your Jukebox wonder hit

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

I am sure we have all walked up to a jukebox and thought "right, I'll get them with this one"....

What would be your obscure hit you'd fire on the jukebox that would get folk thinking "what was that one"

Mine is the classic by America - Horse with No Name...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM

Horse With No Name isn't too obscure.

Not obscure but when I used to drink in The Antiquary in the 80's my first choice every visit to the juke box was Shot By Both Sides by Magazine.

Libertonian_II

Not that clever at posting video, but I'd go for the Mike Post Coalition's "Afternoon of the Rhino". I wasn't into Northern Soul but this one fired the rockets for some reason. Think it made no. 47 in the charts of the day

The Future's Maroon

Not obscure but when I used to drink in The Antiquary in the 80's my first choice every visit to the juke box was Shot By Both Sides by Magazine.

Its not so much now because of Breaking Bad to be fair (lol), no-one really remembered it before then in my opinion but I get what your saying.

Another I like to chuck on is January, by Pilot (good Edinburgh Band too)

Not an obscure one really, but Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden is one I would choose. Cracking tube, and at about 13 minutes long, you'd get your money's worth.

Not that obscure for me but brilliant!!

Generation thing I guess. Very few from my generation know it and most are puzzled by what song it is and who sings it. Lemmy on bass too.

Generation thing I guess. Very few from my generation know it and most are puzzled by what song it is and who sings it. Lemmy on bass too.

Lemmy sung it too.

Lemmy sung it too.

I thought he was just backing vocals. You sure he's lead? Doesn't really sound like him. Stand to be corrected though.

Hahaha that statement makes me feel old....and as said it is Lemmy on vocals too!

I thought he was just backing vocals. You sure he's lead? Doesn't really sound like him. Stand to be corrected though.

scott herbertson

One of the best gigs I saw

magastoria.JPG

J.T.F.Robertson

There is nothing obscure posted on this thread(IMO)

If it's genuinely obscure, it wouldn't be in any jukebox. No-one would be playing it.

The White Cockade

not that obscure

but every time I hear this i'm taken back to Tynie in the late 70's

they played this every week

bovril, pie and the smell from the brewery

never watched Crocodile Dundee then?

Probably. But certainly not since its release as it was pap. Guess the only good thing about it was that song. Thanks for the tidbit of info though. :thumbsup:

Some of these suggestions for obscure tracks are a bit of a moot point if you can't find them on the jukebox!

I generally stick on something that isn't obscure but a classic e.g. 9 minutes of Freebird.

wentworth jambo

Can I have 2 selections :

The Snake by Al Wilson (good old Northern Soul tune)

and

Safety dance by Men Without Hats (just a weird but strangely catchy 80's electropop song)

The Future's Maroon

Mungo Jerry's Lady Rose

Pretty sure I have posted that one already (or was going too), not that its my own choice but someone in my local chucks it on EVERY Saturday/Sunday when he is in!

Also, maybe I used the word obsure wrongly...but still some cracking tunes coming out in this thread :bucktooth:

Archived