Alfie22

THE MCGHEE SUPREMACY

Regular John
Is Mcghee better or worse a manager than an unknown (quantity, at the time) Burley was ?

Unknown quantity?

How can a former Premiership Manager of the year be that?

This would be a good appointment, but not as good on paper as Burley was at the time.

colinmaroon

For all those who have already started ******-a-doodle-dooing about how they are responsible in whole or in part for the appointment of Mark McGhee, before the event has even happened, and to prevent the strutting around the coop by said cockerels if and when it does happen, I think I should just let you know that I prayed about this and asked the Lord to give Vlad a vision -

of the biggest hemorrhoids ever with the message that they would be all his if he didn't keep his promise!!!

THAT proved to be a lot more convincing than holding off on buying a season ticket!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dr. Bapswent
Who promised him?

No-one official, as far as I can tell.

But the point it, the more its rumoured, the more people begin to believe it must be true.

So if it doesnt happen, people will more than likely blame the club, even if they had nothing to do with it.

lou
wee robbo said MM is a done deal at the charity match yesterday

Yes he did, he also said he offered to work for Hearts for nothing, but MM has the job with Leitch as his assistant and it is in his contract that there will be interfence. from Vlad

Father Tiresias
That is like saying Vlad is happy for us to finish 8th.

What makes you think he isn't???

Hans von Luck
Burley's scouting system was second to none mate.

In terms of coaching ability, they seem quite similar. I'd like an aggresive, fast passing, pressing style.

Getting ahead of myself the now though.

Dont think the Southampton fans would agree with you on that one. :)

Jammy T
I said that, but did not reveal who I heard it from.

Cool - well there you go.I dont recall you spouting endless inside info in the past which has proven unsubstantiated so am comfortable there is truth to what you posted on that issue

What will have changed?

The very low rate of season ticket renewals? Vlad's stance on control? MMs stance on control? The money on offer? Nothing and it is just a propaganda leak?

JamboLad

Trying not to get my hopes up :(

IMA MAROON
I already said this on a thread about a month or so ago.

He will be officially announced in June.

Why wouldn't you believe me...:confused:

I'll try to find the thread.

Now that it is all out in the open you can tell us your source. ;)

chester copperpot
Dont think the Southampton fans would agree with you on that one. :)

Purely based on what he brought to Tynie that year, and in relation to what we as Hearts fans had dealt with previously.

Should have made that clearer. Southampton have been spoiled in the past.

Jammy T
Or Maybe Vlad was a little disappointed in the ST sales so he's released this nugget into the media!!!

Sorry there isnt a "tongue in cheek" smiley....

Geoff Kilpatrick
Yes he did, he also said he offered to work for Hearts for nothing, but MM has the job with Leitch as his assistant and it is in his contract that there will be interfence. from Vlad

What's "interfence" Lou? Is this code for money laundering? :confused::)

Guest casper

I hope that's a typo.

lou
What's "interfence" Lou? Is this code for money laundering? :confused::)

Nah just monday morning typing;)

Cliffundo

If MM is appointed ...then I think Vlad will deserve his song to be belted out at our first home game!! To let him know we appreciate the good he does. if MM is not appointed and we get some numpty we should think of a plan B

:)

IMA MAROON
What makes you think he isn't???

He needs a successful Hearts team to make money.

JamboLad
If MM is appointed ...then I think Vlad will deserve his song to be belted out at our first home game!! To let him know we appreciate the good he does. if MM is not appointed and we get some numpty we should think of a plan B

:)

The day i sing Vlads name again will be the day Hearts win the league :P

adayinmay

I'll be shocked if MM becomes manager. I'll also be very pleased.

VR doesn't care about ST sales and manager appointment before June etc. VR knows that the majority will renew and those that don't will pay higher ticket prices and come to games regardless. As for the 'casual fan' they will come when the team does ok regardless of who is in charge.

We all put too much emphasis on VR caring about the football side of things.

There seems to be quite a lot of nods and winks reported by some on here regarding a 'source at the club', Robbo, a mate who refereed a match at Tynie etc. Is this the basis of Talk 107's article? The article has no quotes from any source so at the moment I'll take it as pure speculation and nothing more.

Paulandshark
From Talk 107 website -

It looks like Saturday's one-all draw with Rangers was Mark McGhee's last match in charge of Motherwell. The boss is widely expected to swap Fir Park for Tynecastle over the next few weeks and take over as manager of Hearts. There's even a suggestion an announcement will be made next week following Phil O'Donnell's tribute match between the Motherwell Cup Winners of 1991 and a Celtic select from 1998.

From Monday...

I presume McGhee won't bother coming to Easter Rd on Thur when his side plays us? :rolleyes:

Dagger Is Back
Is Mcghee better or worse a manager than an unknown (quantity, at the time) Burley was ?

Who knows? Only time will tell.

I just get a little uneasy with some folks hailing MM as the new Messiah.

jamboinglasgow
I presume McGhee won't bother coming to Easter Rd on Thur when his side plays us? :rolleyes:

I did find that a bit odd too. Donkey forgot the last game of the season.

dodemac

hopefully this is not a rumour and is the real deal, as we as Hearts fans deserve better thatn we have at the moment MM will be a fantastic choice for our New Manager sooner thatn later please :):):)

super_vlad
The cynic in me tells me that its a 'leak' from within the club to help boost ST sales.

The other part of me so wants it to be true. I had one rather concrete bit of evidence supplied to me by a prominent poster on here, so I'm tempted to jump back on the bandwagon again.

Was renewing anyway, but will be more than happy if Vlad has seen sense.

Hell might freeze over first, but I will be back aboard the happy train if this is true. Choo choo.

Me, fickle, never.

Same here mate, its the bit that it will be comfirmed in months time that has me worried ! Plenty of things can happen in a months time ! Still if it is true, i'm a happy man,

vilenin
If MM is appointed ...then I think Vlad will deserve his song to be belted out at our first home game!!

Christ no - belt out his name for finally doing the obvious thing he should have done two and a half years ago?

I'll sing his name when he keeps his oar out and we win the league.

Guest Dipped Flake
Or Maybe Vlad was a little disappointed in the ST sales so he's released this nugget into the media!!!

Let's not get too carried away until the manager, whoever he is, is getting his picture taken with a Hearts scarf above his head at Tynecastle.

I can't see anyone who has not renewed rushing out now and renewing just because talk107 say he is coming. They will surely wait until he has signed on the dotted line.

I agree with the majority on here that IF he comes, it marks a big change in the way this club is going to be run. A manager with FULL autonomy when it comes to picking the team although Vlad will always have control onj players coming and going as it is his money, no problem with that.

p.s. Still would have preferred Levein but he was never going to leave Utd while Eddie Thompson was alive and I will be more than happy to accept McGhee as the new boss

chester copperpot

Apparently McGhee goes away on his 2 week holiday next week, and the announcement wont be until he comes back, at the earliest.

Source - Craig Gordon's dad.

JamboLad
Apparently McGhee goes away on his 2 week holiday next week, and the announcement wont be until he comes back, at the earliest.

Source - Craig Gordon's dad.

If Davey says it I believe it!

chester copperpot
If Davey says it I believe it!

He works for the club still, eh?

Just been given this news third hand, so dont really know the authenticity of the information.

Fenerjambo

Why should he?? Motherwell have qualified for the UEFA cup and Hibs can't.Meaningless match and I'm sure Motherwell could put somebody else in charge for a game against the weeteam just like any other club would do?

Hope this is true folks as MM won't put up with less than 100% commitment and will get shot of a load of the deadwood at Tynie.He would also bring in a few good players as well.Time will tell though....................... I just hope if he does come that we aren't waiting on another Burley saga to surface once again as MM doesn't seem like a guy who would put up with Romanov's interference?

JamboLad
He works for the club still, eh?

Just been given this news third hand, so dont really know the authenticity of the information.

I think he still does a few bit and pieces for the club.

Cliffundo
Christ no - belt out his name for finally doing the obvious thing he should have done two and a half years ago?

I'll sing his name when he keeps his oar out and we win the league.

I was assuming that if MM gets the job...that would mean Vlad has agreed to keep his beak out!

4marsbars

If he does come then respect to him for how he has navigated his way through the second half of this season, keeping Well in third place in the aftermath of PoD's death, the Scotland manager vacancy, and the continual speculation about coming to us.

Seems like a mature human being who knows what he is about and how to go about things.

Hope it's true.

Commander Harris

oops, wrong thread.

chester copperpot
of course the Hearts song and the european song are my favourites.

for other teams you can't beat the barca hymn: "tot el camp"

Thats great mate, but you're in the wrong thread. :confused::laugh:

lou
Thats great mate, but you're in the wrong thread. :confused::laugh:

Maybe Frank is our new manager

Clerry Jambo

.........Article been updated

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=5432

Bookies have made Mark McGhee the odds-on favourite to become the next manager of Hearts. It looks as though Thursday's fixture against Hibs at Easter Road will be his last in charge of Motherwell. He's then expected to swap Fir Park for Tynecastle - with confirmation of the switch likely when McGhee returns from a summer break next month.

chester copperpot

Bookies have made Mark McGhee the odds-on favourite to become the next manager of Hearts. It looks as though Thursday's fixture against Hibs at Easter Road will be his last in charge of Motherwell. He's then expected to swap Fir Park for Tynecastle - with confirmation of the switch likely when McGhee returns from a summer break next month.

You see, I'm never wrong. ;)

Unless donkey just lifted that info from here.

Commander Harris

he he: wrong thread. :D

cheers andy. :)

JamboLad

Bookies wouldnt take bets on McGhee about a month ago so I dont know which ones he is talking about. I e-mailed every bookie going asking for odds on the next Hearts manager and asked for odds on a few including McGhee but they all told me to get tae ...

chester copperpot
he he: wrong thread. :D

cheers andy. :)

You're welcome, a bit early for you I take it, brain not fully into gear yet. :P

Commander Harris
You're welcome, a bit early for you I take it, brain not fully into gear yet. :P

spot on actually. :)

Rods

I for one, would be delighted if MM got the job.

For me that would bring the fans back.

Buffalo Bill

I agree that nobody should jump the gun here and atart running down the street celebrating. For one, it's only Mark McGhee ("he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"); and two, nothing has been signed.

But at the same time, people (like me) will jump on this thread because it gves them hope after two very wretched years of watching a pale imitation of what used to be HMFC.

It's human nature.

Buffalo Bill

Ivan Drago

See how it says MM is the bookies favourite?

Does anyone know what ones are taking bets on it? Just because they werent taking bets on it previously, so if the bookies have actually opened a book and made MM the favourite it adds more fuel to the fire.

Or is it just Donkey speaking metaphorically?

Dr. Bapswent
Cool - well there you go.I dont recall you spouting endless inside info in the past which has proven unsubstantiated so am comfortable there is truth to what you posted on that issue

What will have changed?

The very low rate of season ticket renewals? Vlad's stance on control? MMs stance on control? The money on offer? Nothing and it is just a propaganda leak?

Of course, any number of things could have changed.

Id love MM to come to Hearts.

Im more worried about that if its all speculation (cos at the moment it seems to be). And if nothing comes of it, MM wants to take Motherwell into Europe. Many on here will have a fit, because they beleive there to be some stock in the speculation.

I think that would be unfair, to be blamed on the club, when there has yet been no official confirmation of it.

WheatfieldJambo
Holy **** !!

Lets not get too carried away by this......

But my season ticket renewal may be up for action once more !!

If he does come then you can be rest assured he will have a pretty stringent contract defining decisions, team tactics etc... If I was him I definately would.

Rather exciting. As you say Dex this guy does not usually spin rumours based on nothing...

IF he was to come here there would have to be a clause in his contract that states that if any meddling occurs then he has his contract paid off in a lump sum, otherwise he wouldn;t touch us with a bargepole

rudi

Hope there is some truth in the story but I just can't see it.Why would a fairly intelligent and quite succesful manager go anywhere near Hearts or Vlad,yes he could be getting a packet but he has his career to look after as well.

Maybe like others it's just the cynic in me that is stopping me truely trusting anything at Hearts now,time will tell.

ps regardless if this is true or not I'm still not renewing ST,made my mind up well before christmas,had enough,perhaps a wee break will do me the world of good anyway.

winston churchill

great news if true.

hopefully the first thing he does is, gets a big skip for number 28 & 29 and all the other no marks.

neilnunb

Mark McGhee? We could Alex Ferguson and it wouldn't matter a jot with some of the crap we have on the books! :P