Garry O'Connor has a new club

letsalldothebeattie

letsalldothebeattie

Hibernian Football Club "Legend" and all round Junkie Garry O'Connor is going to be signing for Scottish Lowland League Side Selkirk Football Club!

How the mighty have fallen. In a way I'm not surprised. Like Riordan he wasted his talent.

gu8utuva.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heartsfc_fan

How the mighty have fallen. He won't be earning much playing there - how does he pay the bills etc?

letsalldothebeattie
How the mighty have fallen. He won't be earning much playing there - how does he pay the bills etc?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they get paid at that level. If they do it'll be very small wages

Even his new club have misspelt his name. His first name. Nobody would be stupid enough to get his surname wrong...

heartsfc_fan

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they get paid at that level. If they do it'll be very small wages

Yep I don't imagine it'd be much. ?100 a game of he's lucky. Surely he must be doing something else with himself to "live".

letsalldothebeattie

Yep I don't imagine it'd be much. ?100 a game of he's lucky. Surely he must be doing something else with himself to "live".

You would imagine he will be doing some form of part time work to pay bills etc

Waster who was destroyed 2 years ago in a cup final.

Loser then, clown and embarrassment of a human being now. lol

Gigolo-Aunt

If you never knew the story you would think he was using the training facilities and had an agreement that he could leave when a club comes in for him.

That ain't gonna happen though. Not one pro club in Scotland thought he was worth the hassle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Misunderstood this thought he had bought a new putter

Bit of a drive from his council gaff in North Berwick to Selkirk for training etc. a lot of petrol money. Must be getting a lot more than ?100/week. Maybe ?200 eh.

Fxxx the SPFL

I beleive Selkirk are coached by Steve Forrest who was with Hibs previously they have also signed six French lads. They are seemingly able to apply for funding through some scheme was speaking to a referee at my work who gave me the low down he didn't know all the info

Auld Reekin'

You would imagine he will be doing some form of part time work to pay bills etc

:indeed::oconnor: :usualbet: :justsayno:

Bit of a drive from his council gaff in North Berwick to Selkirk for training etc. a lot of petrol money. Must be getting a lot more than ?100/week. Maybe ?200 eh.

Selkirk train in Edinburgh.

letsalldothebeattie

They train in Edinburgh now. A lot of local players have quit playing for Selkirk because of that. So won't be too far for him to train but will be further for him to come down for games

Sorry but what's the point in Selkirk FC? Like what's the point in signing that nut, some French dudes and training in Edinburgh?

Like the only point in Selkirk is surely if it is full of local lads training and playing locally.. No?

Judging by the size of him when he was at Morton and his off-field habits, I think Selkirk are taking a big chance on him.

He is highly likley to have a heart attack on the pitch, if he hasn't cleaned up his act.

LincolnHearts

Bet he managed to vacuum a few-bob worth of class A up his nose over the years.

Think the only day he didn't take any whizz was 19/05/12.

LincolnHearts

Hope they purchased XXL strips - if not then he's ######

They've gone the Hibs route and brought in tablecloths for templates.

Selkirk train in Edinburgh.

Oh Right. Didn't know that. Anyway, bit of a drive from his council gaff in North Berwick to Edinburgh......

The first time I saw him play was an East of Scotland Shield derby at Fester in December '01. U-21's although I recall 'Baggio' played. We won 3-1 and O'Connor was awful. I said to a mate that he had no future in the game and, eventually, he proved me right.

letsalldothebeattie
Sorry but what's the point in Selkirk FC? Like what's the point in signing that nut, some French dudes and training in Edinburgh?

Like the only point in Selkirk is surely if it is full of local lads training and playing locally.. No?

I know it makes absolutely no sense. Sides should train locally. Selkirk have 2 great pitches to train on and they had some really good players from here that would have been very good for that level but this new guy is an idiot. Seems to be ruining the club. Trying to turn them pro and full time

letsalldothebeattie
Tony's tower will be raking it in.

They sure will. At least 5 after a game

A Hibs supporting chum of mine, after I told him this news, said he wondered if this will be part of the TV show that he will be in, regarding his fall from grace into a council house. I asked if he was serious and he replied he was.

If true - :cornette: and :rofl:

If not, then its a cracking story. And still - :rofl:

Think he has had a fair few clubs since he left H1b5.

This kind -

JacobsClub_Unwrapped.JPG

This kind -

JacobsClub_Unwrapped.JPG

This kind -

JacobsClub_Unwrapped.JPG

the minute i saw the thread title this was exactly the first thought i had... about him being a bit fond the "lotta choclate on your biscuit..."

Selkirk Jambo

I spotted him stuck in traffic outside my office in Selkirk today, to think that 1 I could have given him the big 5-1 and a mouth full of abuse and made him keep driving! and 2 could have been ITK breaking news.................................

Fxxx the SPFL

I spotted him stuck in traffic outside my office in Selkirk today, to think that 1 I could have given him the big 5-1 and a mouth full of abuse and made him keep driving! and 2 could have been ITK breaking news.................................

stuck in traffic my arse you only get two cars going through Selkirk every hour :antlers:

Selkirk have been promoted to the Lowland League. This season starts automatic promotion/relegation to the SPFL.

Worth Selkirk putting in some investment to achieve promotion.

Selkirk have been promoted to the Lowland League. This season starts automatic promotion/relegation to the SPFL.

Worth Selkirk putting in some investment to achieve promotion.

They werent promoted. They were already there. Finished dead last and were one of the worst teams I've ever seen.

queensferryjambo

A Hibs supporting chum of mine, after I told him this news, said he wondered if this will be part of the TV show that he will be in, regarding his fall from grace into a council house. I asked if he was serious and he replied he was.

If true - :cornette: and :rofl:

If not, then its a cracking story. And still - :rofl:

There was something about O'Connor being involved in a documentary - http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/troubled-garry-o-connor-making-documentary-1-3441502

Say What Again

Hibs fans I know revelled in the 'he's one of our own' pish with JOS and Deek.

Hope they feel partly responsible for the utter wasters they've become under their embrace.

Arseholes to a man.

If he wasn't such a monumental ****** you'd almost feel sorry for him.

:rofl:

Another 'wan of their own''

Hibs fans I know revelled in the 'he's one of our own' pish with JOS and Deek.

Hope they feel partly responsible for the utter wasters they've become under their embrace.

Arseholes to a man.

Haha beat me to it.

hope he doesn`t go to a pub in selkirk after a game!

no way would i be able to stop myself 1-5ing him!!

hope he doesn`t go to a pub in selkirk after a game!

no way would i be able to stop myself 1-5ing him!!

If he does we could maybe buy him a pint for his performance on 19/05/12.

I might go down to the game tomorrow night and abuse him.

Archived