What have you achieved in life so far?

Ragnar

Done an apprenticeship with British Gas.

Worked there since 16.

I didn't have a day off sick for my 1st 9 years.

Raised my daughter who is now at university.

Took recreational drugs every weekend until my daughter was born and don't regret it and I'm still pretty normal.

Been arrested quite a few times for various idiotic things.

I was the 1st one out of all my mates to jump off Generals bridge into the Yarrow.

Survived a crash where my van was a total wreck with the roof caved in etc. Without a scratch.

Got back from Zagreb somehow. No idea how because I was so drunk.

Once got a pool cue smashed over my back by my brother and never felt a thing. It was broken into 3 pieces.

Got pushed out the way by Ralf Schumacher.

Been refused more drink as I was so drunk in my local. :laugh: I'm the one and only person this has happened to. It was after hospitality. :laugh:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• Tazio

• PsychocAndy

• Ortarkod

Achieved the square root of feck all. However, sadly my dad passed away a couple of weeks ago and whilst not an achievement as such, we were friends rather than Father and Son for the last 10 to 15 years. This was after around 15 years of me being a complete and utter arsehole during and after Hearts games in the late 70's and early 80's which involved the police visiting my house on more than one occasion. Come the mid 80's, I was just an arsehole in general; bouts of unemployment, trouble with the law again, nothing major, just basic arseholery. As you can imagine, my father and me never really got on during this time; he thought I was a waster, and he was right. Not sure what happened, but I got a wake up call one day in the late 80's that made me wonder where my life was heading. We gradually got talking a wee bit more and I started to get more regular work and we started to have an actual father and son relationship. I started to show him the respect that I should have shown him from day one and we started going out for a beer as father and son but latterly it was me and my mate. 

The achievement I suppose is the fact that both my parents eventually became proud of me for the way I have turned my life around. I just wish I had done it sooner. Sleep sound Dad.

maroonlegions

Became a qualified chef, worked in various hotel and private kitchens, had a blast with many crazy chefs after work in my time, worked and trained with Gordon Ramsay like characters,that  would mould me in good stead in the early years for  when i progressed to run kitchens as a head chef. Was a hard core punk in my early youth that manifested a hatred for politics, religions and general greedy b********. Raised two daughters and a son, (happily married,(most of the time), now a postie and feel fit as feck for my age, gave up smoking 7 years ago, designed and painted my sons currant Hearts themed bedroom.Proud off my rather extensive knowledge of the UFO subject from the 1940s and onward including those unknown origin cases that have never made the media because of the high strangeness content they contain after credible investigations.Last but not least supporting Hearts since i was young. FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

Captain Canada

I wrote 24 kids stories in 24 hours for charity, raised ?1100 and published them as an eBook on Amazon.

I taught lots of people to drive and made a real difference to their lives.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Escaping East Lothian and getting the opportunity to work in a League 1, soon to be Championship Centre of Excellence.

Mixing with ex pros and some really high quality coaches on a near daily basis.

Running a major town partner of Bostons' youth set up. 

Networked with alot of people from a youngish age.

Edited by Richard Branson

chester copperpot

Achieved the square root of feck all. However, sadly my dad passed away a couple of weeks ago and whilst not an achievement as such, we were friends rather than Father and Son for the last 10 to 15 years. This was after around 15 years of me being a complete and utter arsehole during and after Hearts games in the late 70's and early 80's which involved the police visiting my house on more than one occasion. Come the mid 80's, I was just an arsehole in general; bouts of unemployment, trouble with the law again, nothing major, just basic arseholery. As you can imagine, my father and me never really got on during this time; he thought I was a waster, and he was right. Not sure what happened, but I got a wake up call one day in the late 80's that made me wonder where my life was heading. We gradually got talking a wee bit more and I started to get more regular work and we started to have an actual father and son relationship. I started to show him the respect that I should have shown him from day one and we started going out for a beer as father and son but latterly it was me and my mate. 

The achievement I suppose is the fact that both my parents eventually became proud of me for the way I have turned my life around. I just wish I had done it sooner. Sleep sound Dad.

Im sure your dad would be proud mate.

Lost my dad last year and thought similar to you. I'm sure both our old fellas are up there smiling. :)

PsychocAndy

Eat a cooked breakfast nearly every day and smoke 20 cigarettes a day. Turned 50 over a month ago and not dead yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

Found out today my BMI is 6.1 and my Cholesterol level is 3.9. 

Found out today my BMI is 6.1 and my Cholesterol level is 3.9. 

If your BMI is 6.1 you make Karen Carpenter look like Vanessa Feltz. 

PsychocAndy

If your BMI is 6.1 you make Karen Carpenter look like Vanessa Feltz. 

Unfortunately, I look pregnant, which doesn't look good on a 50 year old man. 

PsychocAndy

15st 10 and 192cm, a baw hair under 6ft 4. They want me between 4 and 6. Unless the NHS want to kill me off because I cost a lot in ?s.

sent by my phone using an enhanced Stephen Hawking like voice

PsychocAndy

Your all right. I just done it on line and I should be 26.9. They are trying to kill me.

PsychocAndy

I am just back from the nurse, not for this, and my MBI is 26. Just on my way home for my daily fry up.

• 3 months later...

I was Kickback Chess  champion back in the early days  :veryangry:

Was East of Scotland Under 16 champion at 13 in 1969.and in the Sctoland training squad .  At the moment I am rated 2140 on Chessmaniac (inflated ratings) and 227 in the world on that site> I think I've played you a few times on ICC but I just play drunk 1 minute chess on that site. I have been a few IMs on there and I think one GM but just at 1 minute

I also took part in the early chess computer experiments run by Professor Donald Levy at Edinburgh University Cybernetics department in the mid 1970s where I played against a computer as big as a house which churned out ticker tape for every move

ahahaha depth 10 on the supercomps in the 70s would have been overheating like chernobyl

I have a beautiful healthy daughter, that is the greatest achievement anyone can ever have, absolutely nothing compares to fathering a child, money, sporting achievements or job satisfaction just does not compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a beautiful healthy daughter, that is the greatest achievement anyone can ever have, absolutely nothing compares to fathering a child, money, sporting achievements or job satisfaction just does not compare

Either you've just had the kid or your wife/daughter reads job and knows your username.

eh ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assuming you're male (apologies if not) your contribution to a 'beautiful, healthy' daughter was roughly two pumps and a squirt. To say that nothing matches up to having kids is a nonsense.

N.b. Should your child be roughly 20+ and your satisfied you raised a good person then I can just about see the argument, but even then it's not something you've achieved, it's been achieved by a team of people.

And I have three of my own.

Edited by GforGallo

Riddley Walker

Assuming you're male (apologies if not) your contribution to a 'beautiful, healthy' daughter was roughly two pumps and a squirt. To say that nothing matches up to having kids is a nonsense.

N.b. Should your child be roughly 20+ and your satisfied you raised a good person then I can just about see the argument, but even then it's not something you've achieved, it's been achieved by a team of people.

:cornette:

I think you are assuming too much mate

Without knowing anything about my circumstances you are telling me what my greatest achievement is...

I'm sure I know best

Riddley Walker

Completed a Masters degree.

Lived abroad for a couple of years.

Travelled around large parts of the world.

Somehow still have functioning sperm after all the alcohol and drug-taking.

I've seen Hearts win 3 Scottish Cups :verysmug:

deesidejambo

Worked all over the world with an Oil Company.  Made a packet.  Then gave it all up and became a Ski-instructor.   Now making almost bugger-all but loving every minute of it.  In fact not almost bugger-all.  Totally bugger-all.  Great job though.

I've done really well for myself.

Kicked out of school at 16, kicked out of college at 17.

Long list of dead end jobs since, of which I've been in my current job for 10 years and still bottom of the ladder.

Isolated myself from all of my former friends and now have none.

Gained a natural ability to fail at everything in life.

Life's great! :)

deesidejambo

Long list of dead end jobs since, of which I've been in my current job for 10 years and still bottom of the ladder.

It could be worse.  You could support Hibs. 

Riddley Walker

You'll always have JKB mate.

luckyBatistuta

I can push a condom up my nose and pull it out my mouth.

Wow, another one. My mate used to do this as his party piece in the Diggers many moons ago. He used to shove a massive nail straight into his face through his nose and also put the whole top of his pint glass inside his mouth all at once and drink his pint.as part of his reportoire.

Find out tomorrow whether i will be dad to a wee boy or a wee girl :)

Regardless, a wee Jambo.

A wee boy it is! Absolutely buzzing :-)

Well,,,,, apart from bringing up my boy a pure Hearts fan, being mortgage free at last, relatively good health, life is good,,,,,,,so far.

TheMaganator

Escaped living in Scotland under Westminster rule.

:pleasing:

And now live somewhere in Europe under Brussels rule amarite?

Still, at least there aren't any English accents in charge

In the mid-70?s my then fiance?s dad told her that I was a waster and wouldn?t amount to much, so she left me. At the time he was probably right.

Got a decent job and after various promotions, jacked it in and went back to university. Now have an honours degree, a masters degree and a PhD. Spent years doing field work driving round southern Africa, clocking up nearly 200,000kms. Cooked every night on an open fire. Been stalked by lions and had to ?push? dozens of elephants out of my way. Lived in a caravan in Mozambique for over a year on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Written a book, published over 20 papers of original scientific research and have been a scientific advisor to KwaZuluNatal, Gauteng and Western Cape Provincial governments. Been taught to use an R4 assault rifle, a 0.458 hunting rifle and a Magnum handgun. Run over twice, once by my own vehicle in Mozambique. Now live in New Zealand, where I have a small farm, am associate editor for a leading international scientific journal and a research associate at an NZ university.

I always have time to remember my ex-fiance?s dad though.

In the mid-70?s my then fiance?s dad told her that I was a waster and wouldn?t amount to much, so she left me. At the time he was probably right.

Got a decent job and after various promotions, jacked it in and went back to university. Now have an honours degree, a masters degree and a PhD. Spent years doing field work driving round southern Africa, clocking up nearly 200,000kms. Cooked every night on an open fire. Been stalked by lions and had to ?push? dozens of elephants out of my way. Lived in a caravan in Mozambique for over a year on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Written a book, published over 20 papers of original scientific research and have been a scientific advisor to KwaZuluNatal, Gauteng and Western Cape Provincial governments. Been taught to use an R4 assault rifle, a 0.458 hunting rifle and a Magnum handgun. Run over twice, once by my own vehicle in Mozambique. Now live in New Zealand, where I have a small farm, am associate editor for a leading international scientific journal and a research associate at an NZ university.

I always have time to remember my ex-fiance?s dad though.

Among those amazing achievements, how high up the list is running yourself over? ;)

(well done with the rest o it btw)

Wow, another one. My mate used to do this as his party piece in the Diggers many moons ago. He used to shove a massive nail straight into his face through his nose and also put the whole top of his pint glass inside his mouth all at once and drink his pint.as part of his reportoire.

I feel inadequate now.