Boxing and UFC

Masonic

One of the worst singing of a national anthem I have heard from the Russian singer...no one would have turned round on the Voice for him

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 24/08/2019 at 19:38, CJGJ said:

BT Sport 2 about to show what should be a good fight...Yarde v Kovalev in Russia

good fight both guys done well no real loser imo

Finally got round to watching Yarde v Kovalev and it was a great fight. Thought Yarde despite his relative inexperience and lack of decent opponents was brilliant. Went to his back yard and almost got Kovalev out of there. Ultimately gassed out but conducted himself brilliantly. 

That's what boxing is all about 👍👌

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Again good fight this weekend

Campbell v Lomachenko

Luke Campbell’s a great fighter but Lomachenko is different gravy, a boxing master, every shot in the book, every move, his footwork and defence is just next level. The Lionel Messi of boxing. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Luke Campbell’s a great fighter but Lomachenko is different gravy, a boxing master, every shot in the book, every move, his footwork and defence is just next level. The Lionel Messi of boxing. 

Yup. Luke Campbell would have to fight the fight of his life whilst hoping lomachenko has an off day and even then I still cant see him winning. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yup. Luke Campbell would have to fight the fight of his life whilst hoping lomachenko has an off day and even then I still cant see him winning. 

Lomachenko’s learnt from losing his 2nd fight. His toughest fight so far was Jorge Linares and he knocked him out. Jorge Linares knocked out Luke Campbell coincidently. 

Can’t see Campbell getting near him in all honesty, I think Loma will stop him within 8 rounds. 

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Lomachenko’s learnt from losing his 2nd fight. His toughest fight so far was Jorge Linares and he knocked him out. Jorge Linares knocked out Luke Campbell coincidently. 

Can’t see Campbell getting near him in all honesty, I think Loma will stop him within 8 rounds. 

He was cheated in his loss

Just now, Jeff said:

The number of low blows was disgusting

I’ve never seen it but I doubt anyone would be able to beat Loma fairly until he’s well over the hill. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I’ve never seen it but I doubt anyone would be able to beat Loma fairly until he’s well over the hill. 

Full fight is on youtube I think. Was shocking officiating

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, Harko said:

Looking forward to a couple of bouts in a wee while.

I fancy Povetkin to KO Hughie Fury in 9

I think Loma beats Campbell in 7

Who is showing the fights?

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Harko said:

It’s on sky box office

Hes goals here I come then

edit - excellent thread if anyone else fancies it

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

That was a bizarre ending to that fight - Edwards was in trouble but the final punch was well after he took a knee. I thought the referee mighta called that???

Fury v Povetkin was poor but the right man got the nod. I’ve always felt Hughie Fury does too much posing and too little activity - that was so negative once again from him. It was a big opportunity and he never really went for it.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Loma is going to kill him here. 

It’ll end when Loma decides to end it - I don’t see it going past 6

Fair play to Campbell, fought well, managed to see it out. Respect. 

Loma must be a nightmare to fight. You go to hit him in front of you and he’s disappeared to your side in the blink of an eye. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Fury went life and death with a guy that was a fringe contender cherry pick. Lucky it wasn't stopped.  

Hardly he was the unanimous winner. Wallin was ranked number four contender and if you knew anything about boxing would have known about this guy for ages. He was not a cherry picked  by any means. Even Muhammed Ali fought guys like Wepner and went to war...its boxing. It happens. 

Fury needed a fight like this.

53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hardly he was the unanimous winner. Wallin was ranked number four contender and if you knew anything about boxing would have known about this guy for ages. He was not a cherry picked  by any means. Even Muhammed Ali fought guys like Wepner and went to war...its boxing. It happens. 

I am old enough to remember Floyd Patterson defending his world title against Pete Rademacher who was having his first Pro fight after winning an Olympic gold .As far as I am aware it was the first and only time it happened 

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He was ranked down at #46 on boxrec and went life and death with Adrian Granat that journeyman Dimitrenko sparked in one round. I know my boxing son.

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Fury went life and death with a guy that was a fringe contender cherry pick. Lucky it wasn't stopped.  

Even if Wallin was cherry picked there was no one else for Fury to fight!!

Joshua is having a rematch with Ruiz, Wilder is having a rematch with Ortiz. Povetkin has just fought Hughie Fury. Parker is fighting Chisora and Dillian Whyte had  a fight about a month ago and now has a potential drug ban. So anyone else would look like an easy match up. Credit to Fury for staying active 

On 15/09/2019 at 15:52, JackLadd said:

He was ranked down at #46 on boxrec and went life and death with Adrian Granat that journeyman Dimitrenko sparked in one round. I know my boxing son.

He was ranked #4 with the WBA or WBC but you could argue they inflated his rankings to make it more interesting. I suppose every boxer is a nobody until the beat a somebody. Fury had that tagline until he got his chance V Wlad. Ruiz shocked the boxing world against Joshua now he is a household name. 

Not saying that Wallin should have inflicted that damage on Fury but he was a hell of alot better than many give him credit for and fought the fight of his life. Fury had a bad night it happens but at least he didn't lose and actually showed tremendous courage to fight on with an eye like that. 

Having watched it again that fight should have been stopped. The cuts remind of the time Vitali Klitschko got cut fighting again Lewis and that was stopped even though Vitali was winning the fight Imo. 

The dark destroyer, Nigel Benn coming out of retirement to fight Sakio Bika a former world champion. Benn is 55 years old and last fought 23 years ago getting beat twice by Steve Collins. Bika ON the other hand is only 40 years old and last fought 4 years ago. 

Both men are in incredible shape however I think this will be an easy night for Bika. 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The dark destroyer, Nigel Benn coming out of retirement to fight Sakio Bika a former world champion. Benn is 55 years old and last fought 23 years ago getting beat twice by Steve Collins. Bika ON the other hand is only 40 years old and last fought 4 years ago. 

Both men are in incredible shape however I think this will be an easy night for Bika. 

Benn might be in good shape and strong but is he fighting fit?

im totally against this unless it’s for charity and both men are wearing head guards. 

Did you hear who is going to sanction the fight?

3 hours ago, Angus Ogg said:

Benn might be in good shape and strong but is he fighting fit?

im totally against this unless it’s for charity and both men are wearing head guards. 

Did you hear who is going to sanction the fight?

The Irish and British authority are sanctioning the fight. The british board of control didn't want anything to do with it. 

Benn is loaded so he isnt doing it for money. He has been talking about a.comeback for a while now...mostly against Eubank Snr. However, he (rightly) refused

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2019 at 20:20, AlimOzturk said:

The Irish and British authority are sanctioning the fight. The british board of control didn't want anything to do with it. 

Benn is loaded so he isnt doing it for money. He has been talking about a.comeback for a while now...mostly against Eubank Snr. However, he (rightly) refused

nigel is 2/1 underdog just seen the line yesterday

Bika would've been an ideal opponent for Benn in the mid 90s, doesn't have much movement, seems happy to take plenty of shots etc...... However its now 2019 ffs Benn should stay in retirement I can see this ending badly. Bika once gave Calzaghe a rough old night because of his dirty tactics. I'm going for a Bika stoppage. Crying shame Nigel Benn is risking his health fighting again he was one of my boxing hero's growing up. 

GGG got the result early this morning but he would have been sweating on that result. The knock down in the first salvaged it for him  

Think age is catching up with him. He wasnt nearly as relentless and slowed down as the fight progressed. His pressure fighting tactics arent as effective as they once where. 

Was impressed with Sergiy though. He will most likely win a world title at some point and i can see why Canelo wants  nothing more to do the middleweight division.  Some amount of talent there with him GGG, BJS, Andrande and Eubank Jr. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

And amazingly on a few days after causing a barney at a WWE event Tyson Fury announces he’s “fighting” in Saudi on a WWE bill on Halloween. 

Nothing new really

Floyd Mayweather and Mike Tyson got involved in WWE. All to boost Furys profile in the states. Its a win win for all parties 

Scott Harrison is making a comeback on the Benn undercard. I've seen some of his recent training videos on You Tube, his pro boxing days are long long gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Taylor fight info...https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50130000

26: O2 Arena, London - Regis Prograis v Josh Taylor (The World Boxing Super Series final - WBA Super & IBF world light welterweight titles); Derek Chisora v David Price (heavyweight); Lee Selby v Ricky Burns (lightweight); Lawrence Okolie v Yves Ngabu (European cruiserweight title); Conor Benn v Laszlo Toth (welterweight)

Regis Prograis says he saw one life disappear and a new one begin when Hurricane Katrina decimated his New Orleans home in 2005.

The American - the WBA world super-lightweight champion - was 16 when his country's deadliest hurricane in 77 years killed an estimated 1,836 people.

As Prograis gets ready to face Scotland's world IBF super-lightweight champion Josh Taylor on Saturday, the 30-year-old says he looks back on a "painful" time that forced him to relocate and ultimately shaped his boxing journey.

"Your whole life is gone, everything you ever knew," Prograis told 5 Live's Boxing podcast. "You knew it will never be the same again but for me, now, it was one of the best things that ever happened to me."

Prograis, who now has 24 wins from 24, moved to Houston following the destruction caused by Katrina's 175mph winds. The ferocity impacted on regions stretching from the Bahamas to parts of eastern Canada.

An estimated $125bn (£96bn) of damage was caused by a category five hurricane that Prograis says made his belongings simply "vanish".

"Looking back at it and going back to it, it was real hard and painful," Prograis told 5 Live before his unification bout at London's O2 Arena. "We went back, my mum was crying, my grandmother, her whole house was gone. It was a horrible experience.

"It's hard to look at it like that now as it did this to me. Boxing has taken me everywhere. But if you ask my dad, my mum and my grandmother, their perspective would be different as it was raw."

Prograis could hold two of the world super-lightweight titles if he overcomes Scotland's unbeaten Taylor. Such honours seemed a world away when he walked into Houston's Savannah Boxing Club after his move.

Former world heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield was among a number of glittering names based at the gym. Ex-world light-middleweight champion Raul Marquez, two-weight world champion Jesus Chavez and America twins Jermell and Jermall Charlo - who have both held world honours in recent years - were also among the decorated names working out there.

"Holyfield was at the end of his career, Raul Marquez, the Charlo twins, a lot of real good pros were there," recalls Prograis.

"I was still an amateur. Being around that did something to my mind. Holyfield was hitting the bag next to me and I was thinking if he can do it I can do it. You watch every little piece of them and what they do that makes them a champion."

Despite believing his move away from New Orleans proved definitive in his boxing ascent, Prograis has the name of the city he holds so dear tattooed across his chest.

He takes pride in educating himself through reading and spoke to 5 Live hours after visiting the Churchill War Rooms in London.

Winston Churchill's famous quote "if you are going through hell, keep going," strikes a particular chord.

Prograis said: "I never thought I'd have a dream job like this. Where I come from, we don't go to London and I've been all over the world.

"Sometimes I wake up in my bed and think how did I even get here? It comes from these two fists."

Taylor, undefeated in 15 fights, will face those fists but is a much-hyped talent himself.

Their meeting is, on paper, one of two slick, classy southpaws, where two world titles are just part of the prize, given the contests doubles as the World Boxing Super Series final.

"Taylor will be a challenge, he could potentially be a threat," said Prograis. "I have seen his style before. I have been in with big, tall dudes who punch. He is still a real good fighter and that's what makes it so intriguing."

Edited by CJGJ

jack D and coke

Heading down to the O2 this weekend for Taylor’s fight. 
Really, really looking forward to it. Half the pans will be there I reckon :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

On 22/10/2019 at 00:46, jack D and coke said:

Really, really looking forward to it. Half the pans will be there I reckon :lol: 

taylor 6/4 to win reckon he decisions him

On 22/10/2019 at 00:46, jack D and coke said:

I'll be there too but probably nowhere near the mob from the pans as i'm a guest of Matchroom!

Should be an interesting crowd, Josh fans from the pans, burn's lot for the weedge, Selby's from wales, scousers for Price and the brixton gangsters for Del boy!

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'll be there too but probably nowhere near the mob from the pans as i'm a guest of Matchroom!

Should be an interesting crowd, Josh fans from the pans, burn's lot for the weedge, Selby's from wales, scousers for Price and the brixton gangsters for Del boy!

Bloody hell :lol: 

Could be a right old tear up...