Amy bloody Winehouse

i8hibsh

As far as I am aware Winehouse spends her own money on drugs

Money she earned

She pays for her own rehab (or not rehab depending)

She is not out there mugging grannies to feed her habit, and nor is Docherty

The problem with narcotics is not with those who can afford them, but those who cannot

If Winehouse chooses to poison herself with drugs she can afford, really- so what?

And if kids are so DUMB they want to emulate that, well, thats the parents fault for raising sheep not kids

To be honest I find her less ahrmful than the vacuous celebrity element of the media - JAde Goody, danielle LLoyd et al encouraging kids to have no aspirations except hollow fame and cosmetic surgery and getting laid by someone famous

Frankly I'd rather my kids were smoking crack than selling stories to NOTW about BJing Allan Smith in a hotel toilet before a footie game or being bonked by Callum Best

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I start he graft at 3pm, so I cannie hang on here too long (I get he feeling this thread could run and run!)

With the money Docherty makes, comes the responsibility.

QUOTE]

What a load of crap.

Because he sells records he should aspire to be a role model.??

If you look to Musicians for moral guidance your an idiot.

The issue is not what Doherty or Winehouse get up to in their spare time. The issue is with the media's obsessive campaigns to out these people as morally repugnant, in an hysterical fashion which the general public (the ones stupid enough to buy the dross) seem to lap up. The hypocritical *****e that they spout to generate disgust, when at the same time use them again and again because they make good copy is the most disgraceful thing in the whole situation.

As for being a fan. I do enjoy his music. I also think that he is a bit of an idiot and would'nt choose myself to go to that kind of excess.

So it isn't about taking drugs per se then, rather which kind and how many?

There is maybe some truth in that Boris, aye.

I'll revisit this thread when I get in at 1 the morns morning, as I say, this could run and run.

There is maybe some truth in that Boris, aye.

I'll revisit this thread when I get in at 1 the morns morning, as I say, this could run and run.

Better stock up on the amphetamines then.....:P

BTW, I have no time for skag heads and fwiw I think Doherty is a tube, but the outrage levelled at these people is somewhat disproportionate imho, given what other troubles this country currently has.

Poverty

Homelessness

War

Education (lack of)

Anti social behaviour/lack of respect

to name a few.

The People's Chimp
Better stock up on the amphetamines then.....:P

BTW, I have no time for skag heads and fwiw I think Doherty is a tube, but the outrage levelled at these people is somewhat disproportionate imho, given what other troubles this country currently has.

Poverty

Homelessness

War

Education (lack of)

Anti social behaviour/lack of respect

to name a few.

Indeed. The first of the above, namely poverty, is what leads the majority of addicts into a spiral of addiction and crime. That is also tied into education and the lack of choice, or of options for many in this society.

the last two, ASBO culture, and education, are again, referred to above by Dr jambo and the ludicrous celebrity culture which makes 'names' out of halfwitted non-entities like the disgusting jade goody and the racist lloyd, who, bizarrely, or not so bizarrely once fame and fortune are taken into account, is now dating a black footballer.

But ASBO culture in itself is part of the problem. The whole thing s ludicrous, labels young people criminals before they've even left school and is a hopelessly botched attempt at being seen to be hard on crime, which really only leads to a cycle of repeat offending. In england there are people getting asbo's for sleeping rough, notching up three such asbos, getting jailed for it and then coming out of jail with a drug problem. There are no amy winehouse albums in jail.

Snake Plissken
Her and that Dr Who lookalike ruined 'Valerie'.

Buffalo Bill

Amen.

I agree. She trashed Valerie. She is over rated as a singer. She has a face like a skelped puppy. I much prefer that other young English singer, I just wish I could remember her name. The one from Devon or Portsmouth or somewhere.

5cum

relax, its not your life she is wasting, or indeed anyone but her own

Arty type in substance problem shocker

Hell even Travis popped Es

I P Knightley
I agree. She trashed Valerie. She is over rated as a singer. She has a face like a skelped puppy. I much prefer that other young English singer, I just wish I could remember her name. The one from Devon or Portsmouth or somewhere.

Joss Stone? The loopy hippy chick?

dannyprecious
relax, its not your life she is wasting, or indeed anyone but her own

Arty type in substance problem shocker

Hell even Travis popped Es

5cum

515ND3MYB1L._AA240_.jpg

I just like saying the word!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Anyone else sick to the back teeth of hearing about this 'troubled' wench

I am actually at the stage where I could not give a monkey's if she did overdose etc

stop seeking attention you moron, get back to the music studio, and get back to work you lazy irresponsible t@rt

Oh and grow up!

Refuse to purchase any of her work, all that does is simply fund her drug habit.

If i cant afford my own, im certainly not helping pay for hers!;)

Turning the argument on it's head, if she as indeed getting "ripped", do you think it's right a junkie should be put on national tv for the entertainment of the public?

Only if they are also handicapped and have bad AIDS.

Seconded.

Joss Stone - thats the one. I didn't know she has gone bonkers. Better singer than Winehouse though.

dannyprecious
Joss Stone - thats the one. I didn't know she has gone bonkers. Better singer than Winehouse though.

yeah, she'd died her hair all different colours and got these weird tattoos!

and she is a much better singer than winehouse!

Joss stone is hot tho

Archived