• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrWinningSmith

• Locky

• Craig Herbertson

• Mister T

That's the first time I've seen CL with a club tie on.

Had one on at the Man city match as well.

Craig Herbertson

I move that the FoH provides some of those big sexy club branded dugout armchairs in order that Robbie looks cooler.

Thirded. Could maybe use an elegant Du Barry coffee table with a Latte macchiato just ready for the halt time team chat

MrWinningSmith

Robbie needs to adopt the Roberto Mancini scarf look in the winter months.

Biffa Bacon

Looked like coat, then white shirt in the first half, black shirt in the second, could have been a scarf though....very stylish. There should be a Robbie Autumn/Winter collection in the club shop. :)

Can always tell how good a manager will be by his touch line attire, we've got someone who's going to the very top of the game.

Danny Lennon surely bucks the trend there. Admittedly dresses quite well, but he's an ugly, jakey rat and a fairly shite manager too IMO.

Chris Benoit

Danny Lennon surely bucks the trend there. Admittedly dresses quite well, but he's an ugly, jakey rat and a fairly shite manager too IMO.

It's not just what you wear it's how you fill it

Craig Herbertson

Looked like coat, then white shirt in the first half, black shirt in the second, could have been a scarf though....very stylish. There should be a Robbie Autumn/Winter collection in the club shop. :)

Should give this serious consideration. Hearts shop with Sergio classic continental look, JJ's Edinburgh Gentleman about town: possibilities are endless

rudi must stay

I dont like him. But he is, IMO, a better manager and coach than he's given credit for

It's not just what you wear it's how you fill it

And unfortunately for Lennon, he looks like a heroin addict going to court.

I dont like him. But he is, IMO, a better manager and coach than he's given credit for

A decent SPL manager but can't ever see him getting a good gig down south. He'll be a Jimmy Calderwood kind of character. Will never achieve a great deal but will probably stroll around the top flight at mediocre clubs and make a career of it.

Done excellent to win silverware with St Mirren but the ultimate aim is to achieve a top 6 finish and he's not really come close. I wouldn't say he's on a shoestring budget either, Bill Leckie is constantly in the papers boasting about how they're debt free.

Man, my hatred for McGlynn will never die

A bit harsh.

He tried his best.

His best wasn't good enough.

He got punted.

MrWinningSmith

Should give this serious consideration. Hearts shop with Sergio classic continental look, JJ's Edinburgh Gentleman about town: possibilities are endless

I'm all for this :pleasing:

3fingersreid

Have you run this past the fashion expert or are you just gambling it'll work ?

Craig Herbertson

Have you run this past the fashion expert or are you just gambling it'll work ?

Sadly I can recognise style when I see it while failing to have any myself. That also applies to good business sense I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
Was it just me or did Robbie change his shirt at half time? Noticed he had the jacket on but it looked as though he was wearing a black shirt underneath in the second half,

A good manager must be willing to make big substitutions when it matters

jamboinglasgow

Call me silly, but I never feel a tracksuit is right for a manager, it makes them look like they want to go on and play. A manager should look suave and intelligent. You could see the difference today between Robbie in his good outfit, and McCoist in shorts and training top. Robbie embarrassed Ally enough that second half McCoist came out in a suit.

10155160_400_400_0_0_fit_6_caaee8dbcf94250675d54ccff7a4432a.jpg

Looking good :pleasing:

Really pulling off the nonchalantly smart casual look. Stylish, without looking like he's trying.

Unlike Elvis and the brown brogues.

Even before he was a manager, he was smooth. Rocking the polo shirt look after the '06 cup final.

Robbie_Neilson.jpg

Should be modelling this hoodie in a catalogue.

0,,10289~3698312,00.jpg

Hearts knew how to make this strip a big seller.

953086200.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Even before he was a manager, he was smooth. Rocking the polo shirt look after the '06 cup final.

Robbie_Neilson.jpg

Should be modelling this hoodie in a catalogue.

0,,10289~3698312,00.jpg

Hearts knew how to make this strip a big seller.

953086200.jpg

Ken. Hearts are missing a trick by getting that big hard looking chap from the shop to model our fashion gear. Get all the awful fashion clobber on Mr Neilson, it'll be flying off the shelves like it's fashionable enough to be going out of fashion.

His favourite song seems to be American Pie by the look of the hair, and as and old hippy I empathise.

But Robby man, it's time to modernise. Get a decent shirt, cool jacket and cut the hair.

Arnold Rothstein

His favourite song seems to be American Pie by the look of the hair, and as and old hippy I empathise.

But Robby man, it's time to modernise. Get a decent shirt, cool jacket and cut the hair.

:what:

Call me silly, but I never feel a tracksuit is right for a manager, it makes them look like they want to go on and play. A manager should look suave and intelligent.

Even more bizarre are the managers like Lennon that go for the track suit and mouldies look. Why do you need boots to stand on the touchline?

rossthejambo

The day he cuts his hair will be a sad day.

Nothing wrong with the shirt and jacket he had on Sunday either, dare I ask what a decent shirt and cool jacket looks like in Alva?

jamboinglasgow

Even more bizarre are the managers like Lennon that go for the track suit and mouldies look. Why do you need boots to stand on the touchline?

its the PE teacher look (though few can pull a tracksuit off and look classy, Jurgen Klopp is one.)

As for cutting the hair, no, no, no, no. Its what makes him stand out, it makes him look more continental rather than the functional boring hair cuts.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

MrWinningSmith

I still feel he needs that but of stubble to complete the ultimate style guru look.

Call me silly, but I never feel a tracksuit is right for a manager, it makes them look like they want to go on and play. A manager should look suave and intelligent. You could see the difference today between Robbie in his good outfit, and McCoist in shorts and training top. Robbie embarrassed Ally enough that second half McCoist came out in a suit.

There's times where it's suitable. In training the manager should be done up in full track suit looking like he's not afraid to get stuck in and show the lads how it's done.

In a pre-season friendly, training top with shorts is acceptable, seasonal looking apparel.

Regular season matches should involve dress trousers, smart shoes with a formal short or designer sweater, cardigan, jacket etc. depending on weather conditions.

Big occasions like cup semis and finals, there is no excuse for not wearing a full suit. The thought of Lennon and Fenlon turning up in track suits at the cup games in 2012 makes me cringe. Sums up both clubs in a nutshell.

He seemed to have a nice watch on on sat - any ideas what it was?

it's a Panerai, an eyetie divers watch...ive got one

Sat with five mates watching the game on Sunday and we collectively decided that Robbie will now be known as "Coach Neilson".

I would love this to become the preferred term of reference.

Coach Neilson ;-)

sunblestjambo

Sat with five mates watching the game on Sunday and we collectively decided that Robbie will now be known as "Coach Neilson".

I would love this to become the preferred term of reference.

Coach Neilson ;-)

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

:pleasing: