Boxing and UFC

Masonic

3 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

AJ is will have the size and power advantage whilst Usyk will have the skill and speed,  could go either way….

Only reason he's taking the fight. 

I hope he get's his head boxed off. 

It should be AJ vs Fury, stop all this ****ing about. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AJ will win this weekend.  

Usyk is ****ing brilliant though and will be a WH champ in future.  He would be better placed against Fury. Same as David Haye at weight and speed could have hurt fury but smashed off AJ.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

I suspect Joshua's plan will be keep it long and bank rounds but Usyk is no ordinary contender and looks to have done the work in his training camp. If I was to bet it would be Joshua by controversial home town decision.

Edited by JackLadd

jack D and coke

Joshua’s fights are usually pretty entertaining in the main. Usyk a very decent fighter too I’m unsure but looking forward to it. You’d expect AJ to win but who knows…
Lot of respect between them which is unusual at these things. 

On 22/09/2021 at 18:43, Greedy Jambo said:

I can actually see Usyk and Lawler both winning. 

Diaz was well past his best when he 'retired' and he's not fought in years. 

Usyk might not be as big as AJ (probably the only concern) but he's a very good boxer and is unbeaten, not saying Tony Bellew is a world beater but Usyk sparked him clean out as well. 

True but Usyk was in trouble for a while against Chisora, if AJ uses his  size and strength for the off then I can see him stopping Usyk in the middle rounds. Best Usyk can hope for is AJ trying to box him imho

AJ had a bigger size and strength advantage against Ruiz and Usyk is a much bigger man than him, in fact he's bigger than Tyson and Holyfield as well  so I'm not convinced the size thing is as a big factor as being touted.

Usyk is a supreme boxer with great movement and footwork so think there is a very good chance AJ gets outboxed here.

AJ is a better boxer than folk give him credit for though and if he pressurises Usyk early and doesn't let him get into a rhythm, then good chance he wins. Would worry the longer it goes.

Do hope he wins as would love to see him smash Fury.

18 minutes ago, Costanza said:

AJ had a bigger size and strength advantage against Ruiz and Usyk is a much bigger man than him, in fact he's bigger than Tyson and Holyfield as well  so I'm not convinced the size thing is as a big factor as being touted.

Usyk is a supreme boxer with great movement and footwork so think there is a very good chance AJ gets outboxed here.

AJ is a better boxer than folk give him credit for though and if he pressurises Usyk early and doesn't let him get into a rhythm, then good chance he wins. Would worry the longer it goes.

Do hope he wins as would love to see him smash Fury.

Andy Ruiz is listed 6”2 on box rec but there is no way he is that. He is more like 5”11 - 6ft. He was heavier than Joshua in their first fight but carrying a lot of fat. Had fast hands though and a short sharp hook which caught AJ out. No doubt AJ underestimated Ruiz. 

No way he is under estimating Usyk though. How much confidence he lost through Ruiz must have gained back through his victories over him in the re match match and smashing pulev. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Andy Ruiz is listed 6”2 on box rec but there is no way he is that. He is more like 5”11 - 6ft. He was heavier than Joshua in their first fight but carrying a lot of fat. Had fast hands though and a short sharp hook which caught AJ out. No doubt AJ underestimated Ruiz. 

No way he is under estimating Usyk though. How much confidence he lost through Ruiz must have gained back through his victories over him in the re match match and smashing pulev. 

Actually you are right. Ruiz was taller than I assumed and whilst Usyk is taller and has a bigger reach (6ft 3 and 78") its not as big a difference as I had thought and Ruiz was a heavier man.

Agree no chance of underestimating Usyk.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Actually you are right. Ruiz was taller than I assumed and whilst Usyk is taller and has a bigger reach (6ft 3 and 78") its not as big a difference as I had thought and Ruiz was a heavier man.

Agree no chance of underestimating Usyk.

AJ has all the physical advantages but Usyk is clearly a more skilled and seasoned fighter. His amateur pedigree is incredible and he beat some top class fighters down in the cruiserweight. I always believe the more skilled fighter beats a bigger more physically stronger fighter 7/10 times. Depends how much of a difference there is is skill though. Joshua has improved dramatically over the years. His stamina was much better against Ruiz and he didn’t rush to beat pulev either showing he learnt his lessons. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fury v Wilder tonight. 

Can only see a fury victory. He is a better boxer and imo got inside wilders head. 

Think fury gets tko inside 8. 

Also the small matter of Fury being almost 3 stone heavier. Wilder isn’t a good technical boxer who can stand off and score points in the rounds, and Fury has good defence anyway. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Fury didn’t weigh in 3 stone heavier, did he though he was a couple pounds heavier that second bout. 

I watched a little bit of weigh in yesterday, wasn’t all that surprised fury came in a tad heavy than previously. He will use that weight to tire Wilder out by being heavy on him. 

I actually think we see Wilder come out a bit wild and open himself up to shots.  

What time is the knock due to start?

That’s why I said “almost”, he’s only 3lb off it being 3st though 17st against 19st 11lb.

Can't decide whether to wake up early and spend £25 on this and be half asleep for it and then the rest of the day or sleep, save myself cash and hope I don't miss a good spectacle. 

Decisions, decisions.

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Can't decide whether to wake up early and spend £25 on this and be half asleep for it and then the rest of the day or sleep, save myself cash and hope I don't miss a good spectacle. 

Decisions, decisions.

I am going with the latter.  Not going to mess up my Sunday by getting up that early or spending £25 in case I dose off and miss the fight. 💤

Greedy Jambo

There's not many fights worth watching, but this is one. 

But yeah, I'll be having a good sleep and watch it on youtube. 

Naisys Tackle

Really up for this now.  Come on Tyson.  Winning in America is amazing for a British boxer and with the back story of his new born and just being a really likeable guy (Kelbie links aside) hope he completes the destruction in the next hour. 

Set my alarm and got up with relative ease so got it bought and eating popcorn in my living room. Usually I never manage the late/early fights, quite like being up at this time for something like this rather than work. Feels quite surreal in some ways

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Set my alarm and got up with relative ease so got it bought and eating popcorn in my living room. Usually I never manage the late/early fights, quite like being up at this time for something like this rather than work. Feels quite surreal in some ways

When you have in your head your getting up it’s brilliant.  It more than beats taking ages to fall asleep then gutted the next day you didn’t stay up when just watching highlights.  Butterflies just now after the same after the football earlier!

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Always get up for these huge fights. Thank **** I am not hungover or pissed for a change 😂

🤣

dafuq was that pish singing

3 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Fury always looking to unload that right with the big one two 

I think hes the more positive and calm of the two , Wilder looks wild eyed and desperate