Boxing and UFC

Masonic

That was Wilder as good as he could be v an under par rusty Tyson Fury and he still got leathered. I don't think anyone can beat Fury, he's massive, strong, powerful, top boxing

I. Q., quick and he's naturally fit despite having the body of a man that lives off beer and pies. He's a great character and champion. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There were eras where Fury would have won little or nothing but to give him his due, he’s built this career from next to nothing and he’s miles out in front. Joshua was manufactured to have a career as good but he’ll be remembered like an over hyped Amir Khan. He and his camp deluded themselves into thinking he’s unstoppable whereas one more defeat and he’s completely done 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Good fight.

Will be interesting to see what Wilder does next. 

Retire is he's got any sense. He's made his money and has a partner and kid(s). Getting smacked in the head like that is going to have a negative effect on his post-boxing life.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Whilst, I agree with your. 

Boxers and fighters in general, have a very different view of risk and they have a lot of self worth tied up in being the ‘baddest man’ on planet. 

i hope he retires and enjoys life. Alas I suspect he continues on as it’s a gravy train for those close to him 

Past boxers have a long and sad history of losing everything. I watched a Roberto Duran documentary and Iran Barkley was on it and I googled him to see how the rest of his career had gone. Bearing in mind he was a 3 time world champion at 3 different weights and beat Tommy Hearns twice he ended up homeless and living off assistance. Also the sad story of taking any fights for money near the end of his career and blemishing his record. He lost his last six fights which were over a span of only 8 months. A lot of these guys aren't the brightest and live in a world full of sharks. 

25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Past boxers have a long and sad history of losing everything. I watched a Roberto Duran documentary and Iran Barkley was on it and I googled him to see how the rest of his career had gone. Bearing in mind he was a 3 time world champion at 3 different weights and beat Tommy Hearns twice he ended up homeless and living off assistance. Also the sad story of taking any fights for money near the end of his career and blemishing his record. He lost his last six fights which were over a span of only 8 months. A lot of these guys aren't the brightest and live in a world full of sharks. 

I know there's plenty who'd pay but I wouldn't fancy getting punched in the face for a living

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I watched a programme with Nigel Benn and basically he said a lot about what goes on.  When Benn was initially undefeated and flying he attracted a crowd of hangers on and was also introduced to some really dodgy characters no doubt from organised crime.  Once he lost his first fight these hangers on disappeared and moved onto the next target.

I guess it must be hard for some of these boxers to get themselves away from this.

SuperstarSteve
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Jon Jones has been indefinitely suspended from Jackson Wink gym by his trainers. 

Im not sure we ever see him fight again. 

I think we will. 6 month UFC suspension but I can definitely see him fighting at heavyweight for the title before he retires. It’s debatable of course but for me he’s the best UFC fighter to grace the company. 

Some half wit on the BBC boxing page saying McGregor might be arranging a fight with Manny Paquiao. Or hilariously Canelo Alvarez. McGregor and Canelo. How does that even seem remotely like a thing to any sane person? 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Some half wit on the BBC boxing page saying McGregor might be arranging a fight with Manny Paquiao. Or hilariously Canelo Alvarez. McGregor and Canelo. How does that even seem remotely like a thing to any sane person? 

If you put McGregor v Alvarez on the same card as Jake Paul v Tommy Fury we could see both McGregor and Paul badly, badly hurt and the infiltration of MMA fighters and youtubers into the sport of boxing will be at an end. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 23:58, Tazio said:

he should just retire its over for him

• 2 weeks later...

Teofimo Lopez is fighting tonight. Hopefully he gets the win to set up a fight with the best boxer in Britain.

Josh Taylor knocks him spark out within 7 rounds.

10 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Teofimo Lopez is fighting tonight. Hopefully he gets the win to set up a fight with the best boxer in Britain.

Josh Taylor knocks him spark out within 7 rounds.

I thought Josh was moving up a weight to fight Terrance Crawford?

He's beaten arguably the best in his division in Prograis and Ramirez. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I thought Josh was moving up a weight to fight Terrance Crawford?

He's beaten arguably the best in his division in Prograis and Ramirez. 

I've read that Josh is keen on a fight with Crawford but I've also read that promoters are worried that that fight doesn't make good money. Crawford doesn't do good figures when it comes to PPV buys, apparently. 

Undisputed, undefeated champ vs Undispiuted, undefeated champ is the fight to make in my opinion.  Relatively easy win for Josh.

Would be smart to let Crawford age a couple more years before picking him off.

I think Josh is brilliant and needs to find a way of becoming big in the US. To be fair he can't do more than what he already has. I genuinely think he will surpass Ken Buchanan by the end of his career.

3 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

I've read that Josh is keen on a fight with Crawford but I've also read that promoters are worried that that fight doesn't make good money. Crawford doesn't do good figures when it comes to PPV buys, apparently. 

Undisputed, undefeated champ vs Undispiuted, undefeated champ is the fight to make in my opinion.  Relatively easy win for Josh.

Would be smart to let Crawford age a couple more years before picking him off.

I think Josh is brilliant and needs to find a way of becoming big in the US. To be fair he can't do more than what he already has. I genuinely think he will surpass Ken Buchanan by the end of his career.

Fair enough. I think so too mate, he's a cracking boxer. Usually guys who have learnt their trade as amatuers are more technical and better boxers for it when they become pros. Defo needs to start getting big fights in America though. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Fair enough. I think so too mate, he's a cracking boxer. Usually guys who have learnt their trade as amatuers are more technical and better boxers for it when they become pros. Defo needs to start getting big fights in America though. 

👍👍

SuperstarSteve

I don’t think Taylor will be fighting Lopez anytime soon.

Only 3 weeks ago in an interview he said Lopez is not on his radar, he has his plan and teo isn’t part of it, granted he did admit he would be open to fighting him at somepoint. 

Lopez v Haney. is the one to make for me, Haney has a legit belt around his waist because lomachenko handed him it instead defending against him. Haney v Lopez ends the undisputed debate. 

Subscribe to the thread for more of my red-hot betting tips🤣🤣🤣

Fair play to Kambosos. I never new Aussies could fight until last night. Fennech, Mundine and Green were all mince.

Would love to see Lopez Sr. fight John Fury or 80s Mike Tyson.

download.jpeg-2.jpg

13 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I don’t think Taylor will be fighting Lopez anytime soon.

Only 3 weeks ago in an interview he said Lopez is not on his radar, he has his plan and teo isn’t part of it, granted he did admit he would be open to fighting him at somepoint. 

Lopez v Haney. is the one to make for me, Haney has a legit belt around his waist because lomachenko handed him it instead defending against him. Haney v Lopez ends the undisputed debate. 

Couldn't agree with you more after last night. I think a win over Lopez would give Taylor the boost in the US but Teo will be wanting none of that.

Amir Khan and Kell Brook announce a fight.

Two washed-up has-beens who have been avoiding each other for 15 years suddenly decide to have a meaningless, cash-grab exhibition fight.

Pair of pricks.

Edited by Cade

SuperstarSteve

AJ’s interview last week on IFL was quite odd. No wonder Eddie Hearn didn’t let him do interviews often. 

After stating he would never step aside and avoid Usyk, He done a complete U-turn suggesting if the money was right to step aside he has to look at it. 

That has led to Warren contacting Hearn to make it happen. Both promoters have confirmed if they can agree on a number he will step aside. 

Saudi have contacted Warren as they want to hold the Usyk v Fury undisputed event. 

21 hours ago, Steak said:

Tommy Fury shat it

He has a broken rib and several fractures. Would suck big time to go in with that injury. Rumours it happened when fury was hammering him with a medicine ball. 

Woodley hopefully finishes The YouTuber trend once and for all. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

He has a broken rib and several fractures. Would suck big time to go in with that injury. Rumours it happened when fury was hammering him with a medicine ball. 

Woodley hopefully finishes The YouTuber trend once and for all. 

I was reading it was pneumonia or something, is that confirmed?

Just now, Smithee said:

I was reading it was pneumonia or something, is that confirmed?

Think he said he had a bacterial chest infection but was roughing it out but could no longer take it. Was in some amount of paid and his team basically made the decision for him to go for a scan and he posted pictures of the broken and fractured ribs. 

Could be bullshit but I can’t see Tommy fury shiting it from jake Paul and the money was shit hot for the level he is at. 

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Could be bullshit but I can’t see Tommy fury shiting it from jake Paul and the money was shit hot for the level he is at. 

Yeah I tend to agree now

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think he said he had a bacterial chest infection but was roughing it out but could no longer take it. Was in some amount of paid and his team basically made the decision for him to go for a scan and he posted pictures of the broken and fractured ribs. 

Breaks and fractures are the same thing. All breaks are fractures. There are only different types and levels of displacement.

I had a look at the image he posted on social media. It's a single slice of an axial plane CT or MR run. I can't tell which from the image.

If it actually belongs to him (there's no way of knowing that it does), there's no way that he could or would be allowed to fight with that.

It's a significant traumatic injury.

Training, running or even lifting his hands above his head would be painful as hell and there's a risk of perforating the lung. 

It would be incredibly stupid to hide the injury and attempt to fight.

I didn't watch the first fight between Paul and Woodley but I saw the moment when Woodley cracked him then fannied about for the rest of the round. I know T-Wood is washed and low volume output is his thing these days but it looked highly suspicious.

10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I had a look at the image he posted on social media. It's a single slice of an axial plane CT or MR run. I can't tell which from the image.

If it actually belongs to him (there's no way of knowing that it does), there's no way that he could or would be allowed to fight with that.

It's a significant traumatic injury.

Training, running or even lifting his hands above his head would be painful as hell and there's a risk of perforating the lung. 

It would be incredibly stupid to hide the injury and attempt to fight.

I didn't watch the first fight between Paul and Woodley but I saw the moment when Woodley cracked him then fannied about for the rest of the round. I know T-Wood is washed and low volume output is his thing these days but it looked highly suspicious.

I honestly can’t see why fury would have any worry fighting Jake Paul. Whilst he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in boxing he clearly has far more experience and pedigree than Paul and should have won the fight. It is a huge purse for this stage of his career as well and puts his profile out there big time. Plus, being the one to beat the shit out of the arrogant youtuber must be tempting. 

I therefore think the injury is legitimate. 

13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I honestly can’t see why fury would have any worry fighting Jake Paul. Whilst he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in boxing he clearly has far more experience and pedigree than Paul and should have won the fight. It is a huge purse for this stage of his career as well and puts his profile out there big time. Plus, being the one to beat the shit out of the arrogant youtuber must be tempting. 

I therefore think the injury is legitimate. 

Me too. I think he'd probably have won comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Parker v Chisora coming up. Hope Chisora gets flattened 

Judging was a farce. One clown had it 114-112. Three kd 's and he has it by two points which means Chisora would have won bar those. Judges like that give Joshua hope vs Usyk in rematch 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...