Hearts to get a seat on new UEFA Clubs exec ?

Boozyuzi

The G14 has been disbanded and it's getting replaced with a new European Clubs Association that will oversee clubs interests and make sure that UEFA are doing their best for the (big) clubs.

Anyhoo, places are allocated according to UEFA co-efficiants so Scotland will get 3 places as long as we stay in the top 15 in the rankings.

I wonder who the 3rd Scottish team will be and how the SFA/UEFA/Daily Record will decide who is getting it ? It should be us at the moment as we have the 3rd highest UEFA Co-efficiant.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=4096/newsid=648350.html

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/648367.pdf

Would Vlad want to have a seat a these meetings? ;)

Anyone in the Scottish media notice these things ?

Interesting...

Given that Campbell Ogilvie's already on some UEFA Committee or other, I' say we're in with a decent shout of a place.

The G14 has been disbanded and it's getting replaced with a new European Clubs Association that will oversee clubs interests and make sure that UEFA are doing their best for the (big) clubs.

Anyhoo, places are allocated according to UEFA co-efficiants so Scotland will get 3 places as long as we stay in the top 15 in the rankings.

I wonder who the 3rd Scottish team will be and how the SFA/UEFA/Daily Record will decide who is getting it ? It should be us at the moemnt as we have the 3rd hoghest UEFA Co-efficiant.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=4096/newsid=648350.html

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/648367.pdf

Would Vlad want to have a seat a these meetings? ;)

Good chance of us getting this... and if we do....would there be a chance of us being part of any new European structure?

Drylaw Hearts

As Hibs practically paved the way for British Clubs to play in European Competition it is only right they should get a spot.

:confused:

And don't forget the floodlights story either.

you can almost guarantee that it will be picked up on now you have posted that.... keep an eye out for the lazy journo who hands that in as his piece for tomorrows papers.

The point is that maybe a seat on this commitee may help to boost Vlad's ego and might encourage him to spend some cash.

Guest JamboRobbo
Would we want to have Vlad in our seat at these meetings? ;)

most definately not. The last thing we need is our relationship with UEFA turning the same as the one Vlad tried to cultivate with the SFA.

Campbell Ogilvie is the man for this.

Would Aberdeens' achievements this year not put us from 3rd to 4th in the rankings? I certainly hope not, but I'll be dammed if I ever work out how to calculate these things!

Guest JamboRobbo
Would Aberdeens' achievements this year not put us from 3rd to 4th in the rankings? I certainly hope not, but I'll be dammed if I ever work out how to calculate these things!

Right now, we are still above them.

If aberdeen somehow won another game and drew a game, they'd just about get above us.....two wins would definately do it

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2008.html

As Hibs practically paved the way for British Clubs to play in European Competition it is only right they should get a spot.

:confused:

And don't forget the floodlights story either.

Topped by our use of electronic advertising boards on Saturday!:)

If aberdeen somehow won another game and drew a game, they'd just about get above us.....two wins would definately do it

The interesting thing is Man Utd wouldn't get one as they are ranked fourth behind Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Prince Buaben

Were having a big argument about this at work, Celtic fan is saying Aberdeen are a bigger club than us

The interesting thing is Man Utd wouldn't get one as they are ranked fourth behind Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Ah - but England get five spots: Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd... and Newcastle.

... Which ain't going to happen against Bayern Munich: meaning it's us who'll get the spot for at least the next two years.

Were having a big argument about this at work, Celtic fan is saying Aberdeen are a bigger club than us

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he? Celtic hate Hearts, and vice versa - but Aberdeen hate Rangers, meaning Celtic fans may feel some sort of affinity towards them: or at least, favour them over us anyway. Personally, I've never believed the "third biggest club" debate to be cut and dried: there are more factors suggesting it's us than anyone else, but until we've done something really significant in Europe, and especially until we've overtaken their haul of major trophies won, they'll always have at least something of a claim. But a Celtic supporter isn't exactly an impartial adjudicator, I have to say!

Guest JamboRobbo
... Which ain't going to happen against Bayern Munich: meaning it's us who should get the spot for at least the next two years.

I've changed it a bit shaun, and I now agree with you. ;)

Aye, the potential of this 3rd seat is interesting.

On current coefficeint, it's Hearts but you're set to lose 2 big point scores over the next two seasons which'll put you on a par with...........Hibs.

Once you lose the first of those and given Europe is looking unlikely (through the league at least), it may be we over take you as soon as next season so you'd better hope the decision is made quick if it is done on this basis.

Personally, would make the decision on European success ;)

PS, I notice you have someting like 2.5 points for this season and we have gained similar points when also not in Europe, which suggests you gain points when not even participating in Euro competition. Anyone know how this is or works?

On current coefficeint, it's Hearts but you're set to lose 2 big point scores over the next two seasons which'll put you on a par with...........Hibs.

Once you lose the first of those and given Europe is looking unlikely (through the league at least), it may be we over take you as soon as next season so you'd better hope the decision is made quick if it is done on this basis.

PS, I notice you have someting like 2.5 points for this season and we have gained similar points when also not in Europe, which suggests you gain points when not even participating in Euro competition. Anyone know how this is or works?

Non-competing sides get a share of their association's coefficient. If they didn't, then someone like Villa or Man City - who haven't played in Europe for over five years - would find themselves unseeded in the first round, below the likes of us or Aberdeen!

Non-competing sides get a share of their association's coefficient. If they didn't, then someone like Villa or Man City - who haven't played in Europe for over five years - would find themselves unseeded in the first round, below the likes of us or Aberdeen!

It is one third of the country's co-efficient.

Guest JamboRobbo

There's a minimum amount by country that teams who didnae make it get given. It varies depending on how your countries other teams did that year.....

Just to clarify - there's no mention on how the Scottish places should be allocated only that Scotland would currently get 3 places. The Old Firm will (deservedly) get 2 places so that leaves 1 extra place - they may not use the co-efficiant at all.

Aberdeen may get it as they are the only other Scottish team to win a tournament but that would mean that they would have that forever as no other team is going to win one.

Aberdeen may get it as they are the only other Scottish team to win a tournament but that would mean that they would have that forever as no other team is going to win one.

The only fair way to do it, shirley?

its where we bide

your coefficient is made up of your clubs last 5 wins/draws points

AND

i beleive one third of our national coefficient(national team results and club average)

its where we bide
your coefficient is made up of your clubs last 5 yrs results in UEFA comp - wins/draws points

AND

i beleive one third of our national coefficient(national team results and club average)

meant 5 yrs ooopps lol

There is no indication that there any rules and guidelines on filling the seats. The SFA, in its wisdom, may decide on sending the President and two Vice-Presidents. Which would mean George Peat(Stenhousemuir), Campbell Ogilvie(Hearts) and Alan MacRae(Cove Rangers).

Archived