• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some great fights on tonight spread across 3 channels though will be fun clicking back and forth hoping to not miss the knock out :D

Who's fighting and on what channels?

one time keith thurman by KO free money

looking forward to the birds fighting in the ufc too

sky and boxnation at 02.00 for boxing

bt at 01.00 for ufc prelims

Working tonight got both on Sky plus though,it's a rare thing having such a good boxing card not on ppv.

UFC well it's just a fight night card, looking forward to January for the Jones v Cormier match though and UFC 181 just passed was really good.

Edited by vegas-voss

I used to be a big Khan fan and am now somewhat indifferent to him but hope and think he will win tonight. Can only be good for British boxing and getting more interest in the sport if he gets a fight with Mayweather. Miss the excitement around the country before Hatton fought him and wish we saw more of that over here.

The British public love an underdog. That's why Hatton was so well supported. He was one of us who couldn't wait for the fight to be done so he could get to the pub for a pint and a kebab. His style was barnstorming and riddled with errors which was effortlessly entertaining. It's why I get pretty peeved off that Froch never got the same recognition. He's been in arguably more top level fights than Hatton and his style is equally as enjoyable to watch to even a neutral. It was only really with the Groves rivalry that people paid attention and that was a crying shame to one of our top sportsmen.

Khan is the exact opposite I guess. He had all the gifts in the world and lived the life but truth be told he probably falls down on a combination of poor match making earlier in his career and arrogance above his station. He never has been and never will be as good as he thinks he is but he's also never been as bad as the general British public's perception of him. I think it goes back to his fight against Limond where he really faded badly. After that I felt that there was a general will around the country for him to be knocked out which obviously he was spectacularly shortly after. Even after the Maidana fight, which should have put the "glass chin" thing to bed forever, he still hasn't achieved the support of the country. Where he lives as you say probably doesn't help. 

I hope you're right about Joshua but we shall see. Part of me worries that with the step up in class and the need to be more intelligent we could see people turn on him. I don't want to see him rushed by any measure but I do think that this procession that's taking place just now could come back to haunt him in the public's eyes in the future. Normally these fights are played out away from the TV cameras but in Joshua's case part of me thinks as soon as he doesn't steam roller someone we could hear stuff like "he's over-rated and only got anywhere by fighting bums". I hope i'm wrong though as physically, technically and as a personality he has all the gifts to go on and be a world champion.

Kevin Johnson will be a perfect step up. A chance to watch how he treats 12 rounds. If he gets him out before that then we can start getting really excited.

I also can't wait for this fight, the hype video cracks me up when someone points out its still being recorded.

I think Jones will win he uses his reach incredibly well and is a evil mofo at heart. Though Cormier has amazing wrestling and heavy hands could see him being tapped.

Seems to be a genuine hatred between the two much more than usual hype a fight type thing.

Cerrone v jury should be a excellent fight as well.

Cerrone fights are usually always great

Kevin Johnson will be a perfect step up. A chance to watch how he treats 12 rounds. If he gets him out before that then we can start getting really excited.

Indeed, chin that has stood the test against Klitchko and never knocked out, if Joshua lays him out then I can see him take on Fury by the end of next year and then be in about the contender spots

Edited by Ribble

Looking forward to the Khan fight, no doubt it will be a 5am job, though, and I'm toiling already.

same here but will push through like a champ :D

The italian boy in the 1st fight of the night looked like they had grabbed some guy thats been in the hotel bar all afternoon, disgraceful matchup imho.

If Charlo's camp are looking for a world title shot he'll need to beat guys far far better than that.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Khan is now a proper boxer. Lightning quick and can now block a shot too. Not too many fighters would want to box him nowadays.

Very impresssed.

Best I have ever seen Khan,so disciplined and a total boxing master class against a very good fighter.

That Mares v Ramirez fight was something else though can't believe how game that Ramirez was.

The UFC always glad to see one of the Diaz brothers get a beating and what a state his leg was in.The heavyweights no real skill just a total slug fest and what a state the two of them were in at the end but I thought Miocic just deserved it although Dos Santos got the decision.

I don't think either Diaz particulary Nate are nearly as good as they think they are.

Dos anjos destroyed him. Believe he's next up for pettis as numergov (awfful attempt spelling his name) a shame as I want see pettis v numergov he is an absolute beast and pertis struggled with those with a strong grappling game.

Don't know about struggling with the grappling game as he was brilliant the way he won his last fight against Melendez.Really like Pettis as for the Diaz brothers I totally agree Nate is really poor imo and I have never seen Nick(he doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as Silva)have a decent fight both are just so limited. Edited by vegas-voss

Watching the replay of the UFC 168 December 2013.. did anyone see the leg break of Anderson Silva.. it was horrible to watch in slow motion.. leg just broke in 2 and the bottom of his leg looked like it was simply hanging on.

Think he is due back Feb 2015

The UFC 184 later in Feb 2015 seems to be shaping up to a great card but of course it's PPV I believe

Still can't quite work out the Fox fights, the UFC Fight nights and the UFC nights and what they mean

Watching the replay of the UFC 168 December 2013.. did anyone see the leg break of Anderson Silva.. it was horrible to watch in slow motion.. leg just broke in 2 and the bottom of his leg looked like it was simply hanging on.

Think he is due back Feb 2015

The UFC 184 later in Feb 2015 seems to be shaping up to a great card but of course it's PPV I believe

Still can't quite work out the Fox fights, the UFC Fight nights and the UFC nights and what they mean

It's not ppv if you have Bt Sport.Also the other fight nights are just well other fight nights with usually lower ranked fighters and not as big a card although I think as part of the Fox contract they do get at least one card that has a title up for grabs.

i seen the leg break live and i didnt want to look at the replay seen it a couple times since its a dull yin hope when he fights diaz he can get the win and get back on track

barao, magomedov, silva, cummins, elkins and more! full schedule is here http://uk.ufc.com/

That is a good card,will be interesting to see how Barao is after his defeat and then failing a weigh in for the rematch and lower down the card Erik Silva fights are always great to watch despite him taking a few thumpings of late he is still game as **** and all action until he gets taken out(to be honest I think he would be better at a lighter weight)

That is a good card,will be interesting to see how Barao is after his defeat and then failing a weigh in for the rematch and lower down the card Erik Silva fights are always great to watch despite him taking a few thumpings of late he is still game as **** and all action until he gets taken out(to be honest I think he would be better at a lighter weight)

yeah barao is really short odds same with machida both should win but scary at those prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking forward to this for ages,the Cowboy vs Fury fight should also be great.Going to head to bed though and just do what I usually do and watch it in the morning.

Jambo Hud316

SPOILER BELOW

Not sure how to use that spoiler thing where it hides your post unless you click on it so have scrolled further down to post my comment

Only watched the main card fights but thought it was an average card

Lombard was disappointing I thought

Cerrone dominated and the final kicks on Jury where a statement on behalf of his training partner Sanchez

Jones v Cormier was decent but expected a bit more from DC

Would love to see Jones get beaten but seriously can't see anyone close to him at the moment - Gustafsson took him to a close decision but I think Rumble Johnson could Knock him out and if Gustafsson does win and gets another fight because the 1st fight was close I reckon Jones will step it up a gear.

Next 2 cards should be immense, Connor McGregor (love him or hate him) you want to watch him and then the one I am waiting for Anderson Silva v Nick Diaz

Will be cheering on McGregor and Diaz

Jones is just too tall and too strong,he really does have it all and the heart to go with it.Surely it has to be him and Gustafson next as its only him that has come close to beating him.

Cowboy was very dominant against Jury and must be getting close to a title fight.

SPOILER BELOW

Not sure how to use that spoiler thing where it hides your post unless you click on it so have scrolled further down to post my comment

Only watched the main card fights but thought it was an average card

Lombard was disappointing I thought

Cerrone dominated and the final kicks on Jury where a statement on behalf of his training partner Sanchez

Jones v Cormier was decent but expected a bit more from DC

Would love to see Jones get beaten but seriously can't see anyone close to him at the moment - Gustafsson took him to a close decision but I think Rumble Johnson could Knock him out and if Gustafsson does win and gets another fight because the 1st fight was close I reckon Jones will step it up a gear.

Next 2 cards should be immense, Connor McGregor (love him or hate him) you want to watch him and then the one I am waiting for Anderson Silva v Nick Diaz

Will be cheering on McGregor and Diaz

I don't know how anybody could cheer on Diaz the only bigger prick in the UFC is his little brother.

• 3 weeks later...

An event I would like to go to however the prices they charge are astronomical so it'll be the telly or me.

Is it that dear for an 8 fight card ?

Always wanted to go but it's never been on in Vegas when I have been so I will be trying for tickets for this.Already booked a hotel for the night.

Can't see any other result than silva destroying Diaz. Think it might be similar to the silva v Forrest fight.

Was looking forward to the woodley v gatulsem fight but gatulsem missed weight by 10lbs which is massive so suggest something up there.

Watched the build up special and his training regime to get fit was something else.Think he was back walking on that leg in two weeks and kicking football's with it after six.

Post contains spoiler to ufc 183

I've just watched the main card. Some good fights but I thought the main event was awful.

I don't find Diaz antics particularly funny or whatever, if I wanted to watch stupid antics in the ring I'd watch the wwe.

Was disappointed with silva at no point did he look to attempt to finish that fight to me. This was a guy who took lhw out with ease, didn't even try to take a natural lw out,

Maybe I'm expecting too much after his injury and lay off. However, whilst I think he could perform way above what he showed to night I think he may be done with fighting. I wonder if tonight was really about making sure the end wasn't leaving on the stretcher with the broken leg.

As an aside I get its Diaz sticht but if he's disillusional to think he won that fight, never mind all five rounds.

Anyway will be interesting to see if we see either fight in the ufc again.

Also what's people's opinion on Connor mcgregor. I can't lie I do like him, mainly because unlike Diaz or a sonnen he backs the trash talk up. Whilst he looks like a natural born finisher. I do think he has a good chance to beat aldo. As Aldo is a fighter who will want to stand with him.

Not many stop Diaz. The fight was pretty much a copy of the GSP v Diaz fight. Anderson showed his leg and chin are fine. He was never in trouble, good solid comeback nothing spectacular, but he has had a few fights that were snorefests.

Conor McGregor is pure entertainment, great interviews, flash exciting fighting style. He has got everyone interested in a weight no one was talking about. Hope he does Aldo