ISIS

wibble

alwaysthereinspirit

We should do a pool to guess who'll be the first to stand up for them on here. Misunderstood freedom fighters or some like description.

Boaby Ewing

Ulysses - Vice, the self-hating hipster magazine turned increasingly impressive (if still sometimes somewhat juvenile and meta) foreign reporting outfit - got one of their correspondents embedded with the fanatics formerly known as ISIS (in Syria).

It's a huge scoop for them. They're releasing five short videos over the next few days.

3fingersreid

What puzzles me is how with all the spy satellites flying about how they managed to conceal their armaments before they started the war they're waging and also has the Iraqi army not got the stomach for the fight?

Do they have anti-aircraft capability?

Hopefully the current air strikes will completely neuter them since most of their equipment is stolen and not easily replaced.

Some of the images and videos going online are pure evil right up there with Khmer Rouge and Idi Amin. Horrifying.

Ulysses - Vice, the self-hating hipster magazine turned increasingly impressive (if still sometimes somewhat juvenile and meta) foreign reporting outfit - got one of their correspondents embedded with the fanatics formerly known as ISIS (in Syria).

It's a huge scoop for them. They're releasing five short videos over the next few days.

They are already available online on the liveleak.com website (some of the stuff on there not for the faint hearted).

Bindy Badgy

I didn't look. Before I do, what do you mean by "great video"?

I switched it off after a few minutes. It showed one bloke about to be executed (video cut before the trigger was pulled) and a few heads mounted on posts.

I'm sure it's very informative but I can do without having that stuff in my head.

I hope the camera man has a very good therapist.

What a ******* mess we've created :vrface:

First with the invasion of Iraq and then with our support of the 'Syrian Opposition'.

Would be astonished if the chickens didn't come home to roost at some point in the near future in the form of a terrorist attack in the west.

Adam Murray

What a ******* mess we've created :vrface:

First with the invasion of Iraq and then with our support of the 'Syrian Opposition'.

Would be astonished if the chickens didn't come home to roost at some point in the near future in the form of a terrorist attack in the west.

Aye, cause there's been none of them before

alwaysthereinspirit

**** sake.

Religion eh?

This is not even close to being a religious issue in the main. This is pure hatred for all who may or may not be different from them and they're crazy beliefs.

Aye, cause there's been none of them before

Did I say that like? :lol:

For anyone who has basic comprehension skills I would say it's pretty obvious I was referring to a terrorist attack from someone affiliated with ISIS. A group who wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful if we hadn't invaded Iraq and toppled Sadam Hussein or provided monetary and military support to Syrians fighting against the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

If you'd disagree with any of that I'd be interested to know why.

Guest C00l K1d

This is not even close to being a religious issue in the main. This is pure hatred for all who may or may not be different from them and they're crazy beliefs.

Dunno like.

Seems all the fundamental beliefs of this group stem from religious extremism and a horrible interpretation of the Quran

Dagger Is Back

Dunno like.

Seems all the fundamental beliefs of this group stem from religious extremism and a horrible interpretation of the Quran

I'd agree with this. What a crazy messed up world we live in. Wanting their own State, fair enough but this is far more than that. These fanatics won't rest until they've spread death and destruction throughout the world. The way they've got these kids hooked is hugely disturbing. What a **** up mankind has made of things.

alwaysthereinspirit

Dunno like.

Once you start killing people of your like religion then all bets are off as far as it being all about religion. Crazy bar stewards are what they are.

Seem to be acting just like the various rebel groups/warlords that we've seen all over Africa and South America for donkeys years. Nothing but violent thugs out to cause mayhem for mayhem's sake.

Guest C00l K1d

Once you start killing people of your like religion then all bets are off as far as it being all about religion. Crazy bar stewards are what they are.

True. Although is it not more down to them not going with how they interpret the quran?

They'd probably be disgusted by the way western Muslims live their life.

I think religion is a huge factor here, chucked in with greed/power the usual.

Are these guys the new al qaeda?

What happens if they do establish their own state?

It's not going to stop there imo. It's like they just can't accept that everyone has different ways of life and feel they must attack non believers. It can't go on like this.

The Old Tolbooth

That's the way I see it too, these people are crazed, they're absolutely 100% committed to their cause, and they've given up absolutely everything to get behind it and will stop at nothing to achieve it, the brainwashing from such young ages is disturbing and these people are to be taken seriously, they're even talking about taking over Turkey in the video to turn the water supply back on, that would just be another country caught up in this sorry mess.

Sunni vs Shiite, catholic vs protestant, it's all about group dominance wrapped up in a cloak of religious camouflage.

I can't stand it.

ArcticJambo

Part one looks generic. Part two seems to focus on one group with little apparent support - extremist nutjobs who are not supported by the general populace is my guess ('reporting' is propaganda but unbeknowst to that group it's not helping them).

Heads on fence poles in public places - pure medi-evil shit that.

Did I say that like? :lol:

For anyone who has basic comprehension skills I would say it's pretty obvious I was referring to a terrorist attack from someone affiliated with ISIS. A group who wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful if we hadn't invaded Iraq and toppled Sadam Hussein or provided monetary and military support to Syrians fighting against the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

If you'd disagree with any of that I'd be interested to know why.

The west has made it very easy for Isis to recruit members from a population who has seen their country go from 'relatively' peaceful to utter chaos since the west got involved. Of course Saddam was a nutter and certain groups were persecuted, but under western occupation the life of a citizen would have been turned upside down. The civilian casualty numbers (250,000) would suggest that nearly everyone has lost family members.

It takes a troubled mind to declare jihad and swear allegiance to the cause. Many of those troubled minds have been created as a direct consequence of the invasion of Iraq and the dabbling of the CIA etc in others countries business.

Thunderstruck

Did someone say that even AQ considers this mob to be nutters?

It would be interesting to see if the US and Iran unite in the aim of eradicating this evil.

I have commented before and will say again I knew that the U.S. would pay for leaving all those armaments in Iraq. I love the trained fighters abusing their tank doing wheelies, and the guy with the heavy machine gun firing it straight up in the air supposedly at a plane. The old priniple of what goes up must come down I am sure does prevail, I wonder if anyone ever gets hit by the falling shells.

The one thing about getting old is you can always say Aye I have seen it all before. The fanatical adults telling the wee boys how brave they are going to be in victory, they don't seem to say but we may not win and you will all be deid, and in Glasgow trying to find a virgin never mind a a bunch of them. It would be good if they could see some film of Munich from 1936 to 1945, world beaters there also, Sadam Hussein and his media man,centuries of promises of glory to young men who only get wounds physical and mental, or death.

The Old Tolbooth

Sunni vs Shiite, catholic vs protestant, it's all about group dominance wrapped up in a cloak of religious camouflage.

I can't stand it.

I'm the same, all over an imaginary god :facepalm:

What puzzles me is how with all the spy satellites flying about how they managed to conceal their armaments before they started the war they're waging and also has the Iraqi army not got the stomach for the fight?

:laugh: In fairness, they didn't just turn up from nowhere! I think the people who's job it is to know about this sort of nonsense were aware of all the developments.

And yet strangely enough they still can't compete with the mexican drug cartels for savagery.

There's videos of the mexicans flaying concious people, attacking them with chainsaws etc. Heads in public places are an every day occurrence.

Although I'm not blaming USA, as they aren't the ones doing it, the carnage that the 'war on drugs' is causing is probably much worse than their 'war on terror'

I know they mostly have good intentions but they just seem to make everything worse that they get involved in.

I will always love and respect USA for putting a man on the moon alone, but they need to stick to that kind of thing and stop interfering with everyones else's business.

And yet strangely enough they still can't compete with the mexican drug cartels for savagery.

There's videos of the mexicans flaying concious people, attacking them with chainsaws etc. Heads in public places are an every day occurrence.

Although I'm not blaming USA, as they aren't the ones doing it, the carnage that the 'war on drugs' is causing is probably much worse than their 'war on terror'

I know they mostly have good intentions but they just seem to make everything worse that they get involved in.

I will always love and respect USA for putting a man on the moon alone, but they need to stick to that kind of thing and stop interfering with everyones else's business.

The trouble is though, like those Yazidis stranded on the mountain and surrounded by Isis, people expect America to intervene.

The trouble is though, like those Yazidis stranded on the mountain and surrounded by Isis, people expect America to intervene.

There are undoubtedly problems with America policing the world and they have made some terrible mistakes due to a combination of anger after 9/11 and through protecting their own interests at the expense of others.

But I think a neutral America would spawn more problems than an intervening America currently creates.

As one American commentator suggested (I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember where I heard it)..,

"The world is fed up of America playing Whack-a-mole every time a problem appears because of the mess they leave behind. Obama seems increasingly reluctant to intervene, especially in the Middle East, so people telling the USA to mind it's own business may soon get to see the consequences of non-intervention whenever the next bunch of fanatics pops up. And it may well be that they will learn to be more careful what they wish for".

How is that not even close to being a religious issue? That's exactly what it is.

alwaysthereinspirit

How is that not even close to being a religious issue? That's exactly what it is.

I wrote "in the main" due to the fact they kill people of their own religion for the crime of not wanting to be a f*****g nut job like them. To me that means its not 100% religion.

• 2 weeks later...

IS behead American journalist held captured for 12 months and video it for all to see. Such nasty people I would stronger language but I'd get In bother again. What's with this lot, bloody thirsty savages that they feel the need to commit such atrocities. Madness complete and utter madness.

It's also reported they have "captured" another journalist.

IS behead American journalist held captured for 12 months and video it for all to see. Such nasty people I would stronger language but I'd get In bother again. What's with this lot, bloody thirsty savages that they feel the need to commit such atrocities. Madness complete and utter madness.

It's also reported they have "captured" another journalist.

They've threatened to behead another American journalist who was captured in Syria about a year ago if Obama doesn't end air strikes against their sites.

The executioner has a British accent

The whole thing is utterly vile.

Stewart MacD

The west has made it very easy for Isis to recruit members from a population who has seen their country go from 'relatively' peaceful to utter chaos since the west got involved. Of course Saddam was a nutter and certain groups were persecuted, but under western occupation the life of a citizen would have been turned upside down. The civilian casualty numbers (250,000) would suggest that nearly everyone has lost family members.

It takes a troubled mind to declare jihad and swear allegiance to the cause. Many of those troubled minds have been created as a direct consequence of the invasion of Iraq and the dabbling of the CIA etc in others countries business.

And John McTernan still denies that Blair/Bush have any responsibility for this!

Dagger Is Back

They've threatened to behead another American journalist who was captured in Syria about a year ago if Obama doesn't end air strikes against their sites.

The executioner has a British accent

The whole thing is utterly vile.

Looks like James Foley may have been executed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28862268

The Coalition invasion is only a small part of it. The fundamental problem is the lack of a democratic multicultural government with the support of Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds.

Saddam Hussein had more ability to govern the country, which he did through terror and genocide.Since sanctions didn't stop that, the "America have caused this" people should say what they would have done instead.

Archived