• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• Tazio

• PsychocAndy

• Ortarkod

Going by an average of being drunk twice a week over the last 30 years, I have been drunk over 3000 times, a reasonable achievement.

And that is a very conservative estimate.

I've done ok so far for a 29 year old I think. Probably should think about finding a Mrs and starting a family at some point but I guess that'll come at it's own speed.

So far I've

- Completed an apprenticeship

- Started a business aged 21/22

- Became an employer and taken over as the largest plumbing firm in my area

- Seen lot's of the planet including Asia, North America and large parts of Europe

- Had a hole in one

That's actually really not that impressive when it's jotted down. I'm lagging behind my siblings in the having a family and owning a house department although I'm house hunting just now. 

Need to get the finger out and do things. 

went to Mallorca in July 82 for a 2 week holiday....and came back the following March.

Went to Ethiopia in 85/86 to help install water and electricity to villages.

completed basic training to join the Paras but discovered drink and thats pretty much that......oh and I`ve been stabbed twice 

I learnt how to play Wonderwall on the guitar.

I hope that means you now play a horribly sloppy version at every single house party you attend.

:jjyay:

I hope that means you now play a horribly sloppy version at every single house party you attend.

:jjyay:

:lol:

Nah, I was kidding - I know any dick with four fingers can play Wonderwall. It's 'Horse With No Name' I play at the parties. B)

Edited by dokratrO

Snake Plissken

Just under a month until I turn 30 and it's a fairly modest list.

I don't have any remarkable academic achievements, just a degree in history.

I have lived in east Asia for the last three years and have traveled to quite a few interesting locations

Ran a marathon

Got my 1234 plates at the gym

Kinda saved a toddler from drowning - don't ask please.

Lived and worked abroad.

Got paid to travel to some unbelievable locations around the world.

Still got all my own teeth - not bad for a Scot in his 50s. :tooth:

Got my kids well enough educated to pass 11plus exams for private schools - one didn't want to go and fecked up the interview and the other refused to go.

Quite happy with my lot and looking forward to retirement in the next 2-3 years.

Kinda saved a toddler from drowning - don't ask please.

Lived and worked abroad.

Got paid to travel to some unbelievable locations around the world.

Still got all my own teeth - not bad for a Scot in his 50s. :tooth:

Got my kids well enough educated to pass 11plus exams for private schools - one didn't want to go and fecked up the interview and the other refused to go.

Quite happy with my lot and looking forward to retirement in the next 2-3 years.

Biggest achievement on the list IMO.

Eat a cooked breakfast nearly every day and smoke 20 cigarettes a day. Turned 50 over a month ago and not dead yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

Singlehandedly got my school banned from using North Sea Ferries.

I got my whole class lifted in Rose Street except one person , me. The school banned my class from further field trips. We were at the art gallery at the mound.

Our teacher never got my class to apologise to me, even when I asked him to and then demanded an apology and said although he couldn't prove it he was sure I had something to do with it. The rest of the class were stars though because not one of them grassed me and a few got doings from their parents. I would still demand an apology every so often. I was a dick but a consistent dick.

The thing is if even one of them had grassed I would have got expelled, I had had one last warning to many.

They got lifted for breaching the peace, but were held until the school or parents turned up.

I had nearly forgotten that escapade.

It involved bevvy. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure.

I had to sit in a pair of spew-covered jeans for the next two days, as we travelled across to the southwest of France.

CV-type stuff: got two degrees with top grades, became fluent in a foreign language in about 12 months with only six weeks of teaching, was a national general knowledge champion at school, also represented my schools at football, swimming and chess, and have had articles published in academic journals.

I'm prouder of other stuff, though, like my mother dying when I was eight and living with a beast of a step-brother and a beast of a step-mother, and still coming out with my reason more or less intact. Standing up for a teenage student of mine whose father is egregiosuly abusive and her reason still being more or less intact. Having gone to Spain knowing nobody (except on guy who found me a flat in Madrid) and with ?1,000 in my pocket and now fluent in the language, living with my girlfriend (not always the happiest thing) and with several friends for life. Becoming much more confident in myself through teaching people from all types of backgrounds.

I'm fairly sure I'm a better person than I was five or ten years ago and most people who know me would agree.

"It's alright, ma, I can make it".

CV-type stuff: got two degrees with top grades, became fluent in a foreign language in about 12 months with only six weeks of teaching, was a national general knowledge champion at school, also represented my schools at football, swimming and chess, and have had articles published in academic journals.

I'm prouder of other stuff, though, like my mother dying when I was eight and living with a beast of a step-brother and a beast of a step-mother, and still coming out with my reason more or less intact. Standing up for a teenage student of mine whose father is egregiosuly abusive and her reason still being more or less intact. Having gone to Spain knowing nobody (except on guy who found me a flat in Madrid) and with ?1,000 in my pocket and now fluent in the language, living with my girlfriend (not always the happiest thing) and with several friends for life. Becoming much more confident in myself through teaching people from all types of backgrounds.

I'm fairly sure I'm a better person than I was five or ten years ago and most people who know me would agree.

Nice post

Bravo, great post! Well done on all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good man. :thumbsup:

Magnificent. Yours, Creepy's and Charlie's are the ones that do it for me on this thread.

Won fife primary school chess tournament in P4, beating a P7 in the final in 4 moves.

Passed P Company.

Gained British Military Parachute Wings.

Scored at Tynecastle with my unborn Son's name on the back of my shirt.

Had beautiful said son.

Good man.

Not kidding here, but some of you JKB'ers should get together and form a wee chess team.

There are at least 4 of you on here that seem decent. Would be a good social thing and you could bring some silverware back for us.

I was in the chess club one year at school - lost to my cousin in the Grand Final. :dry:

Nowadays I'm awful at it. If I don't win in four moves I get bored and start pissing about.

Not kidding here, but some of you JKB'ers should get together and form a wee chess team.

There are at least 4 of you on here that seem decent. Would be a good social thing and you could bring some silverware back for us.

lol i kinda like this idea :D

Managed to stay single

Been to Old Trafford

Not on the Hearts database

Rangers fan

Called randoms on the Internet kiddy filders

nams x

Edited by Chrambo

• 3 weeks later...

Self Employed

Defeated a former 2 time US chess champion at chess

Thats about it :D got plenty of travelling to do which im starting in December so that should be fun

posted screenshot to prove that i did indeed crush a two time us chess champ :)

Great stuff. I was in my chess team at school but lost every match. I'd like to be reasonably competent.

Do you have an ELO rating?

standard 1950 blitz 1820 rapid 1900

have had up to 2400 on chess sites like chesscube got 2200 on chesscom which are inflated and i dont play bullet because i dont have  a mouse i only use laptops

on icc im around 1800 but i lost alot of blitz points recently because i switched laptops and i was so much faster on the netbook before it went crazy after a windows update, 

in all from about 15,000 games i have beat about 50 masters but the yermo win was the best tbh.

im good friends with several top players who i have met through streams and various other chess activities.

Edited by masonicchess

have had up to 2400 on chess sites like chesscube got 2200 on chesscom which are inflated and i dont play bullet because i dont have  a mouse i only use laptops

on icc im around 1800 but i lost alot of blitz points recently because i switched laptops and i was so much faster on the netbook before it went crazy after a windows update, 

in all from about 15,000 games i have beat about 50 masters but the yermo win was the best tbh.

im good friends with several top players who i have met through streams and various other chess activities.

The guy who ran the chess club had an ELO of about 2100 if I remember right.

He also used to go on about Osama bin Laden long before 9/11. "Osama bin Laden will do something big one day", he used to say. On 9/11 this all came back to me.

I assume this story was the aphrodesic catalyst for your recent threesome?

I assume this story was the aphrodesic catalyst for your recent threesome?

its getting pretty close to the stage where i can post them pics too shrekeo keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for them 

the original dalry llama

Beat a down syndrome laddie at connect 4.

In your big face Colin

And you beat me 2-1 at outdoor giant connect 4 in Paris.......

Ran my first marathon at 40

Finally got the job I'd always wanted at 31

Got an award for bravery in my job

Stopped a girl jumping from a bridge onto the M8

Lived and worked abroad (The Rose and Crown in Ayia Napa circa '92)

Got my motorbike licence

Married WAY, WAY above my station 

Dad to 2 hardworking and decent sons

• 4 months later...

Passed my driving test  2 weeks ago       at 45 i thought better now than later

Raised 3 sensible kids  .....  she'll prob get the credit for that

managed to stay engaged...going on 24 years   lol

Managed to escape Broomie and moved down to carricknowe

scott herbertson

I was Kickback Chess  champion back in the early days  :veryangry:

Was East of Scotland Under 16 champion at 13 in 1969.and in the Sctoland training squad .  At the moment I am rated 2140 on Chessmaniac (inflated ratings) and 227 in the world on that site> I think I've played you a few times on ICC but I just play drunk 1 minute chess on that site. I have been a few IMs on there and I think one GM but just at 1 minute

I also took part in the early chess computer experiments run by Professor Donald Levy at Edinburgh University Cybernetics department in the mid 1970s where I played against a computer as big as a house which churned out ticker tape for every move

Edited by scott herbertson