Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

Pages of abuse directed at a cup winning Hearts goalkeeper founded on baseless rumours which turned out to be BS? Yeah, I stand by my comment that those people were, and are, welts. I'm not putting myself on a pedestal for it, but it needed said :lol:

You, on the other hand, have just labelled people with a different opinion from you narrow minded and repeatedly refused to give MZ any kind of credit for his efforts to help save a club that wasn't paying him his wages, let alone his bonuses - purely because it fits with the long-standing agenda you have against all things Lithuanian. When it comes to making unnecessary digs and torpedoing your own arguments, you are like Stephen Hawking at a buffet, my friend. B)

As to the Lithuanian myth I argued a lot in favour of Velicka as a very good striker when many fans didn't and wouldn't rate him. Janny was also quite clearly a class player. I also thought wee 'Audrey' had good moments.

It's not my fault most of the rest of the Lithuanians at the club during this period were either arseholes, crap or overrated footballers, crap at their job or whatever....

And welt is a whole different level of abuse to narrow minded for which I have apologised...in respect of which you are actually calling people a welt simply because they disagree with you.

I am not sure what you say the difference is?

Ok fair dues. I take back what i said. Apologies.

Maybe this comes down to why people go OTT with Zaliukas.

He was captain when we hammered a very poor Hibs team, so therefore he has a higher status than his ability maybe deserves.

No probs.

Differing opinions are really what supporters forums are all about.

Pressley started off at Rangers. McKinley Celtic.

Tosh McKinlay signed for us from Dundee. He didn't sign for Celtic until about 6 years later. He's a valid pick for the team.

Pressley is arguable as he did start at Rangers (as I indicated) but signed for Celtic once he left us.

When I came up with that team, I just put the players in as I thought of them. If I were trying to pick the strongest team, I'd have Ritchie alongside his old partner Weir in central defence in place of Zal (Webster if Ritchie doesn't count due to never playing a match), move Galloway into centre mid instead of Black, Magic Johnston wide right in place of Galloway, and perhaps Kyle instead of Velicka (Temps playing off him). That would actually be some team.

Edit: I think Weir, McLaren and Ritchie all played RB at times, so it's arguable which one plays there.

Edit: I think Weir, McLaren and Ritchie all played RB at times, so it's arguable which one plays there.

I'm pretty sure Weir was signed as a right back. He had the nick-name horse, from his galloping runs down the wing.

And I'm sure McLaren made his debut at right back, but I can't remember Ritchie playing right back, was it not Mcmanus who was right back with Ritchie at centre half.

Nucky Thompson

It will be a very interesting league next year with Hearts there. Hibs doesn't matter so much to me, even Falkirk and QOS are going to be tough.

Fecking brilliant big guy

heartsfc_fan

Tosh McKinlay signed for us from Dundee. He didn't sign for Celtic until about 6 years later. He's a valid pick for the team.

Pressley is arguable as he did start at Rangers (as I indicated) but signed for Celtic once he left us.

When I came up with that team, I just put the players in as I thought of them. If I were trying to pick the strongest team, I'd have Ritchie alongside his old partner Weir in central defence in place of Zal (Webster if Ritchie doesn't count due to never playing a match), move Galloway into centre mid instead of Black, Magic Johnston wide right in place of Galloway, and perhaps Kyle instead of Velicka (Temps playing off him). That would actually be some team.

Sorry yes, you're quite right re Tosh Mckinlay.

loveofthegame

Some of the things I've read on this thread make me wonder about why I'm so addicted to this site....

Without quoting, bouzid being put above Zal on ability, people almost blaming Zal for being paid whatever he was being paid by the club (solely the fault of those in charge not of the player himself), someone saying winning div1 this year would top 16/5/98 or 19/5/12....

Just :facepalm: all over the shop.

Zal was a guy who arrived on the cheap, who I originally thought was a complete dud, but went on to be a gd servant to the club and captained us to the most significant result in our history, giving all of us who were there that day one of best days of our lives.

He arrived with no affinity to the club but clearly left with a strong bond. He seems to be taking all sorts of stick yet local lad CG (a hero of mine...) is getting away far more lightly for joining Celtic (a decision which has disappointed me far more than Zal to rangers).

If offered ?4k a week to play in a foreign country in front of 50,000 every 2nd week isn't justifiable I don't know what is. Return home to Lithuania on pittance so as not to offend a few hearts fans?!

I've not followed all the machinations of Gordon joining ra 'tic. Why are you more disappointed with that move? Because he's more talented?

loveofthegame

I've not followed all the machinations of Gordon joining ra 'tic. Why are you more disappointed with him?

Because I always viewed him as way above the OF. Someone who once said he saw the OF as "a sideways step" when at Hearts.

He is a Hearts fan who knows exactly what it means to sign for them.

He needs to get his career back on track, I'm just disappointed they were the club he chose to do it with.

To put it simply, I always expected better of CG, that is all...

Because I always viewed him as way above the OF. Someone who once said he saw the OF as "a sideways step" when at Hearts.

He is a Hearts fan who knows exactly what it means to sign for them.

He needs to get his career back on track, I'm just disappointed they were the club he chose to do it with.

To put it simply, I always expected better of CG, that is all...

When he said that, it was when his star was rising and he elected not to follow the well-trodden path down the M8.

Remember that he hasn't played for over two years. He clearly wasn't about to get a deal in the English Premiership, or probably even Championship, on that basis. He is 30, and needs to be playing in a top division for a decent club if he wants to get back into the Scotland squad. Celtic have offered him that, plus the chance of European football.

I hold nothing against any of our former players playing for Rangers.

We were skint couldn't offer them a contract . Its a short career they could get injured at any time then its gone.

In the case of Ian Black and Zal anyone can see they will always be jambos just working for a different employer.

Wallace and Templeton not jambos at heart but we got good money for them which kept us afloat.

I am more disappointed at Craig Gordon he could have relaunched his career elsewhere

scott_jambo

As to the Lithuanian myth I argued a lot in favour of Velicka as a very good striker when many fans didn't and wouldn't rate him. Janny was also quite clearly a class player. I also thought wee 'Audrey' had good moments.

It's not my fault most of the rest of the Lithuanians at the club during this period were either arseholes, crap or overrated footballers, crap at their job or whatever....

And welt is a whole different level of abuse to narrow minded for which I have apologised...in respect of which you are actually calling people a welt simply because they disagree with you.

I am not sure what you say the difference is?

You despised Jankauskas and "nothing'd" Velicka. Basically because Velicka was such a nice guy and banged in the goals you couldn't find a way to despise him, he secretly made you raging that a Lithuanian could be a nice human being and an effective footballer.

The rest you also despised. You despised "Audrey", you despised Zaliukas, you despised Miko and you despised Cesnauskis. Anyone connected to Lithuania at the club you also despised. Beniusis and Piliabitis never got a chance at the club. The rest were "Lithuanian" by association, like Mrowiec, you despised him too because he was as good as Lithuanian in your head.

Walter Bishop

But Zaliukas is hoping the visiting support give him a warm ovation and don?t forget the service he gave them.

He said: ?There is no doubt it?s going to be a sensitive game but I am here to do a job and to do my best.

?It would be nice to get a good reception from the Hearts support but they will have a decision to make about whether they are going to welcome me there.

?Of course I would be bothered if I didn?t get a good reception. Hearts was my home for seven years.?

It?s another Rangers signing that adds to the twists and turns of a Championship campaign which is certain to provide meetings between old friends and foes.

With Hearts and Hibs both taking the drop into Scottish football?s second tier, the competition for the solitary automatic promotion place will ensure Rangers are given a sterner title contest than they?ve previously experienced in their climb through the divisions.

But Zaliukas is more than up for it. He said: ?This is a challenge for me and it?s going to be a very interesting league next season with Hearts there.

?Hibs doesn?t matter so much to me but it will be interesting. Even Falkirk and Queen of the South are going to be tough.

scott_jambo

Anyone else bringing Scottish cup memorabilia to get it signed by our captain?? :pleasing: Can't wait to see the big man.

You despised Jankauskas and "nothing'd" Velicka. Basically because Velicka was such a nice guy and banged in the goals you couldn't find a way to despise him, he secretly made you raging that a Lithuanian could be a nice human being and an effective footballer.

The rest you also despised. You despised "Audrey", you despised Zaliukas, you despised Miko and you despised Cesnauskis. Anyone connected to Lithuania at the club you also despised. Beniusis and Piliabitis never got a chance at the club. The rest were "Lithuanian" by association, like Mrowiec, you despised him too because he was as good as Lithuanian in your head.

This is a wind up Scot, right?

The ramblings of the insane....

Chris Benoit

But Zaliukas is hoping the visiting support give him a warm ovation and don?t forget the service he gave them.

He said: ?There is no doubt it?s going to be a sensitive game but I am here to do a job and to do my best.

?It would be nice to get a good reception from the Hearts support but they will have a decision to make about whether they are going to welcome me there.

?Of course I would be bothered if I didn?t get a good reception. Hearts was my home for seven years.?

It?s another Rangers signing that adds to the twists and turns of a Championship campaign which is certain to provide meetings between old friends and foes.

With Hearts and Hibs both taking the drop into Scottish football?s second tier, the competition for the solitary automatic promotion place will ensure Rangers are given a sterner title contest than they?ve previously experienced in their climb through the divisions.

But Zaliukas is more than up for it. He said: ?This is a challenge for me and it?s going to be a very interesting league next season with Hearts there.

?Hibs doesn?t matter so much to me but it will be interesting. Even Falkirk and Queen of the South are going to be tough.

:pleasing:

rossthejambo

Still trolling the Hibs :wub:

Archived