Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Machida is finished at the elite level he just can't handle these guys power anymore.As soon as it goes to the floor he is finished.

Nice roundhouse kick finish by Santos in his fight though.Overall poor card though imo.

Only two week to Aldo(or Mendes if Aldo does not make it) v Connor and Lawler v MacDonald.Then next again week Ufc Glasgow can't wait.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Machida is finished at the elite level he just can't handle these guys power anymore.As soon as it goes to the floor he is finished.

Nice roundhouse kick finish by Santos in his fight though.Overall poor card though imo.

Only two week to Aldo(or Mendes if Aldo does not make it) v Connor and Lawler v MacDonald.Then next again week Ufc Glasgow can't wait.

aye apart from the couple kos nothin too spectacular the timothy bradley fight was controversial if anyone seen it lol the ref stopped the fight 10 seconds early when bradley was about to be KO after wooping vargas for almost the whole fight the ref thought the 10 second warning was the bell for end of the fight

jambo-fletch

Was at an MMA event in Milton keynes Saturday watching a friend fight. Met Dan Hardy there, he like a really down to earth guy!

i have a spare ticket for the UFC Glasgow if anyone interested.  Selling it at face value.   Cant wait for the event, should be good :D

i have a spare ticket for the UFC Glasgow if anyone interested.  Selling it at face value.   Cant wait for the event, should be good :D

im still waiting on mine arriving waiting another week before phoning ticketmaster i paid insurance anyways so they will have to post out new ones if the originals dont arrive

vegas-voss

Well aldo is out so mcgregor v mendes.

I suspect mendes will try to take him down at every opportunity. I hope mcgregor sparks him out cold.

Then we get mcgregor v also.

That him def out heard it was only slight bruising to the rib on Saturday.Still think it will be a very tough fight with Mini Mendes(as Connor calls him) though.

vegas-voss

mendes has better chance than aldo tbh but still think conor wins by stoppage

I always have my doubts before people have been taken deep in fights.Sure Connor has looked impressive but until he has really been tested I will always have doubts.

I always have my doubts before people have been taken deep in fights.Sure Connor has looked impressive but until he has really been tested I will always have doubts.

having looked at recent champs hardly any of them have defended it more than 5 times even if conor wins title i doubt he will run the division for a decade or something like what some of the fans who have bought into the hype might think all it takes is one submission or clean strike and the fights over at the top level some rookie fans forget that

vegas-voss

having looked at recent champs hardly any of them have defended it more than 5 times even if conor wins title i doubt he will run the division for a decade or something like what some of the fans who have bought into the hype might think all it takes is one submission or clean strike and the fights over at the top level some rookie fans forget that

That's another thing with him he leaves his chin out there too be hit.Yes he has looked elusive but as you said it only takes that one hit and Mendes can bang but of course so can Connor.Really looking forward to this match up.a one thing I def think even if the injury is really bad for Aldo,Conner def got into that guys mind. Edited by vegas-voss

weigh ins live on bt first time ever normal i watch on utube so will be nice to watch on tv "clean off at the head" "GOAT" "macmansion"

mini mendes knows mcgregoat wins by KO early doors

Connor looks like he has to starve himself to make weight his face is so gaunt.Mendes looks like he just walks around at that weight.

The biggest weigh-in ufc history. So big having in the arena as opposed to function room,

Numbers are through the roof already for this.

The ufc must be desperate for mcgregor win. He is a huge cash cow particularly when you consider, historically lower weight classes struggle for numbers in past.

He also allegedly want to bet his PPV cut on his victory with ufc.

Read the other week that despite being ranked the pound for pound best that Aldo is the poorest drawing Champion in Ufc history.So yeah Dana must be desperate for Connor to win but even Mendes would sell far more than Aldo.

Yeah I agree. A lot more than starving himself, he will, have have dehydrated amongst a few other things. Crazy what put body through.

Will be interesting to see if advantage for either one.

McGregor will be massive tomorrow in comparison. Wouldn't surprise me if had 20lbs by time step in tomorrow.

Did the crowd through something at mendes?

Also I suspect mcgrego right won't/can't hang about that weight much longer. I think if gets belt he probably fights Aldo next and if wins both. Will vacate belt and jump straight in for a tune up fight at lw and then title. Obviously based on principal he wins his fights.

Lawler v macdonald should be a good match up as well. Though can't see past macdonald as think he will be more aggressive than first time met.

Rory always looks a complete psycho to me.If he wasn't doing mmma he would be chopping folk up and storing them in the fridge.

conors face was grey and sucked in at the cheeks like a jakeball that weight cut looks like it took its toll on him interesting he came in at 145 he could have came in at 146

conors face was grey and sucked in at the cheeks like a jakeball that weight cut looks like it took its toll on him interesting he came in at 145 he could have came in at 146

Heard on Joe Rogan podcast that they need to actually come in on weight now.

Conor looks emaciated.  He'll be properly hydrated and weight heavier tomorrow though. He's going to destroy Mendes I think.

Would love to know what Conor weighs on fight night.

Reckon he belongs at 155 in the not too distant future.

Tonight is undoubtedly his toughest fight to date. Can't wait. Really hope he gets the victory in style.

Generic Username

BT Sport. Will be fairly late in the morning by the time the McGregor fight is on. I'll be getting up around 2am.

Would love to know what Conor weighs on fight night.

Reckon he belongs at 155 in the not too distant future.

Tonight is undoubtedly his toughest fight to date. Can't wait. Really hope he gets the victory in style.

Think he has said himself he wants to clear out the division and then move up.

nice ko if the ref was on otherside of octagon he might have got up in time since it was a flash knockout but ref was right there and done his job

Generic Username

Great first fight. If Pickett had been a few years younger he'd have punished Almedia the two times he went to the floor.

Generic Username

Great fight. Real slow burner. I had it as a tie going into the last round. MacDonald's nose must be at the back of his skull after all those hits.

Generic Username

Mendes took him down 3 times, the last take down he had him mounted for over two minutes and smashed McGregor with elbows and punches. I'm still not sure how on earth he got straight back up from it and went straight after Mendes.

He is absolutely the real deal. No wonder Aldo shat it.

A great UFC. Best one I've seen in a long time.

I've only watched a few UFC events from start to finish but that was the best by miles.

I thought Bermudez v Stephens was awesome.

Part of me feels bad about being entertained by this sport when I see the amount of blood on the canvas during the main event. 

Been watching UFC for about 15 years and I think that is the best main card I have ever seen.Every fight was fantastic.Well done Connor I thought his cockiness was going to beat him but his power at this weight is just too much for guys.Oh and that knee from Stephens just wow.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Been watching UFC for about 15 years and I think that is the best main card I have ever seen.Every fight was fantastic.Well done Connor I thought his cockiness was going to beat him but his power at this weight is just too much for guys.Oh and that knee from Stephens just wow.

That knee was vicious.

Really enjoyed the show. McGregor is the real deal. Him and Aldo has to be made again.

Went to bed at a sensible time and got up at 7am and watched it. Auld, sad *******. :lol:

As Conor said, Mendes too one dimensional. Needs to be able to do more than wrestle.

Great KO. Could see Mendes was basically gone about 6 punches prior.

Went to bed at a sensible time and got up at 7am and watched it. Auld, sad *******. :lol:

As Conor said, Mendes too one dimensional. Needs to be able to do more than wrestle.

Great KO. Could see Mendes was basically gone about 6 punches prior.

The kicks to the stomach were what really took there toll imo.You could see even from early in the first round how much they were taken out of Mendes.You can also say Chad was one dimensional but if he just stuck to that he would have won that fight.Take him down ground and pound rinse and repeat as he was taking Connor down at will but made a fatal mistake and was serverly punished.I also think he could have seen out the round but the ref doesn't have any idea there are 3 secs left so it was a fair stoppage.Sounds like I am being down on Connor but I am not really, just calling the fight as I seen it but one thing for sure if they ever fight again Connor would do him again and probably a lot more comfy as well.

Yeah agree with that. The kicks to the body early on clearly affected Mendes. Looked like he was struggling to breathe after them.

Yep, had Chad just stayed on top and not went for the submission he would have seen out round 2 and been leading the fight.

I don't think he could have done that for 5 rounds though. I reckon tiredness would have prevented the success of taking Conor down and perhaps the KO would have came later on. Who knows.

Aldo McGregor next. Followed by Conor moving to 155?

Dana shot down suggestions of McGregor v Edgar. Said it makes no sense.

Edited by Sten Guns

Yeah agree with that. The kicks to the body early on clearly affected Mendes. Looked like he was struggling to breathe after them.

Yep, had Chad just stayed on top and not went for the submission he would have seen out round 2 and been leading the fight.

I don't think he could have done that for 5 rounds though. I reckon tiredness would have prevented the success of taking Conor down and perhaps the KO would have came later on. Who knows.

Aldo McGregor next. Followed by Conor moving to 155?

Dana shot down suggestions of McGregor v Edgar. Said it makes no sense.

Would also be a great fight as Frankie is one tough mother ****er but the only fight out there now is against Aldo.I think Aldo has already lost that fight though as Connor has just seriously gotten into that dudes head.If Connor and Frankie did fight though it would be a game as **** Frankie taken too much damage.Connor is too big for this division imo.

in terms of money bet on the fight it was the biggest in ufc history only jones cormier and sonnen silva came close about 8% of the amount bet on floyd pac which is huge for ufc

great to see casual fans getting on the bandwagon should be good in the long term also the production yesterday was sick the screen on the octagon mat was unreal

Connor also has a great chin as Mendes hits hard.

aye first round i thought he was in danger some of 2nd round too did u know ufc is live again tonight on bt lmao then live again on wednesday then on sat its ufc glasgow pretty sick 4 cards in 7 days 

Jambo Hud316

Got tickets for the glasgow event on Saturday, also heading through on the Friday for the weigh ins and Q&A with Cub Swanson, Clay Guida and Joanna Je (JJ the champ :)

Wonder if theres a very slight possibility of Conor showing up to support Paddy Holohan in his fight...you never know

Shame Bec Rawlings pulled out her fight, was not a fan of hers and wanted to see her get smashed

Either way with this being the UFC first visit to Scotland Im hoping the crowd are up for it and make more noise than the Irish