4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

Is anyone looking at our "in" list versus our "out" list vaguely unhappy about where we are when compared with the end of the season?

Apologies - appallingly worded question.

It was kind of a negative rhetorical question. ie "Do I not like that?"

I am delighted with where we are, how far we have come, and where it looks like we are going. As Bap said, no competitive games have been played so screw the nut but equally IMO signs are we are much stronger than we have been for years, let alone last season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who experienced a lot of "characters" during the Romanov years, and saw the detriment a poor dressing room can have, I think RN is fairly well placed for this.

E.g.

Takis Fyssas = good character

Mauricio Pinilla = bad character

To be entirely honest with you I would actually give most of the players a break from character/attitude issues during the Romanov era.

We were such a shambles. The management was appalling, leadership within the squad of players evaporated as players like Elvis, Hartley and Gordon left. The squad was massive and unbalanced. Players were getting played not on merit.

I'd give a bit of slack if some players didnt exactly bust a gut during this time - frustrating, but more to do with the work environment than individuals themselves IMO

The way Neilson mentions his attacking options, it sounds as if Sow is already signed!

Jamboscanbevicius

Pinilla was treated for mental issues. I don't think it's fair to call that bad character. Kingston? Him. He was at it.

There has been calls for Suarez and Griffiths to receive mental health treatment but they have not been absolved of criticism on this forum.

I know there is a bit of a love-in for Pinigol, but he has hardly been of great character the rest of his career tbf. Certainly not the type I'd want my kids to be holding up as a role model. Fyssas however was very talented, humble and keen to help the young players and speak warmly about the club!

Jamboscanbevicius

The way Neilson mentions his attacking options, it sounds as if Sow is already signed!

I agree. He doesn't mention Ouiterloo, but talks about Carrick, Keatings, Oliver, El Hassanoui, and Sow as his attacking options!

Maybe just getting a bit ahead of himself (as we can all be prone to at this time of the year), but hopefully that means it's at least close.

There has been calls for Suarez and Griffiths to receive mental health treatment but they have not been absolved of criticism on this forum.

I know there is a bit of a love-in for Pinigol, but he has hardly been of great character the rest of his career tbf. Certainly not the type I'd want my kids to be holding up as a role model. Fyssas however was very talented, humble and keen to help the young players and speak warmly about the club!

JKB is hardly a moral arbiter. Pinilla's issues don't absolve of all his crimes, but to my knowledge he did nothing of note whilst at hearts that i would characterize as being of bad character that I would reasonably expect to be understood by his depression.

That makes it sound like Uiterloo has been offered a deal.

Also sounds promising on the Sow front.

I picked up anything but Uiterloo being offered a deal after reading that article.

Sounds to me like he didn't impress.

I picked up anything but Uiterloo being offered a deal after reading that article.

Sounds to me like he didn't impress.

Neilson said the ball is in his court and it's up to him if he wants to come here.

Sounds to me like he did impress.

Voice of reason

Neilson said the ball is in his court and it's up to him if he wants to come here.

Sounds to me like he did impress.

That's how I read it. Sounds like Uiterloo has been offered a deal and is away home to chew over our offer. Sounds like he impressed on trial alright. I have a good feeling about this guy but fear he may get better offers from elsewhere.

It sounds to me like he had ability but didn't really show it with us but if he goes away and works hard then who knows?

I suppose its all about interpretation.

IMO sow was the one out of the 2 they want.

What he is also saying is "Plan B? Do I have a plan B? I've got a Plan A, B, C and D - and thats just in attack...."

Dunno, I read that the ball is in his court rather than us saying 'no'

Asked about 23-year-old Uiterloo, Neilson said: ?Rafa came through the Ajax academy and was playing in the top league in Holland at 18. Then came a big-money move to Saudi Arabia and he lost his way a bit. He found himself back from there and trying to kickstart himself again. If it does happen, then we might be the team that gives him that opportunity. Ultimately, it?s down to him if he wants it

hard to tell with a newspaper quote, could mean either

'It's up to him if he wants to sign'

or

it could refer to the mention of him kickstarting his career and that being down to 'if he wants it badly enough'

I read Robbie's comments as we want him but we can only go so far to meet his expectations. Maybe he's away to discuss with his other half. Wasn't Sow also home for a couple of days before flying back.

Schevchenko

We might just not be flush enough to afford him.

Toilet humour!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@CraigWLevein: Really pleased to have Prince join us. 2 more on the way. Fans efforts so far immense #jointherevival

@CraigWLevein: Really pleased to have Prince join us. 2 more on the way. Fans efforts so far immense #jointherevival

We're getting both?? :-0

Unknown user

We're getting both?? :-0

We're in talks with that other ex rangers keeper, maybe he's one of them

Sounds like we've dumped Uiterloo.

It sounds to me as if we have made him an offer and he is away to have a think about it. I would suspect that it is below what he would want and that is why he is having to think.

It could be a chance for him to raise his profile again as RN says he kind of lost his way a bit after his big money move to Saudi.

The professionalism from within HMFC is immense and a total change from the past few years

Excellent

Bert Le Clos

We need a 'keeper, a left back and a centre half who can also cover right back.

Ideally another midfielder that can cover both wide positions. Unless El Hassnaoui has been signed as a wide man.

Up front we already have King, Oliver, Carrick and Keatings. The lad Sow looks decent but I worry about how we're meant to get King, Oliver and Carrick game time.

We have one of the bench batch of talented youngsters I can remember. In the latter part of last season they took big steps forward. They could take massive steps backwards this season if they don't get regular game time.

We missed Holt and Walker for such long periods of time last year with a full pre-season they are almost like 2 new signings themselves.

We've signed up some good, experienced pros. I just hope we don't sign to many and jeopardize the potential of the likes of Smith, Nicholson, Oliver etc. by signing a couple more journeymen.

rudi must stay

He needs to learn how to add he klaxon pic!

Definatly. He's only just joined twitter though, could take him years to master it

Hungry hippo

Time to update the thread title.

heartsfc_fan

:yas:

Clerry Jambo

Ideally another midfielder that can cover both wide positions. Unless El Hassnaoui has been signed as a wide man.

Up front we already have King, Oliver, Carrick and Keatings. The lad Sow looks decent but I worry about how we're meant to get King, Oliver and Carrick game time.

We have one of the bench batch of talented youngsters I can remember. In the latter part of last season they took big steps forward. They could take massive steps backwards this season if they don't get regular game time.

We missed Holt and Walker for such long periods of time last year with a full pre-season they are almost like 2 new signings themselves.

We've signed up some good, experienced pros. I just hope we don't sign to many and jeopardize the potential of the likes of Smith, Nicholson, Oliver etc. by signing a couple more journeymen.

If the youngsters you mention are good enough they will play, it's up to them

Oliver has actually played a lot more than I was expecting, robbies favourite perhaps? I don't think two defensive signings are needed, like you say we don't want journeymen stopping the progress of the young lads like McGhee and Liam Smith, I think King will rotate with walker on the right hand side and nicholson will have the left to himself, Dave will probably find it hard though and Carrick may have a fight on his hands but all in all our young lads will continue their progress

If the youngsters you mention are good enough they will play, it's up to them

Yep. The youngsters will make it if they are good enough. We should not stop improving the team and signing better players.

bigis semiauskas

Oliver has actually played a lot more than I was expecting, robbies favourite perhaps? I don't think two defensive signings are needed, like you say we don't want journeymen stopping the progress of the young lads like McGhee and Liam Smith, I think King will rotate with walker on the right hand side and nicholson will have the left to himself, Dave will probably find it hard though and Carrick may have a fight on his hands but all in all our young lads will continue their progress

does walker not prefer the left so he can cut in on his right peg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clerry Jambo

Yep. The youngsters will make it if they are good enough. We should not stop improving the team and signing better players.

Correct, they were guaranteed places last season, different ball game now. Although with more experience in the side hopefully they can go and express themselves a bit more, and from a personal point of view looking to see holty kick on

does walker not prefer the left so he can cut in on his right peg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure he does but i'd rather not see him their, to predictable

Dr. Bapswent

It sounds to me as if we have made him an offer and he is away to have a think about it. I would suspect that it is below what he would want and that is why he is having to think.

It could be a chance for him to raise his profile again as RN says he kind of lost his way a bit after his big money move to Saudi.

The not knowing is enough to drive you round the U-bend

Bert Le Clos

That's not what I was saying for a second. If there are better players available and out there then absolutely we should be signing them. Like Clerry Jambo said if the youngsters are good enough then will play regardless.

What I don't want is us signing players no better, or even worse than the youngsters we have and being played at the detriment of the younger players. Carrick went on a great run last season, some are saying he might struggle to get a game this year. If the boy playing in front of him bags 25 goals that's fine, I just hope we don't persist with a player because we've signed him and he's 30.

MrWinningSmith

:pleasing:

I'm very happy with our acquisitions this transfer window. I still feel we need cover at the back but I don't want to be too greedy haha.

Roll on the new season.

:pleasing:

I'm very happy with our acquisitions this transfer window. I still feel we need cover at the back but I don't want to be too greedy haha.

Roll on the new season.

Agreed - once the Weegie refs start flashing those red cards at every opportunity!!

From what JJ mentioned on the other thread, it seems Robbie may also be keen for one more defender. Another left back and we're in great shape.

I would imagine that if there is money left in the budget (based on the exceptional ST/shirt sales) then our management team will keep their eye open for any players they feel will INCREASE the quality of our 1st team. They won't bring in players for the sake of it, and based on the quality of the 1st team we have, then it's going to have to be a really good player. I agree that left back is the area we need most, but there is no point in bringing someone in for the sake of it.

Agreed - once the Weegie refs start flashing those red cards at every opportunity!!

I'm sure Jordan McGhee will be a more than capable deputy in the game against Hibs at Tynecastle after Wilson / Ozturks opening day red card at Ibrox

Guest oldcastlerock2012

From what JJ mentioned on the other thread, it seems Robbie may also be keen for one more defender. Another left back and we're in great shape.

A more experienced - 23-25 or so - left-sided defender who could keep McHattie on his toes and fill in at CB if needed would definitely be a good addition.

Archived