Welcome to Rio

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

Is enyone else watching this its a pretty interesting take on life in the favelas from the people who live in them

Jambo Hud316

Aye I've been watching it, sad seeing these people being wiped out of their homes/favellas

The guy Rocky from the 1st episode, fridge freezer gets delivered for a neighbour and he effortlessly lifts it on his shoulder and starts making the walk up the steep narrow steps to deliver to neighbour...strong as an ox

Chaka Demus & pliers

I found the narration too annoying and had to give up watching it.

Same here - very annoying.

Plus, it seemed to be mostly about a boy dancing and was pretty ****.

I found the narration too annoying and had to give up watching it.

I quite enjoyed it despite Cleo Rocos' irritating narration and constant use of "we" as if she was experiencing daily life in a favela.

Interesting to compare the reality with the portrayal of favela life in City of God/Men.

I wonder what they would make of a documentary called "Welcome to Great Junction Street"........

Adi Dassler

Soops - you should have stuck with it. Best thing on the BBC in years. CD&P - the first one was better, but also enjoyed the second one. Homophobic post by you there IMO.

I quite enjoyed it despite Cleo Rocos' irritating narration and constant use of "we" as if she was experiencing daily life in a favela.

Interesting to compare the reality with the portrayal of favela life in City of God/Men.

I wonder what they would make of a documentary called "Welcome to Great Junction Street"........

Never been to Brazil' or seen the programme. But know Great Junction Street very well. Brought up not far from it. It beats some of the slums in Edinburgh !

Sooperstar

Soops - you should have stuck with it. Best thing on the BBC in years. CD&P - the first one was better, but also enjoyed the second one. Homophobic post by you there IMO.

Nah, I couldn't cope. It had quite a patronising tone to it.

Archived