Malaysian Airlines plane down over Ukraine/Russia border [SEE ADMIN WARNING ABOUT PICS/VIDS]

Malcolm Tucker

Aircraft has a dark underside like Malaysian so it could be the one. Looked pretty much in tact and going down in a controlled flight. Maybe the investigators can use that instead of the heavily looted crash site because there may not be much left.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Deevers

• ToYouToMe

• Geoff Kilpatrick

ArcticJambo

Can I say, I do think deeside Jambo is getting a hard time.

I think he has been careless in how he has expressed his view, and I do think the only person(s) responsible is whoever pulled the trigger. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon though, and point fingers yet, unlike the British press.

I do think there is a case to look at the decison making process that led to airlines flying this route, and the authorities for determining that it was safe. Answers could show it was not an incorrect decision. It could, though, reduce any future risk, if the answers show the criteria for a safe route perhaps needs reviewed. Aviation regulations and flight routes should, and are regularly reviewed, based on various risks that may exist at the time.

We can't blame them for the tragedy in any way, as there is no evidence procedure was not followed, but we can ask questions about the decisions made, and the procedure.

Definitely. Good post. Unfortunately tragedy seems often necessary before reviews and procedure are changed. Risk management is rarely performed with true diligence.

Understand that interfering with a plane crash scene is against international law so that's not going to help calm things though if the Russians can remove their equipment I can understand why they are doing this.

Stuart McNeill

If anyone wants more info, try reddit.

/r/Ukrainianconflict or /r/news.

Seem to have a lot of info there.

Just listening to SKY News and there is a guy saying that there is an App for your mobile phone that when you hold it up and point it at the plane flying above you it identifies that plane and tells it's say BA111 Plane type and is flying to New York. Amazing technology if it's as accurate as that. Maybe all baddies should be issued with this technology so as no more "mistakes" are made.

I doubt it was a "mistake", from the perspective of the people who did it.

"If we can shoot down a passenger jet and no one does **** all about it, just imagine what else we can get away with here...".

There's a video doing the rounds that allegedly shows the plane coming down with one engine ablaze. It's still unconfirmed, and the footage is very shaky, but if it's real it suggests the plane didn't blow up or break-up immediately. Poor *******s.

Horrific. We go on about North Korea but we have a deluded, dangerous regime right on our European doorstep. We'd be foolish not to realise that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Horrific. We go on about North Korea but we have a deluded, dangerous regime right on our European doorstep. We'd be foolish not to realise that.

If ever there was a convincing arguement for our continued retention of Trident then it's this!

Aircraft has a dark underside like Malaysian so it could be the one. Looked pretty much in tact and going down in a controlled flight. Maybe the investigators can use that instead of the heavily looted crash site because there may not be much left.

Any chance of a link to said video please? Pm will be great. Cheers

There's a video doing the rounds that allegedly shows the plane coming down with one engine ablaze. It's still unconfirmed, and the footage is very shaky, but if it's real it suggests the plane didn't blow up or break-up immediately. Poor *******s.

Tried googling this but cannot find anything. PM?

Boaby Ewing

Dexter - no worries re: the removal, sorry if I should not have posted it in the first place.

Few people making a convincing argument it's not the plane in question due to the slant of the wings + how far the debris was spread (suggesting it did blow up in mid-air). I won't be sending pms

Chaka Demus & pliers

Tried googling this but cannot find anything. PM?

I found one on liveleak, which by then they had added that it was not MH17.

Just watching the news

Two families from on street in Holland affected

Family who lost people when the other Malaysian flight went missing had relatives on this one

Footage of a chair in the field with a victims hand just showing

It's ******* horrible and all caused by a large scale dick measuring contest!

Maroon Sailor

A fund set up by a couple of Sunderland supporters to raise a ?100 so they could donate a floral tribute on behalf of the two Newcastle fans travelling to watch their team's pre season tour in New Zealand has reached ?14,000.

Incredible stuff.

Newcastle United lost their No.1 fan on that flight. Don't think he missed a game in the last 40 odd years

Edited by Maroon Sailor

sad needless loss of life..the aircraft should never have been allowed to fly over that region, especially given the recent disappearance of another aircraft its crazy they decided not to be more vigilant.

RIP

Edited by jambo_

If ever there was a convincing arguement for our continued retention of Trident then it's this!

ahhhhh.....but don`t we live in a world were everyone kisses and cuddles and picks flowers?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Why is this a convincing argument for Trident?

If there was a global nuclear war we'd all be pan bread pretty quickly, Trident or not.

AlphonseCapone

If there was a global nuclear war we'd all be pan bread pretty quickly, Trident or not.

Aye I'd love to hear what difference Trident makes as well

alwaysthereinspirit

Used as a deterrent maybe.

AlphonseCapone

To deter what exactly? Didn't stop 'someone' blowing a civilian airliner out the sky.

AlphonseCapone

Double post

Edited by hmfcbyt

. Makes a bully like Putin think twice about using his if he thinks he's going to get some dumped on him. Simple!

The Real Maroonblood

. Makes a bully like Putin think twice about using his if he thinks he's going to get some dumped on him. Simple!

So it will.

AlphonseCapone

Aye because if the UK didn't have trident Putin would have blew up the world by now.

Putin and Salmond are best pals.

Ibrahim Tall

Aye because if the UK didn't have trident Putin would have blew up the world by now.

Probably not, but the Ukraine situation has showed NATO is only interested in itself and only when it suits it. I honestly can't see the remaining UK going to war with for example Russia for the benefit of an independent Scotland that's saddled it with debt and not played ball in regards to trident.

For the record I can't see a Russian invasion of Scotland I'm not in the "no" camp but I can understand the worry.

Guest GhostHunter

Faslane and Rosyth's names are already on 2 presents from Putin I'd guess.

That equals goodnight sweetheart, and not a thing Trident can do about it.

:wow: Not sure if that is a serious post or not :lol:

Ibrahim Tall

More than likely, but even the UKs far smaller nuclear arsenal is enough to make Russia pretty inhospitable for a few centuries. I'm not we'd survive, we'd be dead but so would they. There's some degree of security in that. Something we wouldn't have without a nuclear deterrent.

More than likely, but even the UKs far smaller nuclear arsenal is enough to make Russia pretty inhospitable for a few centuries. I'm not we'd survive, we'd be dead but so would they. There's some degree of security in that. Something we wouldn't have without a nuclear deterrent.

Exactly. Some folk would rather we just bent over and allowed the bully to have his way though.

Gregory House M.D.

If Putin Nuked the United Kingdom and the United Kingdon had no Nuclear weapons the rest of the world would tear Russia apart.

We don't need trident however you dress it up.

If Putin Nuked the United Kingdom and the United Kingdon had no Nuclear weapons the rest of the world would tear Russia apart.

We don't need trident however you dress it up.

. I don't think so. They're all riven with self interest. Self preservation is far and away the best policy. If we have it they'll think twice. Edited by Deevers

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The international community ain't going to do shit about this. You can tell. "US and UK ready to impose more sanctions on Russia." Wow.

Guest GhostHunter

Back on topic(ish) - the bodies have been dumped in an unguarded refrigerated train 9 miles away from the crash site - utterly horrific...

The international community ain't going to do shit about this. You can tell. "US and UK ready to impose more sanctions on Russia." Wow.

Certainly nothing is going to happen from the EU - apart from hot air Germany drive the EU an Germany needs Russian energy so forget anything meaningful from there. The EU caused this crisis and when push comes to shove the've shown they have a yellow streak running right down the centre of their backs when it comes to dealing effectively with Putin. So funny that some think that they would rush to our aid if we had problems with him.

Back on topic(ish) - the bodies have been dumped in an unguarded refrigerated train 9 miles away from the crash site - utterly horrific...

Atrocity after atrocity.

If our leaders were people of any moral fibre and had any sense of justice these so called rebels would be hiding in holes like rats by now.

Instead they continue to mock the world, parading about like they are untouchable.

Disgusting.

Edited by ToYouToMe

Guest GhostHunter

Atrocity after atrocity.

If our leaders were people of any moral fibre and had any sense of justice these so called rebels would be hiding in holes like rats by now.

Instead they continue to mock the world, parading about like they are untouchable.

Disgusting.

What makes it worse, is that Putin has supplied the rebels on the border with 3 more BUK misslie launchers as well as sending more troops to support. This all within 20 miles of the crash site.

That said though, there's a lot of chatter amongst journalists (including some British ones) that an ATC from Kiev called spainbuca (on twitter), was tweeting from Kiev when the plane went down, that it had been being followed by Ukranian jets 3 minutes before it went down, implying that it was the Ukranians who shot it down.

Obviously all heresay, but the guy did post all this on his twitter before mysteriously disappearing...

Gregory House M.D.

The bodies are indeed in a refrigerated train carriage nine miles from the scene but it is guarded by rebels who have accompanied monitors to inspect the bodies or so the media have said.

Edited by Gregory House M.D.

Guest GhostHunter

The bodies are indeed in a refrigerated train carriage nine miles from the scene but it is guarded by rebels who have accompanied monitors to inspect the bodies or so the media have said.

The guards left when the monitors left.

Gregory House M.D.

The guards left when the monitors left.

Is the train in motion or being moved?

I'm kind of with bob sharp on this, I find it hard to reach any standpoint at all when so little is known. Obfuscation seems to be the theme of the day but I guess that comes as no surprise whatsoever.

Aside from the statement on flight plans from Malaysia, is anything else known with any sort of certainty yet? Anything at all?

No, but as at least one Vanguard-class submarine is always at sea, Trident would allow us to retaliate in kind. THAT is the main point of strategic nuclear weapons, to make people stop and think about the consequences of their action, or to 'deter' them from a course of action. As strange as it sounds, strategic nukes have always been weapons of politics (Japan 1945 notwithstanding) rather than military action.

Stewart MacD

Most of this thread seems to be aboiut Putin, rather than the rebels in E. Ukraine. They are out of control - he tried to pull them in before, but they ignored him. The missile unit involved was probably one captured when they overran a Ukrainian army base. Running over the border to Russia with its remains - I wouldn't want to stay around!

Putin's not my samovar of tea, but this is the last thing he needs at present (along with hectoring from the Aust. FM and 3-word slogans from Abbott).

I wouldn't be surprised if the rocketeers had already been put up against a wall.