Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Should not have taken a knee like that. Showed no Heart. 

I don’t agree with that personally. Is it better to be a hero and get beaten to a pulp? The world is full of hero’s who stay in fights unwisely and get badly damaged. I think from round one he was shocked at not getting his own way and it ate away at him. No point in staying in a fight against a very accurate puncher when you won’t see any of his right hands coming in. 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I don’t agree with that personally. Is it better to be a hero and get beaten to a pulp? The world is full of hero’s who stay in fights unwisely and get badly damaged. I think from round one he was shocked at not getting his own way and it ate away at him. No point in staying in a fight against a very accurate puncher when you won’t see any of his right hands coming in. 

He was still in with a chance of winning that fight. If we was completely out of it points wise then fair doos take the knee but not when your right in it. Look at Tyson Fury with that huge gash in his eye fighting on against Otto Wallen. Could have quit but has Heart. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

He was still in with a chance of winning that fight. If we was completely out of it points wise then fair doos take the knee but not when your right in it. Look at Tyson Fury with that huge gash in his eye fighting on against Otto Wallen. Could have quit but has Heart. 

They said after the fight he got a searing pain like a nerve in his eye when he took that last jab. If you get a terrible pain in an eye that’s been getting pounded for nine rounds is it worth keeping going and ending up with serious eye damage? Different jelly from a cut I’d say. 

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

All considered Mike was excellent I thought, still fresh at the end.  Roy did a lot lot holding. 

So would I. :D

Just watched it. Tyson much fitter than Jones which isn’t surprising considering he is fighting at his prime weight and Jones is about 40 pounds heavier than his. Tyson clearly won the fight but being an exhibition they called it a draw. Tyson seems in a good place - if he had this mentality in his prime he would have been unstoppable. 

I know It is a world of difference fighting an old RJJ than a proper heavyweight contest. But if wilder was in against Tyson and he came with bad intentions I have no doubt Tyson would scare the living shit out of him - even now. 

Kinda glad Joe Joyce Jabbed Dubois eye into blindness after mocking Dubois mocked Joyce partially blind mom.  

13 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Only the idiots like Carl Frampton who spouted nonsense without knowing the damage would say he 'quit'

He had a broken eye socket with nerve damage around his eye and now faces months of recovery

41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Only the idiots like Carl Frampton who spouted nonsense without knowing the damage would say he 'quit'

He had a broken eye socket with nerve damage around his eye and now faces months of recovery

Frampton went through some wars TBF. Think he would know better than most. 

I reckon the corner, referee or doctor (who didn’t even look at his eye) should have stopped it. That was their job and they failed their fighter. I also reckon Warren has a lot of responsibility in the defeat after feeding him utter shite up to now. Basically has no experience in fighting someone who could take the punishment and dish it out equally. 

Might have been harsh in my assessment last night. The eye injury looks ****ing horrific on viewing it again. 

46 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Was saying that to my mates while watching it last night.

The guys job is literally getting punched in the face.  If he goes down like that, he must know something is really wrong.  

Dunno about you guys, but I have broken several parts of my body before and each time I instantly knew the bones were were broken.

On 30/11/2020 at 16:21, ri Alban said:

I really enjoyed the Mike Tyson v Roy Jones junior fight. They were impressive and quite inspirational. Well done lads. 

It’s just about to start on BT Sports 1 if anyone wants to see the whole thing. 
Just now being 10.15pm on Wednesday 1st of December. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm not AJ's biggest fan, but I hope he smashes Pulev. 

He'll beat him, it's the only reason he's taken the fight. He can't risk another loss. 

39 year old that hasn't beaten anyone of note. 

I don't particularly like AJ, purely because he's a big shite bag and only fights decent folk when they're on their last legs. 

Samuel Camazzola
22 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm not AJ's biggest fan, but I hope he smashes Pulev. 

I'd like to see AJ be put on his arse but want the prospect of him facing Fury kept alive. Would love to see Fury humiliate him. 

Pulev has improved since Klitschko fight. Fought him when Wlad was in his prime and  He was an animal that day. 

Doubt he has enough to beat Joshua however this is the heavyweights and 1 punch can change everything. 

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Aj absolutely destroyed him in the 3rd round. He’s really done nothing much since. 

He’s doing just enough to win every round I’d say. He wants the big finish but Ruiz taught him to be a bit more cautious 

Pulev was out of it before that last punch. The ref could have stopped it easily after seeing him struggling to get back to his feet before it. 

Edited by Tazio

Rupert Pupkin

Smart from Joshua, boxed well, and didn’t gas himself going “Gung Ho” for a finish.

Pulev was hard as nails, took some punishment.

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

Nucky Thompson

What a tough dude that Putev was.

Would be an awesome street fighter

Edited by Nucky Thompson

12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I know little about boxing but from what i've seen Fury will run circles round AJ imo.

Same here except AJ will get to Fury.....wonderful early summer 2021 fight to look forward to (allowing of course for Covid)

Fury may need to fight first of course prior to meeting AJ.

The great thing is no one really knows and for the 2 of them that means they will earn fortunes on PPV etc.

:wow:

Conor and Dustin might not want to win if they have to fight that lad.  :runaway:

Tony did well, but I think it's plain stupidity to let your arm get fecked just for the bravado. 

Dana "Khabid, do you want to come out of retirement" . 

Khabib "No, I'm fine thanks" 

Edited by ri Alban

Jesus H Christ 😳 This main event is brilliant! 

What a fight! And the champ is at the madam. Finger pokes, and baw bootin. 

Edited by ri Alban

Spoiler

Draw. Scandalous, imo. Moreno won that with the deduction of a point. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve just finished watching that fight. Not surprised at the result, though the performance from Oliveria was more dominant than thought. 

Couldn’t believe the arm never snapped, when he put Ferguson’s arm under his armpit, was waiting on the snap. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ferguson cut and head off to Bellator. He’s not going to win the title now and at best he’d be a gate keeper for UFC. Don’t see that as a role that either fancy. 

As, per see it different from you think Conor, Porrier beats Okiveria. Think Conors stand up is far superior and is TDD would keep it on the feet. Think Porrier would just be stronger in feet and wrestling. 

Khabib rag dolls and destroys him imo, just like he has done to everyone else. 

Looks like he’ll face winner of Connor/Dustin. 

Still nuthugging khabib, I see. Conor will have to knock him out before he's tied up in a world of pain. And Dustin is just overrated. Khabib? Maybe one day he'll fight someone his own real size. I doubt it. 

Roll on the Cup final, lordie. :yas:

Edited by ri Alban