Malaysian Airlines plane down over Ukraine/Russia border [SEE ADMIN WARNING ABOUT PICS/VIDS]

Malcolm Tucker

tartofmidlothian

RT domain is blocked, so I can't see it - what was it about ?

Similar to yours - a photo of a burly guy with a gun holding up a kid's teddy bear amidst all his hard-looking rebel mates, and it's reported in the press and tweets as being "rebel holds up child's toy as a sick trophy." Then in the video you see the guy say something like "what sort of people would do this?" then he crosses himself and lays it down gently on a pile of other stuff.

Obviously he's playing for the cameras a bit, but it's a reminder there's propaganda and misunderstanding on both sides.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Deevers

• ToYouToMe

• Geoff Kilpatrick

I guess they record data magnetically in some form - in fact I think I read somewhere it was on wire ... or used to be anyway ...

Nothing a spell in a massive magnetic field wouldn't wipe ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-crash-what-are-the-black-boxes-and-what-could-they-reveal-9622463.html

"A FDR can record between 17 and 25 hours of flight data using solid-state memory boards"

Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down by Pro Russian Rebels now being reported. They must have the weaponry required for such an action.

Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down by Pro Russian Rebels now being reported. They must have the weaponry required for such an action.

SU-25's apparently. Top speed less than Mach 1, relatively low service ceiling so could be taken out by a lot of weapons, certainly not just the type of SAM that took out the airliner.

Not reported in the Russian news.

Craig Gordons Gloves

i know it's a minor thing - but seeing the Ukrainians provide an honor guard for the bodies being loaded onto planes in coffins and the dutch royal family being there as they arrive shows a little bit of humanity for those that died who previously were left out in the open or loaded into trains in bags.

Not directly but they are involved indirectly.

As is the UK, using the same logic.

Edited by Simon Says

i know it's a minor thing - but seeing the Ukrainians provide an honor guard for the bodies being loaded onto planes in coffins and the dutch royal family being there as they arrive shows a little bit of humanity for those that died who previously were left out in the open or loaded into trains in bags.

It is minor but shows a bit of class and understanding of the situation. A complete and utter contrast to the behaviour of the rebels who shot those poor people out of the sky

Saw footage of the bodies travelling through Holland in cars.

People on overpasses with their phones out filming as the card go past? WTF!

Some people are weird.

Off topic, but on the Evening News Facebook page, there is a tragic story about a family being killed in a car crash, near Polmont. It has over 50 likes.

I think we are just about to see just how ineffective and weak the EU is in response to this. It's be become pretty obvious that neither the French or the Germans fancy any real sanctions being imposed on Putin. They obviously just want to see this brushed under the carpet as soon as possible on case it damages their own economic interests. Shameful.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Some people are weird.

Off topic, but on the Evening News Facebook page, there is a tragic story about a family being killed in a car crash, near Polmont. It has over 50 likes.

Easy to misinterpret that I think.

The Real Maroonblood

I find that very disturbing that people do that.

The Real Maroonblood

I think we are just about to see just how ineffective and weak the EU is in response to this. It's be become pretty obvious that neither the French or the Germans fancy any real sanctions being imposed on Putin. They obviously just want to see this brushed under the carpet as soon as possible on case it damages their own economic interests. Shameful.

The UK are just the same selling arms to Russia.

The UK are just the same selling arms to Russia.

Denied by Cameron though. This however is really a defining moment for the EU. If they can't agree to do something substantial in response to this, then really what's the point to it. Seems to me that national self interest is the watchword every time action is needed collectively from Europe. I used to be very enthusiastic about the EU, however Ican no longer see the point in it as a entity as it appears to be very weak when dealing with any important issue. Time we saved money and jumped ship I think.

Agree.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Easy to misinterpret that I think.

Yes the Like thing on Facebook is a bizarre thing in those circumstances.

I suppose people just want to register their concern but it just doesn't fit well.

Surely Facebook could devise another feature?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yes the Like thing on Facebook is a bizarre thing in those circumstances.

I suppose people just want to register their concern but it just doesn't fit well.

Surely Facebook could devise another feature?

It's more just a show of sympathy.

The Perth couple who lost 3 kids in the tragedy have released a statement. The kids were on holiday with their grandad. Our heart goes out to them. There will be a national day of mourning where we can pay respects to all Aussies lost. I think 38 counted so far :sad:

http://m.watoday.com.au/world/maslin-family-releases-tribute-to-children-killed-in-mh17-disaster-20140723-zw69z.html

RIP. We pray your deaths will not be in vain.

The Perth couple who lost 3 kids in the tragedy have released a statement. The kids were on holiday with their grandad. Our heart goes out to them. There will be a national day of mourning where we can pay respects to all Aussies lost. I think 38 counted so far :sad:

http://m.watoday.com.au/world/maslin-family-releases-tribute-to-children-killed-in-mh17-disaster-20140723-zw69z.html

RIP. We pray your deaths will not be in vain.

That is heartbreaking stuff. :(

The Real Maroonblood

Denied by Cameron though. This however is really a defining moment for the EU. If they can't agree to do something substantial in response to this, then really what's the point to it. Seems to me that national self interest is the watchword every time action is needed collectively from Europe. I used to be very enthusiastic about the EU, however Ican no longer see the point in it as a entity as it appears to be very weak when dealing with any important issue. Time we saved money and jumped ship I think.

Spot on.

Fifa's big thing seems to be keeping national politics out of football, I fully expect that to be their stances hen it comes to this.

. They are only frightened that they'll have to pay back the bungs!

• 4 years later...
Better call Saul
4 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Today, almost five years after the plane was shot down, Four People have been charged with the murder of the people on board MH17. 

Three are Russians and one is Ukrainian 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48691488

The russkies couldn't have done it they were viewing famous  steeples 

So above basically 'proved' missile launcher came from and was returned to Russian forces. 

What was still an accident could have simply been admitted.