Boxing and UFC

Masonic

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

he can rise to the occasion when hes fighting bums he cant get up for it and just does enough to scrape past soon as he fights world champs he schools them its a psychological with billy but judges will rob him against canelo as no chance they are givin a decision against their cash cow

in fairness he had visa and travel problems before his last fight as well which didnt help

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The BJS who fought again Euband Jr gives Canelo major problems. Granteez Canelo is a different class but I also think BJS style could work against Canelo

Lads, no disrespect but BJS isn't in the same universe as Canelo. This is like Ricky Hatton fighting Pac in his prime. 

BJS went 12 rounds with Eubank Jr.

Canelo would have knocked Eubank Jr out within 3 rounds with one hand behind his back. 

The class of opponent Canelo has faced is way and above anything BJS has faced and since BJS has stepped up to fighting good Fighters, just about every fight he has had at that level has gone the distance. 

Canelo's unbeatable at the moment and probably for the next 4-5 years. He's massively experienced, fast, great feet, an immense defence and tactical brain, he's got a granite chin and he punches like a ****ing sledgehammer. This will be a doddle for the ginger Mexican. He's a class above man. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Lads, no disrespect but BJS isn't in the same universe as Canelo. This is like Ricky Hatton fighting Pac in his prime. 

BJS went 12 rounds with Eubank Jr.

Canelo would have knocked Eubank Jr out within 3 rounds with one hand behind his back. 

The class of opponent Canelo has faced is way and above anything BJS has faced and since BJS has stepped up to fighting good Fighters, just about every fight he has had at that level has gone the distance. 

Canelo's unbeatable at the moment and probably for the next 4-5 years. He's massively experienced, fast, great feet, an immense defence and tactical brain, he's got a granite chin and he punches like a ****ing sledgehammer. This will be a doddle for the ginger Mexican. He's a class above man. 

Unbeatenable. GGG would beg to differ.

Mexican beef helps anaw.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Unbeatenable. GGG would beg to differ.

Mexican beef helps anaw.

GGG lost the 2nd fight. First fight was probably a draw as Canelo landed the biggest hits. 

So yes, he's probably unbeatable at the moment. 

Who's going to beat him? 

BJS?

Callum Smith? 

Those two would be better fighting each other tbh. 

23 hours ago, Masonic said:

being fed to the lions here shevchenko is being built up for the big fight with nunes

Shevchenko is a beast at this weight it's like it is a division just created for her to dominate 

I do really like Fury and really hope he wins but I've got an uncomfortable feeling that Wilder is going to knock him out cold. 

Coming into the fight I thought Fury would win but with all these things about him changing trainer, being heavier, his damaged eyebrow, his ankles being ****ed, I just can't see it and I think people in the UK are overestimating Fury and underestimating Wilder. 

If Tyson is confident, he is in good nick, puts on a masterclass and avoids Wilders sledgehammer, he will probably win on points. I cannot see Fury beating Wilder by stoppage or knockout. 

For me it's a huge ask for Fury to last 12 rounds and win v Wilder. I hope he proves me wrong. 

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Wouldn't mind watching this if it wasn't 25 quid and on at 5am in the morning!

Im in this boat. Think I will set the alarm and get up and tune in on 5Live. 

Wilder for me.

Henry. Henry.
1 minute ago, Angry Haggis said:

Im in this boat. Think I will set the alarm and get up and tune in on 5Live. 

Wilder for me.

Think TalkSport have the fight.  

scott herbertson

Tyson looks fat not muscled up, but we'll see on the night (well in the morning)

I'm going for Wilder by KO before round 6

Half pissed and buzzing for this.

Going to the scratcher soon and alarm set for 3am. 

£25 of the wife's money well spent 😃😃

15 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Tyson's trainer saying he's not fully fit.. 

Wtf

Tyson has conned Wilder into coming in too heavy. Tyson is banking on Wilder gassing out quick. The only thing is, if he can find Tyson this time, it's lights out. Playing with fire and I think it will cost him. I hope I'm wrong.

Wilder by KO in the 2nd or Fury by KO in the 7th.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tyson has conned Wilder into coming in too heavy. Tyson is banking on Wilder gassing out quick. The only thing is, if he can find Tyson this time, it's lights out. Playing with fire and I think it will cost him. I hope I'm wrong.

Wilder by KO in the 2nd or Fury by KO in the 7th.

The fortune teller is right again.

jack D and coke
20 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Wouldn't mind watching this if it wasn't 25 quid and on at 5am in the morning!

Bit late now but for these things I can help😉

scott herbertson

Judged that one badly wrong. Fury out thought and outfought him. Well done - he can be thought of in the same bracket as Lennox Lewis now as one of the greatest british heavyweights and that performance was right up there with the best.

Deontay Wilder has blamed his elaborate ring-walk costume for his WBC heavyweight title defeat by Tyson Fury.

The American, 34, said his costume was too heavy and as a result he "didn't have the legs" for the fight.

Britain's Fury, 31, produced a dominant display to win the title in Las Vegas on Saturday when Wilder's corner threw in the towel in the seventh round.

Wilder also told US media he will exercise his rematch clause for a third fight against Fury.

22 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Deontay Wilder has blamed his elaborate ring-walk costume for his WBC heavyweight title defeat by Tyson Fury.

The American, 34, said his costume was too heavy and as a result he "didn't have the legs" for the fight.

Britain's Fury, 31, produced a dominant display to win the title in Las Vegas on Saturday when Wilder's corner threw in the towel in the seventh round.

Wilder also told US media he will exercise his rematch clause for a third fight against Fury.

big dosser

14 hours ago, G.Wright said:

Josh Taylor has singed with Ben Davison, ex Fury trainer. Could be huge move for Taylor. 

Interesting choice, seen he'd done a few sessions with Adam Booth 

I like Davisons analysis of opponents just not sure how experienced he is, only fighters of any note he's really trained are Fury and BJS

scott herbertson

Taylor's next opponent is unbeaten , but hasn't fought anyone decent and looks easy to hit. I think Taylor will crush him in a couple of rounds

On 23/02/2020 at 16:39, ri Alban said:

Illegal punch excuse about to be trotted out by the Wilder camp.

Not sure quite where Wilder goes from here

1. Actually learn to box from scratch......at 35 surely he’s too late for that.?

2. Go back to knocking over a conveyor belt of Nobodies??....no point at 35.

3. Invoke trilogy clause  and get rag dolled again by Fury?

4. Fight Ruiz as is rumoured?.....could work though a fully Teddy Atlas trained and focused Ruiz would have bull neck, granite chin, fast hands and serious hooking power and would surely follow Fury’s example of pressuring  spaghetti legs who cant fight going backwards.

5. Maybe try for a mega  big pay day against Joshua?

No obvious route forward IMO.?

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Interesting choice, seen he'd done a few sessions with Adam Booth 

I like Davisons analysis of opponents just not sure how experienced he is, only fighters of any note he's really trained are Fury and BJS

I think Taylor was trying a few folk out to  see what would work. I get what you say about experience but I would imagine Fury and BJ would create enough situations for experience to be gained quickly. 

Rematch been triggered. 

Not sure what tbe point is in this is TBH. Wilder was outclassed in both fights First fight Fury wasnt even full fit and still regaining his timing. Second fight, a fully fit and focused aggressive fury pummeled Wilder. 

Wilder has been offered step aside money and he should reconiser this and take on Ruiz/Parker. Regain some confidence before taking on either fury or Joshua as his next defeat to either will end his career. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Rematch been triggered. 

Not sure what tbe point is in this is TBH. Wilder was outclassed in both fights First fight Fury wasnt even full fit and still regaining his timing. Second fight, a fully fit and focused aggressive fury pummeled Wilder. 

Wilder has been offered step aside money and he should reconiser this and take on Ruiz/Parker. Regain some confidence before taking on either fury or Joshua as his next defeat to either will end his career. 

Warren on talksport this morning saying no offer of step aside money has been made yet as Wilder only triggered the rematch on Saturday, also hinted that it would take Joshua to payoff Pulev before they would look to pay off wilder, otherwise AJ v Pulev and Fury Wilder 3 will both go ahead with the winners facing off for the undisputed. 

As it stands Fury Wilder would also contractually have to be fought in the states.

Wilders finished if he fights Fury now.

The guy imo isn't as bad as he looked but he needs new trainers, a new style and some good warm up fights before he goes for belts again.

He's been found out. All anyone needs to do is walk him down, get in close and he can't throw his one and only asset, that big right hand. 

He needs two fights with a new style. I wouldn’t throw him in v Parker, Whyte or Ruiz, they'd kill him because they are big hitters, quick and can box, but maybe Kabayel, Hunter, Rivas or Kownacki. Someone good but not top 6 or 7 because up until Fury, he's fought no one other than old man Ortiz. 

He needs to learn how to win rounds, use his jab, fight on the outside and when he's hurt, know how to survive and recover. He can't beat Fury by standing square in front of him just hoping that he gets in one lucky dig. Absolute waste of a fight for both guys. 

DAZN coming to the UK in May £4.99 a month first fight Canelo v Saunders

Will be signing up for that they have all the top fighters.

On 02/03/2020 at 15:58, vegas-voss said:

DAZN coming to the UK in May £4.99 a month first fight Canelo v Saunders

Will be signing up for that they have all the top fighters.

thats actually good value but most use an android box anyways 

9 minutes ago, Masonic said:

thats actually good value but most use an android box anyways 

They are also looking to expand into football.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Adesanya v Romero at the weekend. 

When I look at the pair, I kind of feel like there should only be one winner. However, I think Stylebender wins I think he will be able to pick apart Romero with much quicker hands which will ultimately lead to a tip as Romero fatigues. 

Don’t think it will be easy fight by any stretch.

It's mental that Romero is 42.Agreed this won't be easy and Romero should really have been a champ already as he beat Whittaker

Israel Adesanya is arguably the biggest rising star in the UFC since Conor McGregor. He's a big deal, and if he keeps up his winning streak he could be an even bigger deal. When he knocked out previous champ Robert Whittaker in definitive fashion at UFC 243 (after the best walk-in in UFC history) you could almost hear the ka-ching of cash registers roll up in UFC President Dana White's eyeballs. Adesanya is special. He's charismatic, quick-witted, has a powerful social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He might be the most futuristic striker in the game. He's Anderson Silva for a brand-new generation

At UFC 248, middleweight champion Adesanya is facing off against Yoel Romero, a dangerous fight for anyone. Romero is a tank disguised in human flesh. En route to winning a razor tight victory decision against him, Whittaker broke multiple bones punching and kicking him. Another previous Ultimate Fighting Championship opponent, Luke Rockhold, is on record stating "that man is made of steel." 

Every second you're in the cage with Romero, you're in danger of being savagely and violently knocked out and since Romero made weight, the fight is for the title

UK

(Note in the UK UFC 248 runs through into Sunday March 8.)

• The main card starts at 3 a.m. GMT
  • The prelims start at 1 a.m. GMT
  • The early prelims start at 11:15 p.m. GMT

Madsen

O'Malley

Viera

Oliveira

Jingliang

Beneil

Zhang

Romero

Not sure about Winn v Meerschaert. Winn is the DC trained 5ft6 middleweight. Unimpressed with him so far but he gets a lot of hype.

Winn looks silly once again. He doesn't look UFC standard. Too small for middleweight. 

If it wasn't for DC, i don't think he'd have been signed. 

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Winn looks silly once again. He doesn't look UFC standard. Too small for middleweight. 

If it wasn't for DC, i don't think he'd have been signed. 

Li wasn't much cop either. 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Li wasn't much cop either. 

Really thought he would win that. Magny is a decent middle order gatekeeper. No easy meal ticket for young lions.

Cashed out my bet before that one luckily.

18 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Really thought he would win that. Magny is a decent middle order gatekeeper. No easy meal ticket for young lions.

Cashed out my bet before that one luckily.

What a fight with jj ang zhang. 

16 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Has Woodley ever fought Romero?

That would be a total strikes of 6 between them.

Woodley is a welterweight.

Yoel has a long history of gassing so he was obviously trying to keep some back for the later rounds. 

Clearly didn't work though.