IT'S IN THE TREES... IT'S COMING!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Some voice though, eh? Operatic standard. Also, did she not write Wuthering Heights at something ridiculous like sixteen years old?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Wuthering Heights takes me back to when I was a toddler.

Classic song.

Kate Bush shares a birthday with Emily Bronte ( 30th July ) the author of Wuthering Heights and it is said to have led her to the author and so the song. I learned that piece of information at a play in the Fringe called Cutting off Kate Bush for anyone interested.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Singing, IMO.

You're winding me up, aye? You think she's not a good singer? Kate Bush?

Did you mean, to say, you don't like her voice?

Geoff Kilpatrick

You're winding me up, aye? You think she's not a good singer? Kate Bush?

Did you mean, to say, you don't like her voice?

Both

Kate Bush is tremendous and I'm pissed off that I haven't got a ticket for her concerts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Good heads up as I'll be in. Not my favourite and it was my era but certainly very talented. Classic songs. So different from mainstream.

Not sure about the comeback. But if she wants to do it and she's ready it should be good. Wish her well and well done to those buying tickets.

Have never been able to cope with the noise which comes from Kate Bush, I appreciate some like it and even find it tuneful but it just grates on me, sorry ....

Running Up That Hill is a classic 80s production sort of a song. Brilliant.

Really like her nineties/noughties albums - and am also gutted I don't have a ticket for the gigs. Going for up to a grand on the ticket rebuy sites.

Silvery_Moon

Running Up That Hill is a classic 80s production sort of a song. Brilliant.

Really like her nineties/noughties albums - and am also gutted I don't have a ticket for the gigs. Going for up to a grand on the ticket rebuy sites.

Agreed. It was also used as the theme tune for an 80's CBBC series 'Running Scared'. Really takes me back.

It had Burnside from the bill in it and used to scare the crap out of me.

Edited by Hearts in Art

Just seen the "Rocket Man" cover on BBC - first time heard this.

Think the crowds at concerts are in for a treat if can bring that voice.

Not really a fan of her and her music but I'm kinda glad she is around doing her own thing and generally existing outside the mainstream and doing well with it.

Buffalo Bill

I think she's magnificent. Watched the BBC3 documentary last night. As someone said, Wuthering Heights reminds me of being a (very young) kid, watching this strange woman on TV. I also remember 'Running Scared' :D

Agreed. It was also used as the theme tune for an 80's CBBC series 'Running Scared'. Really takes me back.

It had Burnside from the bill in it and used to scare the crap out of me.

Was that the one when the bad guys were trying to get a pair of glasses back or something that they kept referring to as 'bins'?

I've always been scared that there's a Kate Bush in my cupboard at night. Imagine that coming out to get you.

I'm with Geoff. Couple of good tunes but I'm not a big fan if her voice.

I've always been scared that there's a Kate Bush in my cupboard at night. Imagine that coming out to get you.

I'm with Geoff. Couple of good tunes but I'm not a big fan if her voice.

Figures.

Fantastic all round performer , liked her from day one after my brother came home with Wuthering Heights. She was my guilty secret for years through the late 70's when I had her posters stuck onto the back of my Punk concert posters so my mates wouldn't take the piss. Totally gutted not to get a chance to see her this time around. Got a funny feeling this would have been my one and only chance.Ah well these are the breaks.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Listening to a squawking female, no thanks !

She also must be around a hunner years auld. Can see Mothys infatuation, its no secret he likes a Grey auld bush.

Anyone else love Kate Bush?

Amazing song writer and singer.

:wub:

Really enjoyed the BBC programme and then the BBC performances on Friday

Very impressed. Altogether some great material Never really a fan as it happened but quite impressed by her and her songs. Spoke really well and clearly very focussed and hard working.

bigladatthebackpost

She's evidently pretty divisive, but I love her. Unique and unbending to trend, with a captivating voice and poetic lyrics.

But I would say that, because I love her.

Did I mention that I love her? And have tickets to see her in London?

I LOVE HER.

Listening to a squawking female, no thanks !

She also must be around a hunner years auld. Can see Mothys infatuation, its no secret he likes a Grey auld bush.

Biddy fiddler?

• 2 months later...

So what's 'Running Up That Hill' about then? The verses sound like it's about some bursd wanting to switch bodies with her boyfriend so she knows what it feels like and vice versa, but then you get to the chorus and she's running up trees and buildings and shit. :unsure:

Maroonblood22

Weirdly fascinating watching that Wuthering Heights video, she seems like a bizarre individual but I don't think anyone can argue that she had / has a unique voice, just might not be to folks tastes. Love Running Up That Hill though, the Placebo cover from a few years back was cracking as well!

'Mon the Bush!

Edited by Maroonblood22

• 5 years later...