• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlphonseCapone

• William H. Bonney

• Stuart McNeill

• Ryan Jarman

I can do any night after 9 or Wednesday/Friday after 7. Sighthill would be my preference.

Edited by Normthebarman

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

Chaps

the_jailer

jambogaz1968

Scotland

Stuart McNeill

Edited by Ryan Jarman

Just mentioned to Bursd that I had put my name down for this. Her response: 'Make it Wednesday so I can watch Bake Off in peace' :lol:

Stuart McNeill

I'm up for a game this week or next.

As someone said earlier in the thread we should maybe get a group chat going so it's easier to arrange games.

Spot on, would be 100% easier.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Suggestion fellas.

Have a look into signing up to play in the Edinburgh Futsal league on a Wednesday night at Orium Heriot Watt. Twitter is @SFL_Edinburgh.

A version of indoor 5s that is closer to 11 aside. Fantastic game to play,a good workout. There is rolling subs and you need them.

If you have around 10-12 in your squad you know you'll still be able to have a game on the weeks there's only say 8 of you.

?95 league entry and then ?35 per match.

Suggestion fellas.

Have a look into signing up to play in the Edinburgh Futsal league on a Wednesday night at Orium Heriot Watt. Twitter is @SFL_Edinburgh.

A version of indoor 5s that is closer to 11 aside. Fantastic game to play,a good workout. There is rolling subs and you need them.

If you have around 10-12 in your squad you know you'll still be able to have a game on the weeks there's only say 8 of you.

?95 league entry and then ?35 per match.

The issue with that is it's a league. Which means you're going to end up playing folk who take it a lot more seriously than we probably would. I don't know about anyone else but all I'm looking for is a way to improve my fitness whilst having a laugh. Getting pumped by a bunch of guys who treat a kick-about like the World Cup Final would probably take that fun element out for me.

William H. Bonney

The issue with that is it's a league. Which means you're going to end up playing folk who take it a lot more seriously than we probably would. I don't know about anyone else but all I'm looking for is a way to improve my fitness whilst having a laugh. Getting pumped by a bunch of guys who treat a kick-about like the World Cup Final would probably take that fun element out for me.

We are average joes in dodgeball.

AlphonseCapone

Bump.

All went a bit quiet on getting a game sorted.

We able to start a group chat on here via pm?

I had a look, think it is up to a maximum of 5.

Maybe worth sending couple of pms for mobile numbers and starting whatsapp group (If everyone uses it...)

AlphonseCapone

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

Chaps

the_jailer

jambogaz1968

Scotland

Stuart McNeill

Tevo

So looks like a list of 13, sorry if any names are missing, feel free to add in.

A whatsapp group might easier since PM chat here only allows 5. Folk can PM me their mobile numbers and I can set up a group?

If you don't have whatsapp then still PM me and we can figure something.

AlphonseCapone

Cheers to those who've had a chance to PM. Got 5 numbers including myself just now. Hopefully a few more when folk get off work.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Wasn't on the list but will pm you- not sure when I'd be able to play or if I'll even survive the first week but add me to list

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

Chaps

the_jailer

jambogaz1968

Scotland

Stuart McNeill

Tevo

Thehibsareintheirbeds

AlphonseCapone

Still needing at least one player to get us going next week.

I've 10 numbers (including myself) but 1 person can't play for a couple of weeks.

Still quite a few on the list no replied yet.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I would be up for it but never added my name to the list since I've just had my ACL operated on last month so realistically couldn't play for at least 6-9 months.

Obviously doesn't help anyone in the short term but if you can get a regular game going then I'd be happy enough to go on a "backup" list if people can't make it in the future or whatever. Plus I won't have played in well over a year then so I'll make everyone else look good ;)

AlphonseCapone

Right lads, got enough numbers for a game next week with the looks of it. I'll get the group chat set up tomorrow.

To those who have said they don't whatsapp, I'll text you.

Stuart McNeill

Right lads, got enough numbers for a game next week with the looks of it. I'll get the group chat set up tomorrow.

To those who have said they don't whatsapp, I'll text you.

Does WhatsApp cost me?

Also, what's all this shit regarding privacy with it?

AlphonseCapone

Does WhatsApp cost me?

Also, what's all this shit regarding privacy with it?

It's free.

Not sure? It uses end-to-end encyrption and is probably one of the most secure messaging services you can use. David Cameron complained about it a few years back for this reason.

Just seen this thread. I'm pretty game also.

Living near Crewe Toll and don't drive though so times need to work for me. Latest I work is 6.30 and I have every 2nd Wednesday off but I usually have my wee one that night.

The thigh chaffing is real right now.

:muggy:

Promised I'd take the kids to the zoo the morn. Those hills.

:sob:

Edited by Ryan Jarman

The thigh chaffing is real right now.

:muggy:

Promised I'd take the kids to the zoo the morn. Those hills.

:sob:

I think my legs stiffened up before I even got to the bus home. They're aching now after a bath and I'm terrified of what it's going to feel like tomorrow.

With a bit of luck, the pain will be gone by next week when I can punish myself all over again. On the bright side, I didn't spew my ring. Genuinely thought I was going to a couple of times.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Cheers all, was pretty hard going but enjoyable despite the last 20 mins being a total write off (the first 50 weren't much better).

Hopefully something we can keep going in some way

HAHA! Well done you guys for getting this up and running, I play every Tuesday at Sighthill so will look out for the pitch where all the cardiac arrests are happening. Fives is a great way to get some exercise, we've been playing at the pitz since it opened (over 15 years ago I think) and still get 10 players every week.

Word of warning though, it never gets any easier ;)

I can play tonight (have dropped Alphonse a PM) but will need to know for sure if I'm needed in the next couple of hours. 

We managed to get 10. Might want to ask to get added to the whatsapp group for future in case you fancy a game :thumbsup: 

Edited by Ryan Jarman

We managed to get 10. Might want to ask to get added to the whatsapp group for future in case you fancy a game :thumbsup:

Good stuff cheers! I've given him my number so hopefully I'll get involved at some point, off on holiday for the next 3 weeks though so might be a wee while yet.