Zaliukas

The jj era

chuck berrys hairline

So the all time SPL record goal scorer who is only 31 ISN'T good enough for Hearts, have a word mate.

:muggy:

How many has he scored this calendar year? Never mind this season! Btw he's pish always has been always will be.

I was speaking to him in the school car park and we exchanged some plesantarys after the game,I said to him I didn't expect the rough stuff and the score, he said he did.

The guy is definitely a Jambo.

ha that wouldn't go down well over on bearsden if they knew that!

Do you think he would come back to us then?

Big Zal was sitting behind the Rangers dug out sitting along side some of the other Rangers players belting out the Hearts song before the match. The other players sitting around him were laughing and joking at this point while Zal tried to get them to sing along. Same can't be said for them when Zal began to celebrate Holt's superb strike, he was quickly reminded to sit and looked depressed like every other one of that shower.

Did he seriously try to celebrate Holt's goal?

DieselHatesHibs

Did he seriously try to celebrate Holt's goal?

Yes. Sitting in his seat and began to celebrate. But was shot down very quickly. :)

Yes. Sitting in his seat and began to celebrate. But was shot down very quickly. :)

hah that's quality!  Which player/killjoy shot him down?

DieselHatesHibs

hah that's quality! Which player/killjoy shot him down?

Honestly couldn't say mate, don't take much attention to their squad. Wasn't well Kent face with me. All I know is it was some average player on big wages who wouldn't get into the hearts squad.......or even a seat on our bench.

The Shed Floodlight

:muggy:

How many has he scored this calendar year? Never mind this season! Btw he's pish always has been always will be.

you obviously don't know a player when you see one. Boyd is a top class striker and would take him in a heartbeat, we would get him fit.

We_are_the_Hearts

you obviously don't know a player when you see one. Boyd is a top class striker and would take him in a heartbeat, we would get him fit.

Top class lol.........................he has had a decent career but never top class. He also doesn't have the workrate to make it at a team that cant afford a "luxury" striker..............Killy have improved for him leaving, probably because the whole team are probably scoring more now that "it's all about me" has left..................

chester copperpot

Lets get something straight.

Kris Boyd is not a pish football player and if he had played in our team score plenty.

Rangers hoofball tactics are just not suiting him.

And his weight issues are down to his attitude and alleged love of the party gear.

Shite attitude maybe, shite footballer no chance.

Lets get something straight.

Kris Boyd is not a pish football player and if he had played in our team score plenty.

Rangers hoofball tactics are just not suiting him.

And his weight issues are down to his attitude and alleged love of the party gear.

Shite attitude maybe, shite footballer no chance.

That doesn't make sense if the party gear you're referring to is the stimulant I'm thinking of. Agree with the rest thouhj

Since this thread has strayed onto Boyd, I must admit I was originally gutted when Rangers signed Boyd, especially when it appeared he had been interested in signing for us previously.

I was wrong about this.

And I wouldnt take him now to be honest either. The thing about Boyd has always been, what does he offer apart from goals. Now, that has always sounded a little bit mental when he has been banging in 20+ goals every season. The point, however, shows more clarity when he is not scoring. If he doesnt score, he doesnt create either, so he is like playing a man short - apart from him trying to assault players. Anyway he wouldnt fit into our regime.

As regards Zaliukas I wasnt at all gutted when Rangers signed him.

I was right about this.

Was Zal up to much after 14 games with us?

Was he having game changing influences at 22 (I mean for us not the opposition)?

Debate the point not the poster Scot

I debated the point that zal and ozturk are very similar in style of play. I didnt refer to age or how long it took for players to settle at the club.

I agree, after a tricky start Ozturk has settled faster than King Marius did at Hearts. Zal came from the lithuanian league though so not surprised it took him longer.

There is always the chance that if Zal was still with us, or had come back to us, we could be at least a couple of squad players lighter.

steviebaggio98

The Hearts don't carry obese cheating thugs!

I debated the point that zal and ozturk are very similar in style of play. I didnt refer to age or how long it took for players to settle at the club.

I agree, after a tricky start Ozturk has settled faster than King Marius did at Hearts. Zal came from the lithuanian league though so not surprised it took him longer.

OK, thanks.

Next a bet.

I bet Hearts wont be the peak of Ozturk's career as it has been for Zaliukas.

?50?

OK, thanks.

Next a bet.

I bet Hearts wont be the peak of Ozturk's career as it has been for Zaliukas.

?50?

As it is considered international honours is the pinnacle of a professionals career I am happy to say zaliukas will have more caps than Ozturk will.

Brilliant bet.

As it is considered international honours is the pinnacle of a professionals career I am happy to say zaliukas will have more caps than Ozturk will.

Brilliant bet.

Will Ozturk ever start for a team that played in the Champions League semi finals..

Will Ozturk ever start for a team that played in the Champions League semi finals..

Jammy not even suggesting a charity bet. He genuinely wants some punters money off an intermet forum :laugh:

Unfortunately for him I predict more international honours for zal than for Ozturk. Ask any sportsman and the pinnacle of their career is representing their country.

Unlike Jammy I vow to donate all my winnings to a charity of JKB's choice.

Hibs have played in the european cup semi finals. Let's not get too caught up on that particular accolade.

Some folk getting carried away with the idea we have the best defence in the country without actually appreciating what league we're playing in. Big Slim is already a cult hero, a status it took Zal years to reach, but he will have to go some to achieve as much as Zal in the game (National caps, captain of a cup winning side for example). I hope he does but I'm not sure performances in the Championship are a good barometer of his abilities.

Jammy not even suggesting a charity bet. He genuinely wants some punters money off an intermet forum :laugh:

Unfortunately for him I predict more international honours for zal than for Ozturk. Ask any sportsman and the pinnacle of their career is representing their country.

:laugh: getting capped for Lithuania and Turkey carry the same level of prestige now do they?

chester copperpot

That doesn't make sense if the party gear you're referring to is the stimulant I'm thinking of. Agree with the rest thouhj

Robbie Williams? :D

Robbie Williams? :D

No ta, it's a bit early for me :D

Fair point although I think that was maybe more due to the bevvy and pies part of his daily regime than t'other

chester copperpot

No ta, it's a bit early for me :D

Fair point although I think that was maybe more due to the bevvy and pies part of his daily regime than t'other

Sorry I should have made the comparison more relevent.

Garry O'Connor ;)

Brilliant bet.

As you say Lithuanian league aint the best so caps for their national team dont say much at all. There will be a boy from San Marino with more caps than Zaliukas.

Leeds United? Or Rangers? Either way second division teams

Where he has crashed and failed. So currently a failed Championship player in both Scotland and England....

Next?

Charity you say?

Charity.

Yep of course. Lets double it. ?100.

ps and index link it (although I'll say the bet will come home for my charity within 5 years max)

Sorry I should have made the comparison more relevent.

Garry O'Connor ;)

That's blown my mind, how does that happen? My friend lost loads of weight when i was in my 20s :D

chester copperpot

That's blown my mind, how does that happen? My friend lost loads of weight when i was in my 20s :D

Think its to do with the day after when all you want to do is comfort eat. So I've been told anyway :peepwall::D

?100 that Ozturk wont even get half the caps Zal does for lithuania by the time they both retire.

Turkey are 46 and lithuania are 90 something. so that's as quantatively valid indicator you will find.

That lucky charity in 2027 will be delighted. :laugh:

All this came from me daring to suggest Zal and Ozturk are both good players with similar characteristics. :vrface:

Turkey have 25 times the population of Lithuania!

It's much much harder to get into the Turkish national team then the Lithuanian one, surely no one can seriously debate that?

Turkey have 25 times the population of Lithuania!

It's much much harder to get into the Turkish national team then the Lithuanian one, surely no one can seriously debate that?

Good point. But it seems our resident attention-seeker is debating it....& rightly getting ripped for it.

Usual suspects falling over themselves to have a pop at Zaliukas, shame to see a cup winning skipper get this unwarranted abuse really.

Archived