Boxing and UFC

Masonic

37 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I think he'd be crazy to go looking for that if he wants another run at a title. I'd give him about 5-10% chance of winning.

Jorge doesn't get KOd and he's outstanding on the ground. Demian Maia said he had the best BJJ out of everyone he'd ever fought. He also walks around close to 200lbs. Conor would be stupid to go down this route.

I think it’s the logical fight, Gaethje is a mouthpiece ducking fights, Usman destroys him at 170. It’s not going to be Diaz. Depends on McGregor now and how active he is this year and if Dana is willing to wait for an October time showdown with Khabib.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

I think it’s the logical fight, Gaethje is a mouthpiece ducking fights, Usman destroys him at 170. It’s not going to be Diaz. Depends on McGregor now and how active he is this year and if Dana is willing to wait for an October time showdown with Khabib.

You think Masvidal is a logical fight?

45 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You think Masvidal is a logical fight?

In my opinion yes, it’s a fight that the fans would enjoy. Think I’ll leave it here as you come across rather aggressive and don’t seem to be giving an alternative view rather dig at mine 

16 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

In my opinion yes, it’s a fight that the fans would enjoy. Think I’ll leave it here as you come across rather aggressive and don’t seem to be giving an alternative view rather dig at mine 

Eh, okay. I just wasn't sure what you meant. Sorry if my aggression upset you.

Kavanaugh reckons it's Gaethje next but at 170. :laugh: 

So is this a thing now? Fighting guys at walking around weight and only cutting for title fights? If they let Conor do that, will they let everyone do the same?

51 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Kavanaugh reckons it's Gaethje next but at 170. :laugh: 

So is this a thing now? Fighting guys at walking around weight and only cutting for title fights? If they let Conor do that, will they let everyone do the same?

It's about time

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It's about time

You mean about time they did something about heavy weight cutting or about time they stopped weight cutting for non title fights?

41 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You mean about time they did something about heavy weight cutting or about time they stopped weight cutting for non title fights?

Weight cutting is a very dangerous tactical advantage. In fact it's cheating.

McGregor is never a 145er in his life but he put his life in danger so he could overwhelm the division. As is Khabib and middleweight+ who has almost killed himself so he can dominant wee 155ers at ease.

It needs to stop. There's a documentary about weight cutting and it's appalling what Boxing and MMA, and even the likes of wrestling allow in their sport.

Sorry, but I for one think it should be banned. It's pretty easy to regulate, so regulate.

Weight cutting is a very dangerous tactical advantage. In fact it's cheating.

McGregor is never a 145er in his life but he put his life in danger so he could overwhelm the division. As is Khabib and middleweight+ who has almost killed himself so he can dominant wee 155ers at ease.

It needs to stop. There's a documentary about weight cutting and it's appalling what Boxing and MMA, and even the likes of wrestling allow in their sport.

Sorry, but I for one think it should be banned. It's pretty easy to regulate, so regulate.

I don't agree that it's cheating because they all have equal opportunity to do it.

I do agree that it's dangerous though. They really should do something. 

The guys like Gunnar Nelson whom don't cut weight only seem to get so far.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

On McGregor fighting at walking weight except for title. He can literally do whatever he wants in the UFC as he makes everyone so much money. He would probably have the biggest influence over the UFC to influence their future tact’s and improve things for the fighters. Fair or not, it doesn’t really matter as it is what it is.

Pretty much.

This could be the first step to a cultural change.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Everyone can take steroids, so? They've been banned you say. Well ban excessive weight cutting too.

I don't understand your point re steroids.

I agree, they should do something about weight cutting though.

Fractured eye socket and broken nose. 

Might need surgery.

Still internet weirdos are claiming it was a set up and Cowboy took a dive. 🤔😆

I like the fact Mcgregor effectively didn't cut weight for this fight. He looked in tremendous condition. There has been talk of same day weigh ins which would surely radically reduce the amount fighters can cut as they would have insufficient time to rehydrate and recover. 

AlphonseCapone
13 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

I like the fact Mcgregor effectively didn't cut weight for this fight. He looked in tremendous condition. There has been talk of same day weigh ins which would surely radically reduce the amount fighters can cut as they would have insufficient time to rehydrate and recover. 

Idiots would still try it and that would be even more dangerous with less recovery time. 

weigh ins were put back a day so fighters could rehydrate as it takes longer than 24hrs for ur brain to reobsorb the liquids after depleting urself and all the water weight lost in the run up to the fight

Congratulations to Cris Cyborg. The new Bellator Championship. A champion in four different Promotions. Fantastic fighter.

I'm sure she would avenge her defeat to Nunes if Dana wasn't such a wee fud.

Edited by ri Alban

Here's a sport for people who find having just one opponent punching and kicking your head isn't enough!

Edited by fancy a brew

Looks like it's Usman v Masvidal in July. At least we can stop the silliness of discussing Conor fighting either of the above. 😆

Still remains to be seen if Conor takes another fight and then the winner of Khabib v Tony or just sits tight.

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Looks like it's Usman v Masvidal in July. At least we can stop the silliness of discussing Conor fighting either of the above. 😆

Still remains to be seen if Conor takes another fight and then the winner of Khabib v Tony or just sits tight.

Probably get himself ready to take Tony's or Khabib's place, when they inevitably withdraw from the fight.

Probably get himself ready to take Tony's or Khabib's place, when they inevitably withdraw from the fight.

Got a good feeling about this one.

I think Tony is going to knock him out. Against all better judgement i guess. I just think this is Tony time.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He might be right but I think but Feguson and Khabib are horrible match ups for McGregor. 

I think he will fight for the WW title at some point.

Agree with the first sentence but not the second.

He'd be crazy to fight an elite welterweight who will probably stand 20-30lbs heavier than him in the octagon.

He might fight more lightweights at 170 but i don't think he'd be stupid enough to fight an elite WW at their weight.

Unless it was a GSP style superfight for ridiculous money, but even then he'd lose.

26 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Got a good feeling about this one.

I think Tony is going to knock him out. Against all better judgement i guess. I just think this is Tony time.

Tony is too good on his back for Khabib to do his usual boring stuff. But I think he could knock Tony out. I hope Tony wins and then fights Conor, so he can get the Money he deserves.

Nate v Conor 3 probably on the cards for a Conor run at Usman. Masvidal is over rated.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tony is too good on his back for Khabib to do his usual boring stuff. But I think he could knock Tony out. I hope Tony wins and then fights Conor, so he can get the Money he deserves.

Nate v Conor 3 probably on the cards for a Conor run at Usman. Masvidal is over rated.

I'm 99% Conor v Usman will never happen. It would a ridiculous decision on McGregor's part and they're usually pretty careful with the fights they take. Usman is a 200lb tank and AA elite wrestler. There's just no way.

15 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I'm 99% Conor v Usman will never happen. It would a ridiculous decision on McGregor's part and they're usually pretty careful with the fights they take. Usman is a 200lb tank and AA elite wrestler. There's just no way.

All about the Money. Champ, Champ, Champ!

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

All about the Money. Champ, Champ, Champ!

You never know I guess.

I remember when they matched Joanna v Valentina and Borrachinha v Johnny Hendricks. 🤦‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

CM has a massive advantage over every other fighter in the UFC in that he can do what he wants. The normal rules don’t apply to him. 

He wouldn’t actually need to go through elite welterweights to get a title fight. It’s conceivable  he beatS a couple of lightweights (Cerrone and Nate) and could get a title shot off the back of that. 

McGregor won’t look at fighting for 170 as crazy but a chance to create history, cement legacy and prove the fighter he is he already showed a willing to fight wherever. He won’t view taking a title shot as crazy quite the opposite. 

I don’t think he would take Usman on but I don’t think ganebread is the mismatch many think, let’s be honest ganebread fought at LW and whilst undoubtably bigger than Connor he is a fighter who will stand as opposed to a top heavy game where weight so important. Connor gertting a WW who would stand us important I think. I could just see him waiting for a favourable match up to try it.

If Madisbal or even someone like Steven Thomson (who was a title contender not so long ago) aren’t the worst match ups for a CM. I don’t think he would be favourite but he has little to lose at WW. 

If ganebread beat Usman, which I don’t see happening I could easy a tilt at WW title before LW title, 🤷🏻‍♂️

UFC is a sports promotion and does what makes the most money. Sporting intergretity/fairness is most certainly not its primary driver therefore I think people need to view it through that lens. 

I agree that Conor seems to be able to do and get what he wants so you never know.

Masvidal getting back to Lightweight would be like Conor getting back to 145 - not likely. Masvidal has outstanding wrestling and jiu jitsu to fall back on. Demian Maia said he had the best BJJ he'd encountered in his career and he smoked Gunny Nelson. Think he'd be a terrible match up.

26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I didn’t mean Madsival going to LW just stating he was a LE so the size difference isn’t as big. Someone like Usman as you say would be mental size difference. 

Fair enough just see JM standing as opposed to try to take to the ground. That makes its much more likely CM to take/win fight, I think ganebread would believe he could dismantle  on his feet. Not so convinced myself.

Anyway you never know we might get to find out. If nothing else it would be interesting.

I think Masvidal probably has the best boxing in the welterweight division tbh. I think if Usman stands with him, Usman would lose. Pretty sure Usman would drag him down into deep water though and get the decision.

3 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

Score cards were poor. I thought 3-2 to Reyes 

So did I. 4-1 to Jones, one of the judges had.

Samuel Camazzola

Dominant showing from Brook last night. I thought De Luca was going to be out of there sharpish after the early nose break but he looked a tough character. 

Brook looking for a another fight within 12 weeks with Smith desperate for a match up. 

The chat after the fight was interesting with Cruz and Rogan discussing the merits of the wrestling and take downs. But both agreed that that there needs to be a change from using boxing judges to using judges strictly for MMA. 

It was an interesting one. The 3rd round could have gone either way I guess. I probably had it 3-2 Reyes but the last 2 rounds, Reyes did way less than Jones in the first 2. I can accept the decision. Reyes is a tough dude.

The Murphy v Lee decision was the real shocker for me. Thought Lee picked her apart every round and outstruck her massively but somehow didn't get the nod.

I agreed with Lewis v Latifi. Running away from someone and using grappling to nullify the other fighter without doing any damage and barely throwing, should not win fights.

Wilder vs Fury 2

Now 10 days away ..... Bookies barely split them,  watched a couple of youchoob training vids for both of them there.....hoping its a cracker and theres a clear result either way, the first fight draw has left a real unfinished business feel to this one.

Reckon Fury will get robbed again. He will be sharper, fitter and much more focused this time around. He is determined to win the belt but he is fighting in America 

He has been talking about attempting to knock wilder out but we all know that is bull. He will go out to out point him like he did last time and if he doesnt get hit he will. But the judges robbed him last time and what us to say they wont do it again?

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Reckon Fury will get robbed again. He will be sharper, fitter and much more focused this time around. He is determined to win the belt but he is fighting in America 

He has been talking about attempting to knock wilder out but we all know that is bull. He will go out to out point him like he did last time and if he doesnt get hit he will. But the judges robbed him last time and what us to say they wont do it again?

Have you seen his training schedule.........?

https://www.businessinsider.com/tyson-fury-interview-masturbating-seven-times-a-day-wilder-rematch-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

???

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I see the UFC have announced Joanne Cakderwood, from Scotland is getting a title shot in women’s flyweight division, 

Slightly surprised considering she 3-3 in her last 6 fights with a split decision victory and loss in her last 2. Probably more a indicator of the lack of depth in the women’s division. 

My initial reaction was Schevencko will destroy her but the fact that it will be a stand up battle will work massively in her favour, though I still think she will get beat. 

Anyway good luck to her and I hope she manages to win it. 

being fed to the lions here shevchenko is being built up for the big fight with nunes

On 17/02/2020 at 21:05, AlimOzturk said:

Canelo v BJS confirmed

I watched BJS last fight, he was horrific but got the job done eventually. Wouldn't give him a hope in hell against Canelo though. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I watched BJS last fight, he was horrific but got the job done eventually. Wouldn't give him a hope in hell against Canelo though. 

he can rise to the occasion when hes fighting bums he cant get up for it and just does enough to scrape past soon as he fights world champs he schools them its a psychological with billy but judges will rob him against canelo as no chance they are givin a decision against their cash cow

in fairness he had visa and travel problems before his last fight as well which didnt help

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The BJS who fought again Euband Jr gives Canelo major problems. Granteez Canelo is a different class but I also think BJS style could work against Canelo