• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• Tazio

• PsychocAndy

• Ortarkod

I rounded a 15 year old Jack Hamilton ( :lol:) to score at Tynecastle during the latter part of my recovery from ankle ligament damage. (I popped a few pills to do so!). Then did the Fenlon to the Celtic fans.

Everything else I've done in my life pales into insignificance.

I was there with you.  He saved mine onto the post :vrface:

Your celebration was the best bit!

Mid-40s.

Achievements in more-or-less chronological order:

- was a mascot at Tynie

- got my PhD (quite a few years after the mascot gig!)

- named MVP of my local American football league's bowl game; later named as a starter in the league's team of the 90s

- published about 70 scientific papers, including meeting a career goal with a paper in Machine Learning journal a few years ago

Never really thought of university (hated it) as an achievement. It just seemed that was next thing to do.

My favourite was owning a Porsche. Fantastic driving it in the summer with the top down, but totally impractical during two snowy/icy winters. . It was my Concorde moment, sold it and bought a Volvo. :thumbsdown:

Joining the Navy and serving onboard HMS Ark Royal and HMS Illustrious seeing some brilliant places along the way.

Six months in Helmand province

Owning my own house, which in this day in age is an achievement for people who don't rely on the bank of mum and dad.

My son.

Probably more but can't think of any!

Malcolm Tucker

I'm 24.

I scored a hat-trick at Tynecastle.

I have over 1000 followers on Twitter.

I moved to France for a year away from all my home comforts, family and friends when I was 18.

End of list.

:sob:

Although the OP said things like buying a house or getting married doesn't count, some might view having kids in the same light.

But, I don't think people would appreciate until they experience it. I'm 21 and my wee girl is nearly 18 months but just seeing the things I've taught her is enough to make me feel like I've done something in life.

Tear to a glass eye stuff for many, but if I can see her grow up and live a life of her own then that's enough achievement in my life to keep me happy.

Batchelors then M.Sc in my field.

Rewarding job working on global humanitarian projects.

planning a permanent move to london

passing driving test

voluntary work supporting vulnerable people

having a job where you get to learn about cool things everyday

racking up posts on kickback

learning another language and being able to teach english to foreign people.

living in asia for close to a year and travelling europe

Supporting Rangers

what id like to achieve:

work in the middle east as part of my job

buy a flat in Edinburgh that I can rent out until I'm ready to move back

Be paid at market rate for the work I do.

passing driving test

Supporting Rangers

what id like to achieve:

:rofl:

Tommi smells blood

Became a dad to my son

Married someone well out my league

Bought a house (and kept it even after 14 months with no income)

Did some volunteering for a couple of local charities

Walked the Sahara

Finished an Olympic distance triathlon

Managed the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot

Worked in Qatar for the UN

Opened and manage a ?125m building

Hosted events for Royalty

raised a good bit of ? for charity

Have a great bunch of mates aswell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although the OP said things like buying a house or getting married doesn't count, some might view having kids in the same light.

But, I don't think people would appreciate until they experience it. I'm 21 and my wee girl is nearly 18 months but just seeing the things I've taught her is enough to make me feel like I've done something in life.

Tear to a glass eye stuff for many, but if I can see her grow up and live a life of her own then that's enough achievement in my life to keep me happy.

To be honest, if I can be a good dad to my two kids then that will do me as well.

Guest C00l K1d

I'm 24.

I scored a hat-trick at Tynecastle.

I have over 1000 followers on Twitter.

I moved to France for a year away from all my home comforts, family and friends when I was 18.

End of list.

Had you down as 40 though. Edited by The Heartbreak Kid

I think achievement is a bit relative to where you start out. My wife and I were at school together but didn?t start seeing each other until we were 25. In a more candid moment she told me that if she?d known she'd marry me when she was 15 she?d probably have killed herself as I was a horrible ned who hated school and fighting and drinking were my main interests. Hers was probably Church, no idea really - she never spoke to me :tt2:

So I?ve tried to be a good guy. Paid the house off at 35, upgraded, nearly paid off the next one. On course to saving enough to retire at 55. That may sound pretty materialistic but to be honest, the motivation is I don't really like working and just hope I?m healthy enough to kick back and enjoy it in 8 years or so.

Managing to attend the births of my children ? the idea filled me with terror on so many levels. Many people tell tales of how they wept with joy, I just stood there holding my wee lass thinking ?Holy s**t, I?ve got to look after it for the rest of my life and I?ve no clue where to start?

Done some voluntary work.

Driven from Perth to Brisbane across the Nullabor.

Been on a 250m zipline, terrified of heights so stepping off the platform was a massive achievement. To a lesser extent, ditto the 15 Munro?s I?ve crawled up.

Quit smoking

Like a lot of people I?ll judge myself on how my kids turn out to an extent, but at 11 & 13 it?s a bit soon to tell. From my opening comments you?ll be able to guess that my wife and I have hugely differing idea?s on what counts as decent parenting :cheesy:

I?d like to do 500 (Scuba) dives before I?m too old to dive, at 320 so far, also want to ski across Vallee Blanche, and I?d like to visit countries beginning with every letter of the alphabet. That?s not possible btw. I?m at 15 out of 26 so far.

Was the first in my family to go to University.

Have been in a relationship through good & bad for 24 years.

Been to see (most of) the places I've wanted to see.

Helped to save the football club I love.

Malcolm Tucker

Had you down as 40 though.

So I have the same age-deception skill as an internet nonce?

What an achievement.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

passing driving test

Supporting Rangers

what id like to achieve:

:lol:

Kudos for that, nicely done.

Travelled a lot of the World, got a decent job that pays well, and have kids/grandkids/great-grandklids that are all healthy. Don't want or need any more than that. Oh, and seen my team win the Scottish Cup   

Creepy Lurker

Mainly just uni stuff so far. Graduated with a first in French and History and distinction in spoken French, won two awards as an undergraduate for best overall degree performance out of anyone in my year as well as another one for research based excellence. Was the first to win that second award. Now doing a Masters in French Studies. Was meant to have my first professional Muay Thai fight in the summer but got injured, so it didn't happen.

Captained the Scottish national team to silver medal position in the 2010 world taekwondo championships and am currently the Scottish team coach. No achievements outside of sport unfortunately.

Guest C00l K1d

What an achievement.

I did think you acted a bit beasty to me sometimes on here.

It's cool now I know you're under 26 though.

What an achievement.

I thought you were Jamie Borthwick tbh.

19th May 1998. Saw an open top bus round the corner of Dalry road and Gorgie road. Perched upon the front, with the sun glinting in all directions off it, was a silver trophy decorated in maroon and white ribbons. That moment, and the preceeding 24 hours is an achievement I honestly thought I'd never live to experience.

J.T.F.Robertson

I can't think of anything that might qualify, but there are sure a number of interesting folk on here. :2thumbsup:

Whoulda thunk it. :uhoh2:

The Mighty Thor

The Peter Pan of JKB

Was there not some other guy who was a 'peter pan of pop' type character who allegedly ran into a bit of soapy lately?

:troll:

Run a marathon.

Cycled London to Paris over 3 days - 300 miles

Cycled from Livingston to Buckie in one day for a worthwhile charity - 180 miles in 13 hours.

Quite proud of the last one as I never thought I would make it.

Takes me 3 hours to get from Blackburn to Buckie by bike and that includes 2 or 3 fag stops.......oh cycle you said, sod that, I'm keeping my engine.

Spent a year in Oz at 19/20 with my then GF. Joined the mile-high club on the way.

Moved to Edinburgh on our return, had our first daughter when I was 21 and our second when I was 24 and done a pretty good job with them so far. Got a 4 year trade qualification within 2 years and got married within the time of having kids.

Went self-employed not long after the recession started but done well over that time as a result of a ridiculous amount of hard work.

Fostered for just shy of 3 years, tough but really rewarding.

Moved my family to Oz in June of this year as a result of my trade being on the wanted list.

But before all of that I scored over 4.4 million points on a single round of tony hawk 3 on the ps2 and 2.95 million on a single combo. I win life.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Nothing really you could class as the classic milestones. Didn't even finish uni. 

I'd like to think I've treated people with a lot of kindness and compassion up to this point in my life so far though, which to me is the most important thing in life.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've done some things that have blown my mind... Wouldn't be ruling out marriage and kids so readily as things that I've got to look back upon, when I'm on my death-bed though.

Sailed up the Nile towards the foot of Murchison Falls in a boat, and turned through surfacing hippos, just before the waterfall.

Sat next to a family of mountain gorillas in a Ugandan rainforest.

Rode a camel through part of the Sahara desert.

Stood on a glacier in Iceland.

Seen lions hunting topi.

Camped in the Savannah in Kenya.

Completed an HNC years after I left school, currently looking at having an HND by next year.

Seen killer whales in the wild.

Stayed in a masai mara village.

Saved the life of someone I hated.

Gave up smoking after sixteen years.

Also got married, and baby on the way. :)

I've done some things that have blown my mind... Wouldn't be ruling out marriage and kids so readily as things that I've got to look back upon, when I'm on my death-bed though.

Sailed up the Nile towards the foot of Murchison Falls in a boat, and turned through surfacing hippos, just before the waterfall.

Sat next to a family of mountain gorillas in a Ugandan rainforest.

Rode a camel through part of the Sahara desert.

Stood on a glacier in Iceland.

Seen lions hunting topi.

Camped in the Savannah in Kenya.

Completed an HNC years after I left school, currently looking at having an HND by next year.

Seen killer whales in the wild.

Stayed in a masai mara village.

Saved the life of someone I hated.

Gave up smoking after sixteen years.

Also got married, and baby on the way. :)

Awesome list.