'Hmfckickback Prancer'

Creepy Lurker

I P Knightley

When someone digs up an old thread like the Room 101 one which came BTTT after 2 years, it's a bit of a history lesson and a sober reminder of our fallen.

A remarkable number of folk with lots of time served seem to hit the buffers.

Perhaps there should be a counselling service?

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Benoit

• Generic Username

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Yet he will be reading this.

How many self imposed exiles is this now? 3?

He will, he posted on my FB wall few weeks back complimenting me on a post I'd put into the referendum thread

I asked him if he was coming back and he said he definitely wouldn't be back

Edited by MalkyMcFrench

Lawson was a weirdo really. A really strange guy.

Mind he pretended he had chance to pump his hot nanny when he was younger and he passed it up :laugh:

Did he not claim to be addicted to diet coke as well?

The White Cockade

Therapist was a complete rasper - he stuck to his trolling for so long but

you could always eventually wind him up to the point he showed his true colours

and he had a sidekick (may or may not have been him as well) that agreed with

everything he said - Spotty Arse or something?

He will, he posted on my FB wall few weeks back complimenting me on a post I'd put into the referendum thread

I asked him if he was coming back and he said he definitely wouldn't be back

Won't be back as his old username. I reckon he's back already.

I got the facebook cull ages ago as I said on here he was a nice guy that needed help. Boy isn't right.

Lawson was a weirdo really. A really strange guy.

For an apparently intelligent guy he really struggled to separate fact from opinion on a lot of subjects which proved his downfall. No doubting he's a nice guy and probably would've got on better if he hadn't been elevated by some as an intellect on here early doors.

I remember Lawson compared my 'dislike' for hibs and their fans with racism.

:lol:

Complete rasper.

Edited by Craigieboy
Maroon Sailor

Lawson got his arse absolutely handed to him by one of the heid bummers here. Big time.

That was on the tennis thread

Game Set and Match ########

I miss Badger, perhaps one for the older posters from the truly good old days.

And the lad from gartcosh who had an issue with bouncing smiley faces

Lawson got his arse absolutely handed to him by one of the heid bummers here. Big time.

That was was like watching a puppy getting kicked in the face. Proper big time.

He had a sabbatical after that and came back pretty disjointed. Had a go at me for being anti-catholic at one point.

Still, he's got the monto videan sun to keep him warm.

Maroon Sailor

Link?

I've had a quick search for it and can't find it - sure it was about a year ago

SL still pops up on 5Live's World Football Phone-in from time to time. You can literally hear the stifled sighs from Tim Vickery as Dotun Adebayo says "And now we have Shaun from Uruguay".

I think it was Lacoste Lad who had a real bone to pick with me. We were not very compatible, and strangely enough we seemed to accept our differences and get on not to bad. He did have strong opinions and I think if I remember, remembering getting more difficult every year, that his demise came over Hearts not giving a contract to a player, could have been DeVries or someone similar. Despite our differences I sort of liked him he did keep the pot boiling, and after all it was only internet shennanigans.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I missed the whole Gorgie Loyal saga. Went offline for an hour, came back on and all hell had broken loose! I always miss the good stuff.

Was Therapist not revealed to be living in a bungalow in Corstorphine or something? :lol:. Definitely no swimming pool.

Prince Buaben

SL still pops up on 5Live's World Football Phone-in from time to time. You can literally hear the stifled sighs from Tim Vickery as Dotun Adebayo says "And now we have Shaun from Uruguay".

Was just going to say that he pops up every now and then on bbc phone ins.

Was just going to say that he pops up every now and then on bbc phone ins.

He also appears (slow day at work) to contribute to a blog about Uruguayan football under the pseudonym 'Big Feller':

http://www.lacelesteblog.com/?p=11308

Many on here will be shocked to learn that his posts are...lengthy. :)

Edited by Don Draper
Say What Again

The memories some folk on here had for recalling what people posted years ago, has never ceased to amaze me. Most have bitten the dust now though.

Some of it - like uncovering folk on Facebook/Bebo by piecing together the snippets of info they'd gathered - was downright creepy. Wasn't someone's name and phone number posted in The Pub at some point? Anyone taking that much time to find a faceless stranger on an internet forum has issues of their own :lol:

Snake Plissken

The most shocking thing about this thread is the fact Creepy Lurker uses Internet Explorer.

I P Knightley
Had a go at me for being anti-catholic at one point.

After today's shocking rant at Sturgeon, you'll find that difficult to refute.

He said jokingly, knowing that readers of the post will have enough intelligence to see that comment for what it was.

which is why I christened him Walter Mitty back in the day

I may be wrong but I thought that claims of a swimming pool were fabricated by others and imposed on Walter. I also tend to believe that he does have a well-paid job, hangs out at posh restaurants and travels to exotic destinations to see wee men, smaller than himself, scoot about on fast bikes. However, his desperation to make everyone aware of (and be impressed by) these points marked him out as a very sad individual.

I didn't/don't mind Shaun at all. Funnily, like Therapist, his eagerness to be accepted brought on a lot of animosity. He seemed to know it but couldn't help himself.

He said jokingly, knowing that readers of the post will have enough intelligence to see that comment for what it was.

You'd think.

I P Knightley

The memories some folk on here had for recalling what people posted years ago, has never ceased to amaze me.

I'm with you on that. 99.9% of what I read and write here is instantly disposable.

With few exceptions, I haven't a clue whose writing style is what and have to resort to the "recently used names" function on a profile to see if I can build any frame of reference. Yet others seem to be able to sense a hint of "Poster X" in the seemingly innocuous writing of "Poster Y" - and sometimes get it right.

(which is why you'll find me as a recent visitor to your profile)

Always read Therapists name in my head as The-rapist.

And you'd have been reported to the mods if you'd ever written it with a gap between the E and the R. Very touchy about that, which is a strange stance to take when (a) you made up the name yourself and (b ) you're not actually a therapist.

Creepy Lurker

Snake: the uni computers only have IE. Not my fault. :(

I'm not even able to quote people on them. :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Lawson was on Five Live's 606 a wee while back. Obviously the point of the show is that the presenter has a bit of a back-and-forward discussion with whoever calls in.

It went like this:

ALAN GREEN: Shaun from Uruguay, you're next.

LAWSON: "The problem with Scottish football...(continues for five minutes and 50,000 words)."

ALAN GREEN: "Er, okay. Mike in Manchester, are you there?"

Vickery recently refused to even get into a discussion with him last time he called.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I also remember young Shaun popping up just before the World Cup, basically telling Five Live that Suarez would probably have his leg amputated and had no chance of being involved in Brazil.

:scenes:

Prince Buaben

Lawson was on Five Live's 606 a wee while back. Obviously the point of the show is that the presenter has a bit of a back-and-forward discussion with whoever calls in.

It went like this:

LAWSON: "The problem with Scottish football...(continues for five minutes and 50,000 words)."

What was the problem then with Scottish football :ninja:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What was the problem then with Scottish football :ninja:

I think it boiled down to Rangers and Celtic but to be honest it wasn't really clear and no-one cared.

I may be wrong but I thought that claims of a swimming pool were fabricated by others and imposed on Walter. I also tend to believe that he does have a well-paid job, hangs out at posh restaurants and travels to exotic destinations to see wee men, smaller than himself, scoot about on fast bikes. However, his desperation to make everyone aware of (and be impressed by) these points marked him out as a very sad individual.

I didn't/don't mind Shaun at all. Funnily, like Therapist, his eagerness to be accepted brought on a lot of animosity. He seemed to know it but couldn't help himself.

I remember the therapist telling me, from a poolside, sipping cocktails, in Dubai, the name and model of his dishwasher, top of the range, and I had to turn around in my kitchen to see who made mine. He was very detailed.

I P Knightley

It went like this:

Definitely rather listen to Lawson then Alan Green.

I P Knightley

I remember the therapist telling me, from a poolside, sipping cocktails, in Dubai, the name and model of his dishwasher, top of the range, and I had to turn around in my kitchen to see who made mine. He was very detailed.

I've got a SMEG.

Or it might be a Siemens.

Something puerile but it cooks food really well cos it gets all hot on the inside and everything.

The White Cockade

I've got a SMEG.

Something puerile but it cooks food really well cos it gets all hot on the inside and everything.

your dishwasher cooks food?

boil in the bag dinners. my pal's grandad used to make them in a hot tub in his attic.

Edited by 2NaFish

I've got a SMEG.

Two brand names that make me chuckle, but your meant to scrap off food before washing things or it clogs up the drain.

I P Knightley

Haha - in my pursuit of comedy genius, I missed the minor detail. Eff knows why I translated "dishwasher" into "oven" in your post.

If I'd read properly, I could have combined 'SMEG', 'salty', 'good rinse' and 'steamy' in a much better reply.

Say What Again

To be fair I know the make and model of mine too.

Marigold, Size: L

:(