THE MCGHEE SUPREMACY

Alfie22

Has anyone read the article in todays Sunday Mirror?

A mate told me that Hearts are putting together a bumper package For him.. :eek:

i can't seem to get the article online.:mad:

Yeah apparently offering 350 000 a year to him. Mainly speculation from what i could see. There was a quote from a Hearts 'insider' or something like that saying that he was their number one target. Have my doubts how trustworthy that is. Cant remember much of it to be honest, read it this morning. Probably just put in to sell papers but I would be glad if its true. Mind you 350 grand? Is that not pretty high for an spl manager? The article did say Rix was getting that:confused:

Yeah apparently offering 350 000 a year to him. Mainly speculation from what i could see. There was a quote from a Hearts 'insider' or something like that saying that he was their number one target. Have my doubts how trustworthy that is. Cant remember much of it to be honest, read it this morning. Probably just put in to sell papers but I would be glad if its true. Mind you 350 grand? Is that not pretty high for an spl manager? The article did say Rix was getting that:confused:

AH:rolleyes: thanks for that danielw85.

Sounds like alot of smoke and mirrors, good if true though :P

A mate told me that Hearts are putting together a bumper package For him.. :eek:

It's no use changing your username Vlad, we know it's you! :D

350k is probably at the higher end of the spl salaries. of course the OF will pay high amounts, but i doubt tango or mixu are on much. and it is probably 4 times what he is on now

Bootboy100
350k is probably at the higher end of the spl salaries. of course the OF will pay high amounts, but i doubt tango or mixu are on much. and it is probably 4 times what he is on now

I would reckon its a lot more than 4 times. I cant see him being on much more than ?50k pa

The Old Tolbooth

When you consider what were paying non triers at Hearts in wages, then I don't think that ?350K per year is that bad to get a decent manager.

All we do is offload Larry and the wages are covered with a bit to spare.

Famous Hearts
I would reckon its a lot more than 4 times. I cant see him being on much more than ?50k pa

On 75K apparently. But this same story keeps coming up so maybe there is some truth in it.

On 75K apparently. But this same story keeps coming up so maybe there is some truth in it.

Aye and so did the Hleb/Mendy story.

Famous Hearts
Aye and so did the Hleb/Mendy story.

True! One of these days a positive rumour on JKB will turn out to be true.:)

I think its already established that McGhee has turned us down because he wasnt guaranteed full control

I'd imagine there is a leak to attempt to justify Frail getting the gig

ie we offered McGhee good money but he turned us down, in the meantime we need to stick with Frail

davemclaren
I think its already established that McGhee has turned us down because he wasnt guaranteed full control

I'd imagine there is a leak to attempt to justify Frail getting the gig

ie we offered McGhee good money but he turned us down, in the meantime we need to stick with Frail

I think the only thing established is that nothing is yet established. :wacko:

Bunny Munro

i can't seem to get the article online.:mad:

McGhee's getting a bumper package?

thats clum happy;)

McGhee's getting a bumper package?

thats clum happy;)

:rofl: Floating on air at the news :av-1001:

He is the next manager.

but of which team?

Do I have permision to berate you constantly if he does not become the next Hearts Manager?

I no longer believe that Frail is the new manager. Whether or not it is McGhee is a different story.

What is definitely true is the stories, the rumours, the articles in papers are not going away.

but of which team?

Do I have permision to berate you constantly if he does not become the next Hearts Manager?

I have a feeling Stanley heard from the same source as I did yesterday, all I will say it the source was very very credible and he was 100% certain the new manager was MM, He was in no doubt at all this was done and dusted

Including this classic.

According to one of my pals who's father is a polis, they were listening in to phone calls months ago and its common knowledge that McGhee has already agreed a deal with the Jambos.... that does just sound a claim to me though.

:dribble::dribble:

sandylejambo

i know a lot of the same people lou does and the ones saying things like "mcghee was in lithuania talking to vlad" are not the type of people who say things for effect

Gerd Muller

I hope so. That would be a relief at least in getting a "manager". Although the link below the headline on the Talk 107 website is steve banks talking about wanting to stay at Hearts.

ToadKiller Dog

hope he is right for his own sake or his creditability will drop to almost ewen cameron levels.

Seymour M Hersh
I no longer believe that Frail is the new manager. Whether or not it is McGhee is a different story.

What is definitely true is the stories, the rumours, the articles in papers are not going away.

Source???;)

sandylejambo
hope he is right for his own sake or his creditability will drop to almost ewen cameron levels.

dont be silly :)

Clerry Jambo
Donkey doesn't go to print unless he's 110% sure of his story.

That was my thinking Dex;)

coppercrutch

Holy **** !!

Lets not get too carried away by this......

But my season ticket renewal may be up for action once more !!

If he does come then you can be rest assured he will have a pretty stringent contract defining decisions, team tactics etc... If I was him I definately would.

Rather exciting. As you say Dex this guy does not usually spin rumours based on nothing...

Hilary Briss

I was told its a done deal yesterday.

The good news is, he must have had assurances from Vlad that there would be no interference otherwise he wouldnt come. Hopefully a sign that Vlad is finally seeing sense.

Jambo Spartan

From Talk 107 website -

It looks like Saturday's one-all draw with Rangers was Mark McGhee's last match in charge of Motherwell. The boss is widely expected to swap Fir Park for Tynecastle over the next few weeks and take over as manager of Hearts. There's even a suggestion an announcement will be made next week following Phil O'Donnell's tribute match between the Motherwell Cup Winners of 1991 and a Celtic select from 1998.

From Monday...

My name was Brian McGhee, I sat up listening to Queen, when I was 17

Not sure what to make of this - could be another PR rumour released into the wild to boost sales. When I see Brian McGhee at Tynecastle with a Hearts scarf above his head then i might believe it.

Guest casper
When I see Brian McGhee at Tynecastle with a Hearts scarf above his head then i might believe it.

And he might get sacked 10 games into the season.

Sexton Hardcastle
My name was Brian McGhee, I sat up listening to Queen, when I was 17

Not sure what to make of this - could be another PR rumour released into the wild to boost sales. When I see Brian McGhee at Tynecastle with a Hearts scarf above his head then i might believe it.

Id prefer Mark myself

marshallschunkychicken
He'll have to change his name to Mark McGee.

:laugh:

Good news if true. The rumour, not him having to change his name....

And he might get sacked 10 games into the season.

There is that. Still 10 good games would be better than none.

Guest GhostHunter

The bigger picture, if true, then, is that VR has agreed to the terms that MM would have demanded...

1. Full Control of the team

2. Money to spend on his own players.

In terms of 2) - MM wanted money to spend on players at 'well, and was denied, so if he's agreed to come, then it must infer that VR has authorised a budget for MM to spend.

He never struck me as the sort of manager who would bow to any interference, so I suppose it's a huge plus that now at least, the story seems to be panning out to be true.

A mate told me last night that he'd already been over to see Vlad and was going over again in a week or two.

dublin-Jambo

Good news if true, I have to say that the way the league is panning out with Rangers chucking it can be good news for Hearts. If there was a slim chance of McGhee going to Celtic, that has all but disappeared if WGS wins the league.

CornhillHearts

If its true will "Freewillie Dylan" renew with the rest of the "sheep" or will another excuse be forthcoming ie I am not gonna renew unless we get new players.

Donkey doesn't go to print unless he's 110% sure of his story.

I give you the Ksanavicius punted back to Kaunas story of a couple of months back. :rolleyes:

Guest GhostHunter
I give you the Ksanavicius punted back to Kaunas story of a couple of months back. :rolleyes:

Audrey did IIRC go back to Kaunas then came back did he not ?

Was he not spotted in a Kaunas strip collecting a trophy ?

If its true will "Freewillie Dylan" renew with the rest of the "sheep" or will another excuse be forthcoming ie I am not gonna renew unless we get new players.

Maybe the non-renewers should get some credit for making Vlad listen if a manager is put in place who Vlad gives control and a free hand for signings?

Archived