January transfer window. Who would settle for a manager ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

Forget the transfer targets, if there are any. Our squad hasn't been tested this season because of all the *****e that's gone on.

Give us a manager who can get the best out of what we've got and let's see where that takes us.

Vlad has been found out and he knows it.

Hearts have been a showcase for second rate Lithuanians who at times have kept better players out of the team.

If we get a decent coach who'll pick players on merit we might actually find out what we've got, and how good they are.

A good example is Bednar who started playing to his capabilities as soon as he left Tynie.

I'd have settled for that 18 months ago, never mind now.

You'll start moaning as soon as we get a new manager that it wasn't the right one. Even if Romanov allowed you to pick the manager you'd still blame him if it all went wrong.

Guest JamboRobbo
You'll start moaning as soon as we get a new manager that it wasn't the right one. Even if Romanov allowed you to pick the manager you'd still blame him if it all went wrong.

okay doke. :mw_rolleyes:

I would take a manager over signings for two reasons.

(1) To get a look at this team under proper management, as I think they have more than enough talent to fly up the league with the right man in charge!

(2) To eliminate Stevie Frail from getting the job, as the longer it takes to appoint someone the more chance Stevie has of staking a claim for the gig.

with regards to number 2 .... I realise he has not got the badges...but would it be hard for Vr to get him the dispensation needed or even bring somone in who has the badges and be a front for Stevie to carry on?

I hope not!! I just want a proper manager who has a track record of making teams better!!

Drylaw Hearts

I'd happily settle for the right Manager.

Oh and another striker to replace the ?25million outgoing Velicka.

We have enough talent in the squad to do much better. Remember Frail has been first team coach all season and look where we are.

We need new blood in at manager level.......NOW

Drylaw Hearts
We have enough talent in the squad to do much better. Remember Frail has been first team coach all season and look where we are.

We need new blood in at manager level.......NOW

You also have to remember he had no real say in team selection, players coming in or out, tactics or substitutions.

You would be aswell sacking the damn kit man aswell.

The answer to the question is Yes. I think everyone would be happy to have a new manager appointed will full autonomy who fills the criteria that the board are apparently looking for. This would satisfy me just now and we could then see this season out, looking forward to the summer, bearing in mind there are no communication problems between our new manager and our sensitive owner between now and then!

I was after a manager at the start of the season. I'm starting to pull my hair out now though, I can just see Frail getting the job come the end of Jan. And as much as I respect the guy he is not the man for the job at this time

Archived