4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

While I agree that our strength last season came from our wide players we have to keep in mind next season will be a lot of small tight pitches that will not suit playing with width.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Tynecastle is a pretty small pitch itself.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo 4 Ever

Next signing will be a centre half who isn't British but will please fans, they may even be delighted...

Any other clues?

Snake Plissken

The first thing I do when I wake up is go check kickback to see if anyone's signed :lol:

I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of player we've been signing, they should all do very well in Championship and most should hold their own in the SPFL when we return.

Next signing will be a centre half who isn't British but will please fans, they may even be delighted...

Was just about to post then saw this! Not really had any snippets of info on signings for the past wee while, hopefully this proves to be accurate and we see a signing tomorrow! Zaliukas has been mentioned, would love to see him back!!

So possibly a new CB coming in, what else? Any advancement of talks with Lee Miller? Skacel rumours will not go away until he signs for someone. Hopefully there's still plenty to come in the next few weeks!!

scott herbertson

angel?

Karapidis

Wingers = inconsistent

Young players = inconsistent

A few minutes of brilliance from a young winger can win matches.

If you don't agree, I suppose you never saw Bobby Prentice.

We've got Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Prentice on the wing on the wing

While I agree that our strength last season came from our wide players we have to keep in mind next season will be a lot of small tight pitches that will not suit playing with width.

Alloa 102x69

Cowdenbeath 98x60

Dumbarton 104x69

Falkirk 105x68

Hibs 105x64

Livingston 102x66

QoS 105x65

Raith 103x64

Rangers 105x68

us? 100x64 So two teams with a pitch the same width as us and one smaller, every other pitch is wider and longer!

Edit: Dunno why it's doing the stupid formatting

MrWinningSmith

Zaliukas :D

Pants change needed if this were to happen.

Hearts 1874 has assured us that a significant signing is imminent.

I am confident that he is itk and that the signing will be Skacel,R.

Guest GhostHunter

Alloa 102x69

Cowdenbeath 98x60

Dumbarton 104x69

Falkirk 105x68

Hibs 105x64

Livingston 102x66

QoS 105x65

Raith 103x64

Rangers 105x68

us? 100x64 So two teams with a pitch the same width as us and one smaller, every other pitch is wider and longer!

I remember when Souness was in charge at Rangers, he used to get them to narrow the pitch depending on who they were playing..

No idea if they still do this though...

Jambo 4 Ever

I am confident that he is itk and that the signing will be Skacel,R.

I thought it will be a defender?

letsalldothebeattie
Was speaking to Walker`s Dad today. Jamie has been offered a 3 year deal and is set to sign. Good stuff.

Not saying this is wrong information but I'm sure or thought I was sure Walker signed new deal the afternoon of Budge & Levein taking over.

Good news if he does sign new 3 year deal but like Gary Oliver news yesterday I thought he'd already signed a new deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsfc_1874

I am confident that he is itk and that the signing

will be Skacel,R.

Not Skacel I'm afraid

letsalldothebeattie

Not Skacel I'm afraid

Is it today this signing?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm certainly not ITK, but Zal feels right to me, for some reason. Is he getting released by Leeds?

scott herbertson

I'm certainly not ITK, but Zal feels right to me, for some reason. Is he getting released by Leeds?

Id be delighted if so - would shore up the defence and give us a threat at set pieces - also I think his attitude is good for the team

Not saying this is wrong information but I'm sure or thought I was sure Walker signed new deal the afternoon of Budge & Levein taking over.

Good news if he does sign new 3 year deal but like Gary Oliver news yesterday I thought he'd already signed a new deal

unless I heard him wrong a bit mate but the story went Jamie was offered a very good deal pre-admin but that was shelved. Hearts went back with a new 3 year offer but with less dough.

He's still set to accept and his Dad also had a few wise words for him too. Haha.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Id be delighted if so - would shore up the defence and give us a threat at set pieces - also I think his attitude is good for the team

Levein always gave him good praise when he was a pundit. Robbie played next to him. He is a good defender. Things not going well at Leeds. Fans would welcome his return. If what the guys who are claiming to be in the know is correct, then he ticks those boxes too.

Nothing more than a feeling from me though, just seems to fit.

I remember when Souness was in charge at Rangers, he used to get them to narrow the pitch depending on who they were playing..

No idea if they still do this though...

Not allowed by FIFA/UEFA. Club has to register its pitch dimensions at beginning of season.

Gregory House M.D.

Zaliukas taking about ?1k a week?

No danger is it him.

letsalldothebeattie
unless I heard him wrong a bit mate but the story went Jamie was offered a very good deal pre-admin but that was shelved. Hearts went back with a new 3 year offer but with less dough.

He's still set to accept and his Dad also had a few wise words for him too. Haha.

I'm not saying your wrong mate I just thought walker was part of the renewal process when the new era kicked off with Holt, Carrick, Hamilton & Smith but I'm maybe wrong in thinking he was one of them.

Great news either way

Gregory House M.D.

I'm not saying your wrong mate I just thought walker was part of the renewal process when the new era kicked off with Holt, Carrick, Hamilton & Smith but I'm maybe wrong in thinking he was one of them.

Great news either way

They had their year options triggered by the club. None signed new deals as far as I'm aware.

letsalldothebeattie

They had their year options triggered by the club. None signed new deals as far as I'm aware.

Arite so no new deal just same deal with added year on then?

correct, he mentioned that too but a 3 yr offer is in table for JW.

The right move from Hearts. Now we can field a side, and are looking at strength as opposed to necessities, we should be looking to tie our better youngsters down to longer deals.

Not allowed by FIFA/UEFA. Club has to register its pitch dimensions at beginning of season.

Correct, not that rules have bothered that club before, though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Gut feeling? Not ITK but I don't see it being Zaliukas.

Yup, entirely gut. Could be well off though, admittedly.

From BBC Gossip page:

Berwick Rangers midfielder Lee Currie, who began his career at Hibs, is training with Hearts. (Daily Record)

Don't know if true, and if so, I don't know anything about him.

The Real Maroonblood

From BBC Gossip page:

Berwick Rangers midfielder Lee Currie, who began his career at Hibs, is training with Hearts. (Daily Record)

Any idea when the players return to pre season training?

Back to 2005

From BBC Gossip page:

Didn't think the players were training yet?

It all depends on what Leeds new manager wants to do with him, but Zaliukas seems to be so far out of the picture at Leeds I'd love to think Hearts would be in touch with regard to a year long loan paying a percentage (10-15%?) of his basic. If he plays well, they can recall him and sell him in January if they have a buyer.

It's wishful thinking in the extreme, I know but getting Thumb on this type of deal effectively extended our neighbours' stay in the top division by two years!

im sure I read somewhere tomorrow

Ron Burgundy

From BBC Gossip page:

God no. Good mates with the thumb and has a similar I.Q.

letsalldothebeattie
From BBC Gossip page:

Heard this the other day. Like Lee seen him a lot playing for Berwick last couple years when Hearts have been away. He's always been a standout for Berwick always looked much better than League 2. Left Berwick in summer chasing a return to Full Time football.

Would be a good addition to the squad whether he could force himself into a regular might be a different matter.

Looking at his record on their website 17 goals in the league last season. Apparently deadly from a set piece

Not sure I see the merit in Holt, Gomis & Robinson in same side. I suspect we will see 2 from 3 in most games. Mentality will need to be different this season with expectation there to be winning games. Not sure 3 centre mids with a reluctance to get ahead of the ball will be what's required.

Tomorrow seemingly. Currie is meant to be a really good player, had a fantastic season last season with Berwick and think he can step up to the mark. This has all come from the Berwick assistant manager.

Alloa 102x69

Cowdenbeath 98x60

Dumbarton 104x69

Falkirk 105x68

Hibs 105x64

Livingston 102x66

QoS 105x65

Raith 103x64

Rangers 105x68

I stand corrected I knew some were decent sized but I thought Alloa Dumbarton and Raith were smaller than that.

Not sure I see the merit in Holt, Gomis & Robinson in same side. I suspect we will see 2 from 3 in most games. Mentality will need to be different this season with expectation there to be winning games. Not sure 3 centre mids with a reluctance to get ahead of the ball will be what's required.

Are you sure? those three would be my first choice midfield

God no. Good mates with the thumb and has a similar I.Q.

I'm sure RN and CL will assess whether or not his character and attitude is up to scratch.

tartofmidlothian

Tomorrow seemingly. Currie is meant to be a really good player, had a fantastic season last season with Berwick and think he can step up to the mark. This has all come from the Berwick assistant manager.

Who is Mickey's assistant? Is it Makel again?

Archived