Boxing and UFC

Masonic

WARNING!!! Rouseys last 4 fights have ended in a combined total of 2 minutes

Up against a boxer. Im predicting she will roll her up and smash her inside a minute much like she did to Zingano

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WARNING!!! Rouseys last 4 fights have ended in a combined total of 2 minutes

probably the same as her last 4 shags!!!

Edited by Jambomuzz

Anyone willing to give HH a chance?

Rogan rates her as the best puncher in the division.

she is a point fighter no power has no chance at all will be over in the first round

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

Anyone willing to give HH a chance?

Rogan rates her as the best puncher in the division.

Rogan is brilliant but he is just selling the fight, I watched UFC in the Shamrock days and got back into when boxing started to die and Rousey is unbeatable. I think the punchers chance thing is more relevant to boxing 

she is a point fighter no power has no chance at all will be over in the first round

Did you see how angry RR got at the weigh in? She was almost crying because she was so pissed off.

I can see why they call this guy Martinez "the gremlin".

Did you see how angry RR got at the weigh in? She was almost crying because she was so pissed off.

I can see why they call this guy Martinez "the gremlin".

ye u know that ring grill was a fan and she just asked dana at the q n a can i be a ring grill dana looked at her chest and said hell yeah someone get her fitted and here she is like 5 hours later lol

ye u know that ring grill was a fan and she just asked dana at the q n a can i be a ring grill dana looked at her chest and said hell yeah someone get her fitted and here she is like 5 hours later lol

Ring grill = the chicks with the epic chebs that hang around the stage and octogon?

The Hippo just got knocked the **** out. The Aussies are not having a great day so far.

How quiet is the crowd by the way? I guess it's only 12.50pm local time.

Ring grill = the chicks with the epic chebs that hang around the stage and octogon?

The Hippo just got knocked the **** out. The Aussies are not having a great day so far.

will be more noise for the main card still filling up and ye about the ring grill also first two favs cashed could be a common theme tonight

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

Sport is their religion so they won't be happy at seeing their guys get beat. They scrapped most of their coverage of London 2012 when their athletes were not winning medals. But when they win a game of cricket they're all smiles again

Edited by Zeefuik the H*bs!!

Generic Username

Interesting stoppage for the Matthews fight.

Think it's that cut above the mouth that's done it and not the one over the eye. In saying that, his eye is goosed!

Generic Username

Touch of the Valuev's about him. Absolute giant who should be dominating folk but slow and clumsy round the ring.

Really poor fight. No wonder the crowd were boo'ing

Mark Hunt beats Bigfoot Silva in about 2 minutes. Punch didn't look like much until i saw the replay. Glance to the temple and the big lad's balance was gone.

Can't get the hype about Rousey.

The number of women taking part in the sport is so low that she appears great by the lack of competition

Sadly any female who looks half decent gets promoted and hyped especially as the UFC were looking for a 'front person' to promote the female side of the sport.  Good luck to her and she is cashing in but it really shows up the gullibility of many of those interested in the sport.

Anyone paying to watch her as a headliner really needs to think hard about just why.

Of course she can fight etc but when there  are only 10 women (if that many) out there it's really not that interesting.

Generic Username

Hahaha. Rousey was blowing out of her arse after about 2 mins. Must be the most unfit world champion in sport (after Gary Anderson).

She ran herself into the ground chasing Holm solidly for 5 minutes in that first round, I've no idea why. She wasn't chasing her to close down the space and land blows, she was literally just running around after her.

Holm picked her off. Numerous hits to the chin in the first round and when Rousey got really desperate in the second she picked her off with that kick to the head.

Excellent fight for Holm. This is the evolution of the sport now. Pulling in fighters of that level, world champions, medal winners. People like that who then add other martial arts and wrestling into their game make the UFC very exciting going forward.

She ran herself into the ground chasing Holm solidly for 5 minutes in that first round, I've no idea why. She wasn't chasing her to close down the space and land blows, she was literally just running around after her.

Holm picked her off. Numerous hits to the chin in the first round and when Rousey got really desperate in the second she picked her off with that kick to the head.

Excellent fight for Holm. This is the evolution of the sport now. Pulling in fighters of that level, world champions, medal winners. People like that who then add other martial arts and wrestling into their game make the UFC very exciting going forward.

Reminded me of the gladiator sketch from Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Well that was a shock.

I'd never seen HH before so I didn't know what to expect. 

She measured all of her punches perfectly and RR went charging around like an enraged bull.

I guess you just can't go sprinting around and launching into every attack like a nutter against a world class boxer.

Can't get the hype about Rousey.

The number of women taking part in the sport is so low that she appears great by the lack of competition

Sadly any female who looks half decent gets promoted and hyped especially as the UFC were looking for a 'front person' to promote the female side of the sport.  Good luck to her and she is cashing in but it really shows up the gullibility of many of those interested in the sport.

Anyone paying to watch her as a headliner really needs to think hard about just why.

Of course she can fight etc but when there  are only 10 women (if that many) out there it's really not that interesting.

Not convinced.

It's easy to post comments like this after the biggest shock in the history of the sport.

Did you say the same on this thread beforehand? If you did. I'll believe you then. 

There are only 2 weight categories for women and UFC has about 30 fighters contracted at each weight. Not sure where you get the idea that there are only 10 female fighters from.

Practically every fan of martial arts on the planet and most UFC fighters of both genders rate her as a champion but apparently you knew better all along. Sorry but I don't believe you.

She was absolutely shown up tonight. Completely believed her own hype and legend by the looks of things and tried to go toe to toe with a world class boxer. She's never been much of a boxer and her ego did her a huge disservice. If she'd taken her down and wrestled with her, she'd maybe have won. She'd certainly not have been comprehensively battered like she was tonight. 

I've no doubt that there will be a rematch and maybe she'll show some restraint and intelligence. If she does, and fights to her strengths, she'll be champion again.

Ronda got knocked the **** out.

Fighter beats movie star.Been a great fighterand great for the UFC but everything else has taken its toll i think.Well done Holm crazy thing is i have never been that impressed by her before but what a ko.

Edited by vegas-voss

Not convinced.

It's easy to post comments like this after the biggest shock in the history of the sport.

Did you say the same on this thread beforehand? If you did. I'll believe you then.

There are only 2 weight categories for women and UFC has about 30 fighters contracted at each weight. Not sure where you get the idea that there are only 10 female fighters from.

Practically every fan of martial arts on the planet and most UFC fighters of both genders rate her as a champion but apparently you knew better all along. Sorry but I don't believe you.

She was absolutely shown up tonight. Completely believed her own hype and legend by the looks of things and tried to go toe to toe with a world class boxer. She's never been much of a boxer and her ego did her a huge disservice. If she'd taken her down and wrestled with her, she'd maybe have won. She'd certainly not have been comprehensively battered like she was tonight.

I've no doubt that there will be a rematch and maybe she'll show some restraint and intelligence. If she does, and fights to her strengths, she'll be champion again.

She did take her down.I think Holm was just the bigger stronger more intelligent fighter.

Well that was a shock.

I'd never seen HH before so I didn't know what to expect.

She measured all of her punches perfectly and RR went charging around like an enraged bull.

I guess you just can't go sprinting around and launching into every attack like a nutter against a world class boxer.

Fight reminded me of the Verdum v Velasquez heavyweight title fight.Cain was totally reckless and Verdum was calm and picked him off.Rousey went in the same stupid way.

She did take her down.I think Holm was just the bigger stronger more intelligent fighter.

One half-hearted attempt.

She tried to stand up with her mostly.

Fight reminded me of the Verdum v Velasquez heavyweight title fight.Cain was totally reckless and Verdum was calm and picked him off.Rousey went in the same stupid way.

I like Verdum as well but he was like a dumb raging bull in that fight.

Just like Ronda actually.

Generic Username

Ronda was like Correia in that fight. Got herself all whipped into a frenzy in the 24 hours before the fight and paid the price for not having her mind focused on the fight.

Would have been pointless to spend all her time in her camp working on hand speed, you just can't learn to live with a world champion boxer in a few months. Despite Holm having had a 100% take-down defence going into the fight, working on wrestling and shooting for her legs for the take-down would have been more effective than trying to go toe to toe with her/giving her enough distance to pick her shots.

She was just too erratic last night. The one time she got her to the ground was a bit of a struggle and she didn't work to go for the arm, she just shot her bolt right away and tried to grab it making it easy for Holm to defend. Throw in the fact she'd hardly landed any shots or worn down Holm, she had energy in abundance to roll on the ground with her at that point.

Everything from Rousey was disappointing for me. Holm, it was like a master class. If she'd been a bit more ruthless she could have had her gone inside the first round.

Ronda was like Correia in that fight. Got herself all whipped into a frenzy in the 24 hours before the fight and paid the price for not having her mind focused on the fight.

Would have been pointless to spend all her time in her camp working on hand speed, you just can't learn to live with a world champion boxer in a few months. Despite Holm having had a 100% take-down defence going into the fight, working on wrestling and shooting for her legs for the take-down would have been more effective than trying to go toe to toe with her/giving her enough distance to pick her shots.

She was just too erratic last night. The one time she got her to the ground was a bit of a struggle and she didn't work to go for the arm, she just shot her bolt right away and tried to grab it making it easy for Holm to defend. Throw in the fact she'd hardly landed any shots or worn down Holm, she had energy in abundance to roll on the ground with her at that point.

Everything from Rousey was disappointing for me. Holm, it was like a master class. If she'd been a bit more ruthless she could have had her gone inside the first round.

Holms is a counter fighter as well.I have watched her previous fights and they have been so boring like she did not know what to do.Ronda played right into her hands in this one also it helps that Holm has the two best coaches in the world in Jackson and Winkeljohn.

Now they should give Tate her shot at Holm think that would be a very interesting fight and a good match up.They wont though it will be a huge payday rematch.

Holms is a counter fighter as well.I have watched her previous fights and they have been so boring like she did not know what to do.Ronda played right into her hands in this one also it helps that Holm has the two best coaches in the world in Jackson and Winkeljohn.

Now they should give Tate her shot at Holm think that would be a very interesting fight and a good match up.They wont though it will be a huge payday rematch.

Ronda surely deserves a rematch. That'll probably be Feb 2016 I'd imagine.

Ronda surely deserves a rematch. That'll probably be Feb 2016 I'd imagine.

Yesshe does but it does not have to be immediate.That was not a close fight but then again i willgo backto Cain Valezquez and he got knocked the **** by Dos Santos then came back in the rematch and fought the perfect fight to beat Dos Santos so you never know.I just think huge holes were badly exposed in Ronda in that Holm fight that she wont put right in a few months.

And Dana has already confirmed it will be a straight rematch.Looking at the fight this morning no wonder Ronda never wanted to go near Cyborg.I think Ronda might just quit for Hollywood full time sooner rather than later now that her aura has been burst.

Edited by vegas-voss

Another big implication of this fight is where does it leave the womens divisions without its poster girl as champ.Nobody will draw the crowds she done.

Yesshe does but it does not have to be immediate.That was not a close fight but then again i willgo backto Cain Valezquez and he got knocked the **** by Dos Santos then came back in the rematch and fought the perfect fight to beat Dos Santos so you never know.I just think huge holes were badly exposed in Ronda in that Holm fight that she wont put right in a few months.

I think if RR plays to her strengths she'll beat her.

If she goes steaming in like a nutter again, the same thing will happen.

Any idea why RR got so emotional and angry before the fight? HH seemed to be genuinely respectful and full of praise for RR up until that weird little incident at the weigh in. RR was so angry she was crying. Is that the only reason she got so enraged?

Generic Username

Yup, the coaches in her corner are excellent. It'll pain a lot of people to heap praise on her but really, she got HR whole thing spot on from start to finish.

Could be the shot in the arm this division needs. Or it'll just become completely consumed by those two and a rematch.

Yup, the coaches in her corner are excellent. It'll pain a lot of people to heap praise on her but really, she got HR whole thing spot on from start to finish.

Could be the shot in the arm this division needs. Or it'll just become completely consumed by those two and a rematch.

Cyborg has one more fight in Invicta(Ufc own that anyway)where she is going to be fighting at 140 instead of 145 so then if she can prove she can get down to 135 she will be moving to the UFC.

I think if RR plays to her strengths she'll beat her.

If she goes steaming in like a nutter again, the same thing will happen.

Any idea why RR got so emotional and angry before the fight? HH seemed to be genuinely respectful and full of praise for RR up until that weird little incident at the weigh in. RR was so angry she was crying. Is that the only reason she got so enraged?

She posted this on the 13th dont know what it means.Ronda despite being Dana's golden girl is not liked by other fighters at all.

https://instagram.com/p/-DMAcAhESQ/

Edited by vegas-voss

Generic Username

Cyborg has one more fight in Invicta(Ufc own that anyway)where she is going to be fighting at 140 instead of 145 so then if she can prove she can get down to 135 she will be moving to the UFC.

Someone made the point on Joe Rogan's podcast that if she's serious about fighting people like Rousey then she'll make the weight. Look at the girl who fought in the co main event. She came down from 135 to move into that straw weight division. Would be great of she did it, especially if, like you say, Rousey does a bunk to Hollywood.

Someone made the point on Joe Rogan's podcast that if she's serious about fighting people like Rousey then she'll make the weight. Look at the girl who fought in the co main event. She came down from 135 to move into that straw weight division. Would be great of she did it, especially if, like you say, Rousey does a bunk to Hollywood.

She holds all the cards now UFC needs her the fans want her and Dana has most probably lost his golden girl.Even if she wins the rematch with Holm i think she will bow out leaving Cyborg to come in as the star but the casual interest watchers wont take to that monster how they took to Ronda leaving womens mma at a crossroads.

The lower weight womens division is far the more interesting anyway.

Edited by vegas-voss