What have you achieved in life so far?

Ragnar

Interested to hear what others have accomplished in life.

I mean proper achievements, not stuff like 'got married' or 'got a house'.

List your age and what you've achieved thus far and also what you hope to accomplish in the future.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• Tazio

• PsychocAndy

• Ortarkod

Nowt really. In my mid late thirties. That's a bit crap really.

I suppose I've not accidentally drowned the kids or left them on the plane. People who know me may say that's an achievement but I dunno.

Interested to hear what others have accomplished in life.

I mean proper achievements, not stuff like 'got married' or 'got a house'.

List your age and what you've achieved thus far and also what you hope to accomplish in the future.

Getting a house in 1978 as a 23 year old was an achievement. Even today buying a house is an achievement for a lot of people.

Edited by grumpyjambo

I've travelled to a lot of the places I'd always wanted to travel to growing up. Progressed to a level/wage in my job I'd never thought I'd get to. Got 100% in my Higher physics exam. I'm also going to classify witnessing us pump Hibs 5-1 on 19/05/12 as an "achievement".

Edited by Jambos_1874

Not giving a **** about most things is less stressful.

43 fairly happy.

Yeah, that's kind of how I see it. Any big achievement seems like a lot of hard work and stress. I'm fairly content with my lot and there's nothing I really want enough to go through the bother that it would involve.

Jambof3tornado

Decorated 4 times in the RAF now doing a much less stressful job,home every night but earning much less and have helped bring up a well mannered 17 year old son.

Married 22 years next year.

Age 41.

Decorated 4 times in the RAF now doing a much less stressful job,home every night but earning much less and have helped bring up a well mannered 17 year old son.

Married 22 years next year.

Age 41.

Wallpaper or just a lick of paint?

Psychedelicropcircle

So nothing?

Self employed have employees busy enough could double it up easy enough but it might be double doe but it'll be double stress also so **** that. Some folk glorify busy and are miserable rich *******s.

I'd be interested in the OP telling us what he has managed to acheive in his life so far? I'm sure it will be just as impressive as it will be true!

I appreciate this makes the assumption that he'll actually return to this thread......

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm 22, so not an awful lot yet tbh.  Big three would be.

Graduating from Uni with a 2:1

Passing my driving test (first time)

Getting to black belt level at karate.

Plenty of time for me to achieve other stuff.  Would love to make something of myself and have a successful career, that's the big aim.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Craig Gordons Gloves

Funny this popped up, I'm 40 in 3 weeks so have been doing a bit of a review of what I've done and what I've still got to do. I've done a lot, made some mistakes, had a lot of fun and I intend to do more of all that after I'm 40 too.

By the way, getting married and having kids are achievements. 3 of the best 5 days of my life were my wedding and the days my boys were born. The other 2 best days were 16/5/98 and 19/5/12....

I have achieved most of my goals that I set myself.

Got a degree

Traveled to the other side of the world

Got a job offshore

Future goals include:

Losing weight

Buying a few properties

Getting a trophy wife

Retiring at 50

What's life without goals.

Moved in with a woman double my age with kids who then became widowed. Gave her all my money, realised I was throwing my life away, moved to another country & came out the other side ready to continue my life. 

I want to finish my degree with a 1st this year.

Mostly work-related stuff, turned 30 in April:

Got BEng and MSc degrees (age 23 and 24)
Became a Chartered chemical engineer (age 29)

Moved to the US (age 28)
Successfully got a patent approved (age 29)

Wasted the opportunity for an excellent education.

Joined the Scots Guards at 171/2, served 20 months in the Suez Canal Zone and 9 months in London. The achievement was being discharged with the rank of Sergeant at 20 years old.

Joined Edinburgh City Police, served an undistinguished 12 years, did pass the Sergeants promotion exam but had no ambition,  left to come to Canada.

In Canada returned to a police career.  Developed ambition and returned to school by way of night school to further  advance my educational standards. Took courses to Diploma level in Business Administration and Criminology.  Finally took part in an official graduation ceremony, an achievement for an educational shirker.

My night school endeavours gained me recommendation for advanced police management courses at F.B.I. Academy and Canadian Police College.

Advanced through the ranks and retired as Chief Superintendent, at age fifty six. Not bad achievement for a Niddrie head basher.

Met and married my Canadian wife in Edinburgh , now been married almost fifty five years, had two excellent children a son and a daughter. Four grandchildren, have owned our own houses throughout our marriage.  My wife has been my supporter and mentor throughout our lives together,an achievment for an a'  hole like me.

The biggest achievements are not mine they are more the result of people who cared about me and saw something in me that I never saw in myself, I have lived a long happy, contented and fulfilled life, nothing more to achieve.

Edited by bobsharp

Run a marathon.

Cycled London to Paris over 3 days - 300 miles

Cycled from Livingston to Buckie in one day for a worthwhile charity - 180 miles in 13 hours.

Quite proud of the last one as I never thought I would make it.

Self Employed

Defeated a former 2 time US chess champion at chess

Thats about it :D got plenty of travelling to do which im starting in December so that should be fun

Got my degree, managed to get a commission in the RAF, took a gamble and left that secure job to work for a helicopter company in the North Sea sector, got a B1.3 licence and took the pay rise since I was going to have to take the extra responsiblity. I managed to get some old RAF guys in the door here and elsewhere which I'm happy and proud of.

2 brilliant kids and a great wife too.

Got my degree, managed to get a commission in the RAF, took a gamble and left that secure job to work for a helicopter company in the North Sea sector, got a B1.3 licence and took the pay rise since I was going to have to take the extra responsiblity. I managed to get some old RAF guys in the door here and elsewhere which I'm happy and proud of.

2 brilliant kids and a great wife too.

You ever fly out of Scasta?

Did a college course and graduated.

Only 19. So would love to go to uni maybe, get a job involved in the subject, travel the world, have a family etc.

Not done much.

I P Knightley

Paid off the mortgage on the family home by the time I was 40.

Haven't borrowed to buy anything - apart from the house - in 25 years; except a 0% car finance deal where they wouldn't give me an equivalent value discount for cash purchase.

Hole in one at the golf.

I've never lit one of my own farts, though. Will do that by the time I'm 50.

Run a marathon.

Cycled London to Paris over 3 days - 300 miles

Cycled from Livingston to Buckie in one day for a worthwhile charity - 180 miles in 13 hours.

Quite proud of the last one as I never thought I would make it.

I'm impressed fella particularly with your final one, I'm doing the 3 pistes next year and already having sleepless nights. :-)

Only 21 so plenty more to come, but so far

Getting to a level already were I earn about what I'd hope to do at 30

Close to buying my first buy to rent property

Shagged a gypsy

I'm impressed fella particularly with your final one, I'm doing the 3 pistes next year and already having sleepless nights. :-)

Cheers!

3 pistes is on the to-do list although will need to get clearance from the other half...

Good luck.

I rounded a 15 year old Jack Hamilton (:lol:) to score at Tynecastle during the latter part of my recovery from ankle ligament damage. (I popped a few pills to do so!). Then did the Fenlon to the Celtic fans.

Everything else I've done in my life pales into insignificance.

Guest C00l K1d

Paid off the mortgage on the family home by the time I was 40.

Haven't borrowed to buy anything - apart from the house - in 25 years; except a 0% car finance deal where they wouldn't give me an equivalent value discount for cash purchase.

Hole in one at the golf.

I've never lit one of my own farts, though. Will do that by the time I'm 50.

Youre older than 40 :wow:

Had you down as mid 20s :laugh:

Kalamazoo Jambo

I got Aaron Paul to call Pat Fenlon a bitch.

Going to have to ask for proof on that one.

:verysmug:

Although it was actually a group effort from a bunch of JKBers, so I can claim only partial credit.