Fives for fitness and fun

Norm

itsnomarooned

As mentioned in a couple of posts I organise a game of 6-a-side (5s if numbers are low) on a Thursday night, 7:30 at Sighthill Powerleague. Happy to accommodate anyone interested in the playing pool - PM me if you fancy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlphonseCapone

• William H. Bonney

• Stuart McNeill

• Ryan Jarman

Stuart McNeill

marooned, I'll give you a PM over the next two weeks, as I'd like to play but I think I'll need new boots and Need to wait on college paying me to get some.

When it comes to numbers, are you usually filled every week?

itsnomarooned

marooned, I'll give you a PM over the next two weeks, as I'd like to play but I think I'll need new boots and Need to wait on college paying me to get some.

When it comes to numbers, are you usually filled every week?

Had a bad spell over the summer where we had low numbers but have a healthy squad of potential players at the moment. The more the merrier really as there's always reasons folk can't play (work, injury, family etc.) so the bigger the pool the less chance of no game.

As mentioned in a couple of posts I organise a game of 6-a-side (5s if numbers are low) on a Thursday night, 7:30 at Sighthill Powerleague. Happy to accommodate anyone interested in the playing pool - PM me if you fancy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers, not sure if that was a reply to me or just a general bump, but he doesn't finish work till 2000 on a Thursday so that's no use.

• 1 year later...

I left a regular game of 7s last year because people were taking it too seriously, I don't mind a bit of competitiveness but you shouldn't have to feel like you've let the country down for a slack pass or 12 having a kick about. I played with a lot of guys who played Sunday league so treated our kick about as warm up games, really annoying. Might be interested in coming out of retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William H. Bonney

I left a regular game of 7s last year because people were taking it too seriously, I don't mind a bit of competitiveness but you shouldn't have to feel like you've let the country down for a slack pass or 12 having a kick about. I played with a lot of guys who played Sunday league so treated our kick about as warm up games, really annoying. Might be interested in coming out of retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I don't play. Too many guys thinking they should be playing for hearts or hibs and instead having to settle for e Wednesday night at the corn exchange.

That and I'm fat.

Stuart McNeill

Surely if we get enough people on here, who aren't interested in taking it seriously and just fancy a kick about. We could try sort a game?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm definitely up for that, more so than before since the docs have said I've now got high blood pressure. I figure a kick about once a week would help.

Basically, I'm looking for folk who are more likely to burst out laughing when you miss an open goal as opposed to treating it like a cup defeat to Hibs.

Captain Lithuania

I'm up for this. Won't be taking anything seriously, could do with exercise. I work 10 - 8 Tues - Fri, I can do a Monday night or any night after about 8:30PM.

AlphonseCapone

Shall we start a list then, add on your name if you are definitely up for trying to get it arranged;

AlphonseCapone

William H. Bonney

Surely if we get enough people on here, who aren't interested in taking it seriously and just fancy a kick about. We could try sort a game?

Is that how hibs were formed?

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Although it might be a couple of weeks before I'm fit. Still have Labrynthitis and I've also now got a shitty cold as well.

Edited by Normthebarman

Stuart McNeill

I may need an additional person tomorrow for 4pm at WoF. (?3)

However I'll get back to you ASAP tomorrow, if we do.

I should have put that I'll be unavailable for the start of it as I'm recovering from doing my mcl but would be keen to play once I'm on the mend.

Budgie's Boyfriend

Used to love 5/7's etc , never been any good though , just loved a kickaboot but had to stop as had bad knee etc , not played for about 6 years but want to get back into it , problem is I'm 48 with a beer gut :(

AlphonseCapone

Used to love 5/7's etc , never been any good though , just loved a kickaboot but had to stop as had bad knee etc , not played for about 6 years but want to get back into it , problem is I'm 48 with a beer gut :(

Doesn't matter, we aren't professionals man, just a laugh and a kick about.

Anyone else? Only need a couple of more with the looks of it.

I'd love to get in on this, taking into account finishing work and driving down from Aberdeen I'd be available to kick off around midnight most nights !  :laugh4:

I'd be up for this and will be a good way to help me lose some weight.

Haven't played in a couple year so will probably be blowing out my arse after 10 minutes :lol:

Captain Lithuania

For all asking, it's likely it will be an evening thing at Power League in Sighthill.

EDIT: If anyone interested could add themselves to the list below.

AlphonseCapone
Ryan Jarman
Arnaud Djoum
Machiavelli
William H. Bonney
Normthebarman

Edited by Arnaud Djoum

Dagger Is Back

For all asking, it's likely it will be an evening thing at Power League in Sighthill.

EDIT: If anyone interested could add themselves to the list below.

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Depending on day and time I'm up for a non serious kick about

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

Chaps

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

Chaps

The_jailer

We're up to 9!

1 more needed for a game, although a few more would be good. Rolling subs sounds like a good idea seeing as we're all closer to the Gary O'Connor level of fitness as opposed to the Ronaldo.

AlphonseCapone

Ryan Jarman

Arnaud Djoum

Machiavelli

William H. Bonney

Normthebarman

Dagger Is Back

Chaps

the_jailer

jambogaz1968

AlphonseCapone

So looks like we've enough for fives at least?

What are folk thinking location and best nights?

It might be worth for those of us interested getting a whatsapp group or something set up?