H1b5 flag at Scotland vs Germany game

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

I saw in the papers today a picture of the Germany vs Scotland game and in the crowd was a big Saltire - with a H1b5 badge on it.

It read Easter Road Tartan Army for club and country.

I had always thought there was an unwritten rule of the road that Scotland fans left their club football behind when they went to internationals.

Anybody else think this is just OFF?

Said abomination can be seen here on the left -

Bw9PvlaIIAETs-e.jpg

Is it now cool to cover the national flag in club colours for Internationals?

Oh and I am aware this is yet another anti H1b5 thread (my first ever I think) but let me make this clear - I like Scotland but hate H1b5 and their horrendous fans. Their trampy fans booing Ian Black in a Scotland shirt at Easter Road and now them dragging and flaunting their revolting presence along to Scotland matches

What is wrong with these people?.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Saw a blue CCFC flag at the Wales game, & England fans regularly display flags with their clubs on them. I don't think it's worth worrying about.

EDIT: A "Glasgow Man City" flag is worse. :vrface:

thisismystorythisismysong

Expressing your club side or geographical location is a great tradition whilst following the national side...it's demonstrates the support from all over the country and shows regardless of who you support or where your from together we follow the national side as one.

Expressing your club side or geographical location is a great tradition whilst following the national side...it's demonstrates the support from all over the country and shows regardless of who you support or where your from together we follow the national side as one.

Fair comment, actually.

I am sure I have seen references to English clubs and Towns on England flags. Also an Inverness/Tartan army reference on one on the last Scotland TV game. :2thumbsup:

queensferryjambo

I am sure I have seen references to English clubs and Towns on England flags. Also an Inverness/Tartan army reference on one on the last Scotland TV game. :2thumbsup:

So because England fans do it that makes it cool?

Did the Inverness flag have an Inverness Caledonian Thistle club badge on it? Or did it just say Inverness?

queensferryjambo

Expressing?

That may well be the case but sticking club crests and badges on Scotland flags is not and has never been a tradition at Scotland games . Wearing club shirts is another thing I have never seen. The vast majority wear Scotland shirts when I have been to Scotland games.

The People's Chimp

I'm with the OP. It was always (I thought) a TA unwritten rule that club sides - certainly the bigger ones - were 'left at home.'

It was always (I thought) a TA unwritten rule that club sides - certainly the bigger ones - were 'left at home.'

definitely my experience back in the day. anyone bringing up their big (SPL) club allegiance was only asking for a slagging from the hard core.

on an early trip to italy i saw a couple of teuchters tearing into a young bawsac sporting his Rangers top at a game, nae club colours was the code. England obviously do it differently.

Pretty sure it's a big.thing in England.

Not sure about that, I've only ever seen the flag of St George displayed with Town/city names printed thereon and not any club names.

MacDonald Jardine

Are Scotland and England the only fans that deface their national flags?

serious question.

You see a lot of German flags like that now. Dutch too I think.

Supporting Scotland along with hibs tramps and other diddy club supporters.

:facepalm:

Not supporting your own country because you're a petty arse.

Not supporting your own country because you're a petty arse.

Bantering with arseholes who think that OF players are the be all and end all of Scottish football.

Embarrassing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't have a problem with it. Love Scotland, it's my nation, just as it is Hibs fans nation, even Celtic and Rangers fans are welcome. Scotland might be shite, might not include Hearts players but don't see that as a reason to turn all bitter on the homeland.

Guest C00l K1d

Not sure about that, I've only ever seen the flag of St George displayed with Town/city names printed thereon and not any club names.

You see it quite a lot on the tv/media when they take pictures of England crowds.

Tends to be lower league clubs though. Sometimes not with crest but with something like LEEDS FC ON TOUR. etc

queensferryjambo

Don't have a problem with it. Love Scotland, it's my nation, just as it is Hibs fans nation, even Celtic and Rangers fans are welcome. Scotland might be shite, might not include Hearts players but don't see that as a reason to turn all bitter on the homeland.

I love Scotland.

However I always thought that the Scotland fans had something special going on at International games compared to other nations. For years the fans have kept it all about the National Team rather than diluting it down with club football - like other nations (which has been pointed out).

Also as stated earlier the fact that it is H1b5 fans who have done it allows me as a Hearts supporter to be more petty about it than usual :)

King Of The Cat Cafe

At least it is Hibs fans associating with the flag of their own country as a change from a flag of some other country.

Arnold Rothstein

Bantering with arseholes who think that OF players are the be all and end all of Scottish football.

Embarrassing.

Aye, the Scotland team is rammed with OF players just now.......

Aye, the Scotland team is rammed with OF players just now.......

It was when I was a kid.

To the expense of very good Hearts players.

south morroccan

Club names often incorporated. Got very confused with one saying NF FC

Perhaps that was the point though!

Konrad von Carstein

It was when I was a kid.

To the expense of very good Hearts players.

This is the main reason for my disinterest in the national team, Roxburgh, Brown strangled it with their team selections and dire performances, has to be said that it wasn't just Hearts players who suffered...the ginger chap has some ground to make up too!

You'll see a range of club names and club crests on their flags from the EPL down to the diddy teams.

manaliveits105

Only seems to be some hubz and sheep who cant leave their clubs at home everyone else abides with the unwritten rule .The ER flagcrowd are embarassing jakeys

will-i-am-a-jambo

Yes I made the mistake of wearing a Hearts top to my first ever Scotland away trip, the Morocco game at France 98. I was a silly wee laddie then, I'll never forget the dogs abuse I got for that, hard lesson learned! Had to go skins for the rest of that game as I was so scared I'd get battered. I don't see it as an issue personally but I can understand why some people do!

This is the main reason for my disinterest in the national team, Roxburgh, Brown strangled it with their team selections and dire performances, has to be said that it wasn't just Hearts players who suffered...the ginger chap has some ground to make up too!

I hated qualifying for major tournaments consistently under Roxburgh and Brown. Hated it. :(

Konrad von Carstein

I hated qualifying for major tournaments consistently under Roxburgh and Brown. Hated it. :(

Me too :(

They were still cocks though :)

I've been on a few trips with the ERTA but I've stayed well clear of the flag. It has caused a few to complain at the game/hotel/square etc and I think a few of the Scotland message boards have bumped their gums about it. There is never much club football talk on the trips anyway.

You see it quite a lot on the tv/media when they take pictures of England crowds.

Tends to be lower league clubs though. Sometimes not with crest but with something like LEEDS FC ON TOUR. etc

The incident in question is also a lower league club.

Aside from funnies, is anybody really upset at this? I appreciate debate doesn't mean you are outraged but seriously, I can't see what is so controversial.

Don't see an issue with it myself

I'd assume the other members of the TA would appreciate it too, the moment they see a flag with the Hibs badge they'll know to avoid the jakey feckers

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Aside from funnies, is anybody really upset at this? I appreciate debate doesn't mean you are outraged but seriously, I can't see what is so controversial.

Folk getting pulled up by Tartan Army "foot soldiers" for wearing club colours, ffs! :lol:

The guy in the Scotland White top with the stripes it's his flag his name is Ronnie die hard Hibby and good lad, they are the church of Maridona group they go to every Scotland match home & away. He is the guy that won the car down at Wembely at the penalty shoot out.

It used to be English fans had club names on theirs flags and the Scottish flags had Pub names on theirs..

Archived