***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

:yas:

Here it is. The day we find out just what this revival is all about.

Would I settle for a draw? I don't know. I'll go with 4-2 to us though. Is that bold or realistic? Feck alone knows.

Hot since 86

Got a bit of a 'down to earth' feel this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Agree sadly. Will still be there tho, love beating they ***** in Glasgow and wouldn't risk missing it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Woke up this morning feeling excited about this game. Mind you, that could change as we are doing our tax returns beforehand. :vrface:

tartofmidlothian in before anyone else as usual. Hates to start a thread that boy.

Anyway I'll be happy with at least a draw, anyone who says different is a pap.

Would I **** take a draw.

Correct! Only a win will do! I will be disappointed otherwise!

If we win we must not get carried away.

If we lose we must not panic.

From what I've seen of Hearts and Rangers so far, we should win comfortably.

..but the fact its the first match of the season says to me that it could be a bit of a lottery.

Hearts to win 2-0. Sow and King.

Well done Tart for getting us rolling this season. Don't wish to be pedantic but shouldn't the title be amended to The Rangers?

Anyway, I must be a pap as I will be very disappointed with a draw. I expect us to be severely tested for the first 20 minutes but if we survive that we will go on to win.

Ozturk key player for me. Also expect to see some dazzle from us.

Ocean of maroon

Keep it tight first 15 minutes and we should be able to do well. Smash and grab 1-0 win for me, Wilson to score from a set-piece then get sent off minutes later a la Handling.

Would I **** take a draw.

This. Accepting a draw as a good result is exactly the shite attitude that causes us to come away from Glasgow empty handed so often. Let's beat them and announce ourselves as serious title contenders. I hope we destroy them.

Maiden Gorgie

I cannae sleep! Think the "down to earth" comment may turn out to be true, but I've got a good feeling about the season ahead.

Sod the world cup real fitba is back.

Should really try and get some shut eye though

Maroon Memories

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world given we would have equal points. Keeping any gap close is the name of the game over the course of the season. I do think we are capable of getting all 3 points though.

I'm not concerned with the result. It's more important to get cohesion and be organised. We can lose our first 4 games and still win the league so we don't actually need to win. All I want is a performance that builds confidence and belief.

This is our hardest game of the season given the opposition, venue, our new manager and 8 new signings and people are declining a draw? The ridiculously high expectations of our fan base never ceases to amaze me.

Jambo, Goodbye

I'm not concerned with the result. It's more important to get cohesion and be organised. We can lose our first 4 games and still win the league so we don't actually need to win. All I want is a performance that builds confidence and belief.

This is our hardest game of the season given the opposition, venue, our new manager and 8 new signings and people are declining a draw? The ridiculously high expectations of our fan base never ceases to amaze me.

Declining a draw is placing a ridiculously high expectation?

We're gonna win, deal with it ;)

cmon the famous give them a hammering and let them know that we are here to win the league, crush h1bs every game and look good whilst doing it.

Working today, not going to see or hear any of the game...

but my god this game will be playing in my mind...

I would love it if we controlled the game start to finish and walked away with an easy win..

In truth, ill take any sort of win..

My head says, 2-2

My heart says, 2-1 Hearts....

COME ON HEARTS....

I can see us taking a pounding for the first 20 minutes, if we survive that without losing a goal or a player I reckon it's ours for the taking.

Make no mistake about it Rangers are coming out to make a statement today, we need to be absolute top form with a bit of luck to go with it.

Whoever is on Boyd needs to stop him turning onto his right foot anywhere inside 20 yards. If he is allowed to do that he will score.

Really up for this, can't wait to see how far we have come and how last season has improved the young players.

Fxxx the SPFL

I think the weather will have a massive bearing on the outcome and it will be whoever deals with it the best, forecasting heavy rain and strong winds usually hinders any form of free flowing football. (try saying that quickly)

Yes a win would be great and a good marker to put down but a draw would not be a bad result and we will be above the Hobbits after next sunday.

We've been shite away from home for years yet folk think we'll win at a ground we seldom win at :D

Hope I am doing this right, never replied to a specific post before! What I want to say neilnunb is.....that was then, this is now. I know TRFC will up their game today against us but still hoping for a win. Any win. C'mon Robbie and the boys we are all right behind you.

It's the first game if the season, even if we get beat we still play them another 3 times (twice at Tynecastle). We may as well go all out for the 3 points.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's the first game if the season, even if we get beat we still play them another 3 times (twice at Tynecastle). We may as well go all out for the 3 points.

Play for a draw and we will lose.

The way to beat this lot is to make our fitness count. Keep possession and make them chase us. Their old legs won't carry them.

2-1 HMFC

I think the weather will have a massive bearing on the outcome and it will be whoever deals with it the best, forecasting heavy rain and strong winds usually hinders any form of free flowing football. (try saying that quickly)

Yes a win would be great and a good marker to put down but a draw would not be a bad result and we will be above the Hobbits after next sunday.

Entirely this. Weather teh storm, essentially, and then concentrate like ****. :thumbsup:

Hopeful we'll win. Will depend how we deal with the occasion. Rangers will be well up for this, so will their fans and a few of our players haven't played in that kind of atmosphere before.

a draw would be decent.

michael_bolton

I've only seen us against Annan and I haven't seen them at all. Still, got quite a bad 'down to earth with a bump' feeling about this.

You never know.

The sevco won't know what hit them with our fine quality passing game , they are a bunch of headless chucks. They will give us a few elbows and kicks of course. Temps will be flakin it.

2-1 us.

Guest GhostHunter

I see Fat Sally is back to being as arrogant as he always was in the SPL.

?And if I?m a player or a manager at Falkirk, Queen of the South or Dumbarton, then it is Christmas because this is the best league the majority of these boys will ever play in.?

marshallschunkychicken

?And if I?m a player or a manager at Falkirk, Queen of the South or Dumbarton, then it is Christmas because this is the best league the majority of these boys will ever play in.?

Good. Hopefully this gives these teams the impetus they need to really shoot for rangers when it's their turn.

Chris Benoit

The guy's a ******* arsehole but this does show how ignorant he's been in his preparation this season. I mean to include Falkirk for one who've been in Premier League recently. There's a fair few players in the Dumbarton squad who have played in top division and even Jim McIntyre at QOTS managed Dunfermline in the Prem.

Jambof3tornado

Right now I dont want to settle for a draw. If we start badly and are under the cosh for 45 minutes I reserve the right to be happy with an away win.

that said we have improved our team dramatically, sevco have signed 2 players that can score goals if allowed to play, so get in their faces and stop them playing. It wont take much for the loyal orcs to turn on fat sallys team.

2 nil Hearts.

Hearts win. Hopefully no injuries or red cards, but there almost certainly will be. :(

I suppose that depends on who the ref is.

Archived