Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• Prince Buaben

• Currahee!

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scottishguy

Mercedes strolled that, Hamilton carrying on were he left at the end of last season, with Rosberg second.

Didn't expect Vettel in third in a Ferrari though!!

kingantti1874

Mercedes strolled that, Hamilton carrying on were he left at the end of last season, with Rosberg second.

Didn't expect Vettel in third in a Ferrari though!!

You would have if you'd have watched testing mate, Ferrari are best of the rest by a distance.. I'd say the gap to Mercedes is a little disheartening though, they are miles in front, I'd bet they were not at full tilt today.

Hopefully DRS will be more effective at other circuits. Bit of a joke how long Button especially was able to keep Perez behind him.

I'm watching the BBC highlights and watching the interviews.

What is Lewis Hamilton's chain all about?

F1 is going to be pish this year, even more pish than last year was.

17 year old kids driving, teams going bust all over the shop, half the cars can't even make it to the grid, Mercedes going to romp it by over a hundred points and Hamilton may as well be given the title now.

I'm out.

I find it incredible that Renault's engine is worse than it was last season. How does that even happen?

McLaren looks promising if they can ever get the Honda engine to work reliably. Performance in the race was better than it should have been, given that the engine isn't being run at full power. 

Have to say I like F1. Been to a few races but I switched it off after 2 laps watching the Australian F1. It was won before the first corner! Complete bore fest.

I hope its not the shape of things to come.

Prince Buaben

Hamilton is on Pole. Vettel 2nd in the Ferrari and Rosberg 3rd.

Raikonnien out in Q2 and the McLarens didnt make it past Q1.

1 Hamilton 2) Vettel 3) Rosberg 4) Ricciardo 5) Kvyat 6) Verstappen 7) Massa 8) Grosjean 9) Bottas 10) Ericsson 11) Raikkonen 12) Maldonado 13) Hulkenberg 14) Perez 15) Sainz 16) Nasr 17) Button 18) Alonso

Time will tell if it truly is a new dawn for Ferrari or if it was simply pot luck that their setup worked perfect on that one particular track for one weekend.

I'd like to see a tight, open championship as F1 needs that kind of excitement between manufacturers.

It's also :pleasing: to see Hamilton's face every time he gets beat. Spoiled brat.

kingantti1874

Think this may be a one off, if Merc hadn't lost 30+ seconds with extra pit stop, 10 sec in traffic, and another 10 due to ballsing up tyre strategy by using all the options in qualy I think they'd have taken it.. That said, I hope not ... Need a proper championship this year

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Time will tell if it truly is a new dawn for Ferrari or if it was simply pot luck that their setup worked perfect on that one particular track for one weekend.

I'd like to see a tight, open championship as F1 needs that kind of excitement between manufacturers.

It's also :pleasing: to see Hamilton's face every time he gets beat. Spoiled brat.

Funny that people see things differently. I thought Hamilton was very gracious in defeat. Obviously quite a bit of respect between him and Vettel.

I've started the predictor in a truly McLaren way.

Two races and two stinkers.

:laugh:

I didnt think i could get a worse score than 35 but ive managed it.

I reckon a monkey banging keys on a keyboard will have scored higher than me.

16 ffs. :laugh:

Got bonus points for the treble of pole, fastest lap and positions gained.

snap and I had forgot to make my predictions

:laugh:

I didnt think i could get a worse score than 35 but ive managed it.

I reckon a monkey banging keys on a keyboard will have scored higher than me.

16 ffs. :laugh:

16? Hibseque performance there

• 2 weeks later...

Monza the latest iconic track to probably be dropped.

:vrface: Bernie's making a James Blunt of F1

He really is an absolute twonk.

Without the european fans there wouldn't be an F1, yet he's slowly getting rid of european gran prix one by one.

Gorgie_Rules

For any big F1 fan I recommend reading the book called 'No Angel' on Bernie Eccelstone. Fascinating read. An incredible insight into Bernies running of the sport, pretty much grabbed it by the throat, trampled on alot of people on the way taking it to the top, few people on the planet with such a brass neck

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone done the survey? Felt it was a bit of a mishmash with little oppurtunity to express my actual views. Also, doubt it will reach beyond the people who already watch F1.

Rosberg wins after Mercedes wrongly pitted Hamilton under the safety car, Hamilton finishes third behind vettel

Rosberg wins after Mercedes wrongly pitted Hamilton under the safety car, Hamilton finishes third behind vettel

I think Mercedes decided to pit Hamilton when the virtual safety car was announced and didn't realise they changed it to the proper safety car.

A mistake and nothing more. 

I think Mercedes decided to pit Hamilton when the virtual safety car was announced and didn't realise they changed it to the proper safety car.

A mistake and nothing more.

i agree but the commentators were trying to make more of it

i agree but the commentators were trying to make more of it

A certain number of people in the media are trying their best to make Rosberg into a pantomime villain. German in a German team and all that stuff, Hamilton as the plucky Brit who still wins despite everything due to being one of the greatest drivers of all time. 

• 3 weeks later...
Prince Buaben

F1 must be boring. No one in here talking about the procession from sunday

When even Canada, infamous for crashes and drama, become a fuel and tyre saving exercise from the first lap to the last then there is no hope for F1 in it's current form.

It's boring as feck to watch.

Thankfully TOCA is still on ITV4.

Both McLarens hit with a 25 place grid penalty for changing both engines and gearboxes before the next race.

There are only 20 places on the grid.

In addition to starting on the last row of the grid, they will be given additional drive-through penalties to make up the other places they are due to be penalised by.

F1 is a joke.

They have pretty much killed the sport by introducing the hybrid engines. And no new engine manufacturers will come into the sport for fear of looking stupid.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Formula One thread
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic