(Simpsons) The major character to be killed off is........ ***spoiler warning***

iantjambo

Krusty the Clown

apparently been heavily hinted at that he will die in an episode called "Clown in the dumps".

Meant to include "the simpsons" in the title, can someone edit please.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Do folk still watch the new episodes of the Simpsons?

It's been shan since about 1999.

I look forward to rory b bellows sailing off in to the distance.

Seriously though, nothing the simpsons do anymore matters.

Yeah it's pretty cack now but I still watch in the hope it gets back to it's former glory.

That lady Gaga episode :muggy:

scottish_chicP

I honestly didn't know they were still making the Simpsons. Assumed it was repeats.

Tommy Wiseau

It is pretty dire these days and has been on a steady decline since about season 10, but it still pulls a surprisingly good episode out of the locker every so often. That's a controversial view, but come at me bros B)

It is pretty dire these days and has been on a steady decline since about season 10, but it still pulls a surprisingly good episode out of the locker every so often. That's a controversial view, but come at me bros B)

There's enough good telly about nowadays that i don't need to sit through dross to find that odd great episode of the simpsons. But i don't doubt that award winning writers, producers, actors and artists can still make the format work from time to time.

Regal Kingston

Not Krusty!

Me so sally!

One of the best characters in it - Poor Bart.

First his teacher then his idol

I'm glad they still plod on!

I no longer watch it myself but if there are 2 or 3 good episodes a season its worth it

Alan Johnson

Not really seen much of the last few seasons but is Krusty really a major enough character for this? I'm guessing they're trying to do something controversial to reignite interest in it. You're not going to watch the first episode without him and notice his absence in the way you would with some characters.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

My kids love the Simpsons. I don't watch myself unless nothing else on.

I think as a programme. It suffers a lot from how long it's been on. It's impossible to be fresh after 20 years or whatever.

However, many people who were fans are now not the targets demographic. However, still seems to be popular amongst kids etc

It wasnt a kids show 20 years ago.

It's alarming how badly and quickly it fell off of a cliff come the turn of the Millenium.

For the first 9 or so series, it's essential.

rossthejambo

I've not seen a new Simpsons episode for at least 5/6 years.

The early seasons were gold, Hank Scorpio being the best of the lot.

Phil Dunphy

The first 8 seasons of The Simpsons is up there with the greatest things ever achieved by mankind. Including the Renaissance.

The Simpsons was great in it's prime but I agree it turned a bit shite and even weird at times in the last 10 years or so.

Still great to watch sometimes although it's not often I get to.

jamboinglasgow

Always feel that when you make a big and song and dance about killing off a character, its the sign of a tv show making a desperate ploy to stay popular and seem fresh. Family Guy did it last season (then brought Brian back after a few episodes) and it felt pointless.

Watched a few episodes of the Simpsons from the first 8/9 seasons and it was like remembering the great times you had with an old friend before they lost their way and got up their own arse. It was witty, clever, and it kept the preachyness and guest stars to a reasonable level.

Top five favourite Simpsons episodes?

In no order whatsoever:

You Only Move Twice

Marge vs the Monorail

Grandpa vs Sexual Inadequacy

Homer Badman

Bart gets and Elephant

There's yer dinner.

You Only Move Twice

Homer goes to College

Homer the Great

Homie the Clown

Bart vs Australia

There are so many belters in the first 200 or so episodes that I'm spoiled for choice.

You Only Move Twice

Homer goes to College

Homer the Great

Homie the Clown

Bart vs Australia

There are so many belters in the first 200 or so episodes that I'm spoiled for choice.

**** I could do loads just about Homer.

Homer the Iconoclast

Dancin' Homer

Homer the Heretic

Last Exit to Springfield

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire

******* brilliant.

so major news outlets are reporting it;s gonna be krusty. given that they've already killed off krusty - an 11yr old 2na may have cried watching this episode back in the day - i'd expect it wont be him who pops his clogs.

Last new episode I watched the plot was 'Lisa starts eating insects, and Steve Carell is a mafia accountant.' :teehee: the writing's still quite good, but they've totally ran out of ideas.

Jason Dufner

I've not seen a new Simpsons episode for at least 5/6 years.

The early seasons were gold, Hank Scorpio being the best of the lot.

Hank Scorpio was an amazing 20 minutes of tele.

The one where they go to Australia (Bart v Australia) I think it's called is a fantastic piece of TV.

Generic Username

After sitting through the Lady Gaga episode I decided I was done with new things.

Got a record player, a PS2 and The Young Ones on VHS.

Oh and King size Homer is classic Simpsons

Marge: Your father can be surprisingly sensitive,remember when I laughed at his Sherlock Holmes hat?

He sulked for a week then closed his detective agency.

I actually cried laughing at that line

Secrets of a Successful marriage is a belter of an episode.

Add the Hank Scorpio episode and thats's two of my all time favourite episodes.

jamboinglasgow

After sitting through the Lady Gaga episode I decided I was done with new things.

Got a record player, a PS2 and The Young Ones on VHS.

I am intrigued, what is so bad about the Lady Gaga episode that makes it worse then others. Would like to be told why rather than see it (as it does sound a terrible idea for an episode already.)

I think the one that had me done with watching new episodes of the Simpsons is the one where Bart looks after a cow. It just didn't feel funny and was one long brow beating against eating meat with an unfunny punch line.

The one with Ricky Gervais for me.

I know it had been going downhill long before that episode but it was the low point for me.

Generic Username

I am intrigued, what is so bad about the Lady Gaga episode that makes it worse then others. Would like to be told why rather than see it (as it does sound a terrible idea for an episode already.)

I think the one that had me done with watching new episodes of the Simpsons is the one where Bart looks after a cow. It just didn't feel funny and was one long brow beating against eating meat with an unfunny punch line.

Watch it and try to fight the urge to feed yourself into a wood chipper.

The Cape Fear spoof with Sideshow Bob was probably one of my favourites.

So many great one liners and quotes during it's peak. When Homer gets his hand stuck in the vending machine.

"I'm sorry Homer. We're going to have to saw off your arm."

"It'll grow back, right?"

"Uh.... Sure."

"Wait a minute. Homer? Are you still holding on to the can?"

"Your point being?"

Generic Username

Simpson's Quote of The Day on Twitter is something I'm on all the time. You forget so many of the classic lines. I miss The Simpson's ability to write a fantastic song as well.

Mr Burn's "See My Vest" - sensational.

Simpson's Quote of The Day on Twitter is something I'm on all the time. You forget so many of the classic lines. I miss The Simpson's ability to write a fantastic song as well.

Mr Burn's "See My Vest" - sensational.

That's a song I occasionally break into. Usually start at the "Like my loafers..." line.

The Cape Fear spoof with Sideshow Bob was probably one of my favourites.

So many great one liners and quotes during it's peak. When Homer gets his hand stuck in the vending machine.

"I'm sorry Homer. We're going to have to saw off your arm."

"It'll grow back, right?"

"Uh.... Sure."

"Wait a minute. Homer? Are you still holding on to the can?"

"Your point being?"

The cape fear episode was ansolute class, the classic "garden rake" scene was only added because the episode was too short.

Another classic quote:

"How is education supposed to make me smarter? Besides whenever I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine making course and forgot how to drive?"

"That's because you were drunk!"

"and how"

:rofl:

jamboinglasgow

Watch it and try to fight the urge to feed yourself into a wood chipper.

I think I will pass, as I think watching will cause a similar effect to opening the ark in Indiana Jones. But I shouldn't be a surprised that new episode of the Simpsons featuring lady "I have no personality so have to do attention seeking nonsense to be noticed" Gaga is a mix for disaster.

What a contrast from Michael Jackson, who was part of a brilliant episode and didn't want his name credited, now celebrities try to get onto The Simpsons just to be seen.

The Simpsons probably has seen it's high point. But if we're moaning about dinner time TV I'd like to complain about the over abundance of music related questions in the final round of Pointless.

ToadKiller Dog

The Mary Poppins spoof was maybe my favourite .

The Simpsons have went down the fit a celebrity in at any cost route , it's long lost any edge .

A bit bloated these days .

Say What Again

Krusty the Clown

apparently been heavily hinted at that he will die in an episode called "Clown in the dumps".

Saw Sideshow Bob mentioned too as Matt Groening had said it was 'a good character, but not an iconic one'.

That Cape Fear episode was brilliant. The rake scene as mentioned, but even wee bits like the circus procession marching over Bob, too. I always loved the part when nobody believes Bart that Bob is going to kill him, then the DJ on the radio plays the next request with "This one goes out to Bart Simpson with the message, I am coming to kill you" :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Saw Sideshow Bob mentioned too as Matt Groening had said it was 'a good character, but not an iconic one'.

That Cape Fear episode was brilliant. The rake scene as mentioned, but even wee bits like the circus procession marching over Bob, too. I always loved the part when nobody believes Bart that Bob is going to kill him, then the DJ on the radio plays the next request with "This one goes out to Bart Simpson with the message, I am coming to kill you" :lol:

Not forgetting DIE BART DIE. It's German, for The Bart The.

No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Notorious BIG

Heres a fact for you...

If you watched 1 episode of The Simpsons per day, It would take you 18 months to watch them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Comedian

Homer at the bar

Kamp Krusty

Flaming Moe's

Homer Alone

Radio Bart

That's my top five. Essentiall back in the day. Woeful now.

The third season cannot be beat IMO.

Tommy Wiseau

Is it wrong that I always, ALWAYS, have a tear in my eye at the end of the one about why there are no photos of Maggie?

Is it wrong that I always, ALWAYS, have a tear in my eye at the end of the one about why there are no photos of Maggie?

Or when she says "Daddy" as her first word.

:sob:

Archived