

Constructors going bust and squabbling over engines.

Boring, flat, soul-less circuits.

Teenagers being given F1 seats instead of having to work their way up through the divisions.

A dying sport.

alwaysthereinspirit

Great behind the scenes footage of Rosberg being shown as a spoilt little child, refusing to congratulate Hamilton in any meaningful way and throwing the cap they have to wear on the podium at him with real force after Hamilton had thrown it into his lap. He knew what he was doing as well.

He then refused to spray the champagne handing it to the constuctors rep who was also on the stage and his face is like a child who has been refused a sweet from his parents.

came over as a complete dink from the minute Hamilton came upstairs.

chester copperpot

Pish season.

Teenagers being given F1 seats instead of having to work their way up through the divisions.

A dying sport.

Everything you said was true.

So why is it that I love it still so much.

Rudolf's Mate

They did actually embrace each other when Lewis walked in with his helmet still on. That said his reaction afterwards and his interview!

I'm not that clued up with F1 and only watched the highlights this morning but Rosberg's main gripe was the contact at the start of the race. I thought Hamilton had the inside line and it was essentially up to Rosberg to make sure there was no contact? Despite this Rosberg made several mistakes afterwards and seems to blame the car for his him losing control near the end.

Prince Buaben

Pish season.

A dying sport.

Been like this for a few seasons now. Vettel at Red Bull then Hamilton at Mercedes.

kingantti1874

Been like this for a few seasons now. Vettel at Red Bull then Hamilton at Mercedes.

Agreed.. Not since 2008 have we had cars which were consistently evenly matched ... They need to open up the regs to achieve engine parity

Prince Buaben

Agreed.. Not since 2008 have we had cars which were consistently evenly matched ... They need to open up the regs to achieve engine parity

True.

Although Abu Dhabi 2010 Alsonso Webber Vettel and Hamilton(with lots of luck) could have all won going into the race. Button was still in with a chance with 2 to go. That seemed to be the most open season for a wee while.

luckyBatistuta

Pish season.

A dying sport.

Yeah, agree with most of that, for the first time, I've missed a few races

Everything you said was true.

So why is it that I love it still so much.

Also agree with this as well :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Well done Lewis Hamilton on 3 times world champion.

I'm a proud Scot but also a proud Brit and I just love it when we get one over ze germans

Really happy for Lewis, Congratulations to him.

On your German point, I wasn't too keen on Vettel when he first came in, but now he is one of my favourites, as he has proved he is a fantastic driver and also brings a bit of fun into the sport(pretty much always got a smile on his face).

• 1 month later...

So where does that leave us for next year?

Not all up to date on (possible) rule changes. But it could do with being more competitive.

Rosberg won last three races. But that's easier when it didn't matter plus Mercedes seemed to pull out all the stops for him. When it matters he makes too many mistakes.

So where does that leave us for next year?

Not all up to date on (possible) rule changes. But it could do with being more competitive.

Rosberg won last three races. But that's easier when it didn't matter plus Mercedes seemed to pull out all the stops for him. When it matters he makes too many mistakes.

You could argue Lewis lost motivation once the title was won.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Are Force India being re-branded as Aston Martin? Sure I heard that on SSN earlier.

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

Are Force India being re-branded as Aston Martin? Sure I heard that on SSN earlier.

i think there is going to be a partnership there and the rebranding is possible

• 2 weeks later...

Where's all the Scottish driver's?

Maybe this is why I don't watch it anymore, I've no one to support.

And not the Wolf.

I P Knightley

Jenson Button making headlines with his divorce. I've just had drinks with a bloke who was at his stag do in Czech Republic who reckons that Mrs Button recently got to hear the stories of that stag do.

Filthy bugger.

Jenson Button making headlines with his divorce. I've just had drinks with a bloke who was at his stag do in Czech Republic who reckons that Mrs Button recently got to hear the stories of that stag do.

Filthy bugger.

Spill the beans.....

I P Knightley

Spill the beans.....

I once heard about a stag do in the Czech Republic...

There were 'dancing girls' who were entertaining the boys; beautiful, blonde, expensive ones.

The stag's turn was last and he was blindfolded and tied to the fireplace. When things got going, they took his blindfold off and showed that the blonde dancing girl had been replaced by a beardie bloke. This didn't stop the stag from delivering.

I once heard about a stag do in the Czech Republic...

There were 'dancing girls' who were entertaining the boys; beautiful, blonde, expensive ones.

The stag's turn was last and he was blindfolded and tied to the fireplace. When things got going, they took his blindfold off and showed that the blonde dancing girl had been replaced by a beardie bloke. This didn't stop the stag from delivering.

Tame really. :laugh:

• 2 months later...
Prince Buaben

Mods Can you remove the 2015 fromt he title. Save raising a new thread.

Being honest. I'm a bit meh for this season..

Paul Di Resta to be Williams F1 Team reserve driver for this season, great news.

Bottas tipped to go replace Raikkonen next year so di Resta could get Bottas' seat.

HaymarketJambo

Bottas tipped to go replace Raikkonen next year so di Resta could get Bottas' seat.

Di Resta could be Massa's replacement at Williams in 2017, could be a all new driver lineup for Williams in 2017?  

HaymarketJambo

I think Di Resta's days as a first team driver have gone as he brings neither youth nor money to the table. 

Williams does not need a paid Driver plus Williams have a Mercedes powered engine, Di Resta has Mercedes backing as he drives in the German DTM Series, something like our British Touring Car, so has Mercedes backing that would help him

Di Resta is no Nigel Mansell, but Mansell his F1 Championship when he was in his late 30s, I know a different era.        

Flown to MEL and have 4 day general admission tickets for my first ever F1 GP. Cannot wait.

Look out for me. I'll have a red top on ;)

Edited by jacko

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Formula One thread
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic