David Lloyd membership

SK12

Anyone on here a member of a David Lloyd gym and be able to tell me how much a membership costs?

I work there mate.

You're looking at about ?90 for a full membership. Give the membership team a phone. They'll be able to give you a run down of the costs with or without the racquets membership options.

I work there mate.

You're looking at about ?90 for a full membership. Give the membership team a phone. They'll be able to give you a run down of the costs with or without the racquets membership options.

How much without the racquets?

King hell! I'm thinking of joining 'the gym' as it's only 17 a month and no contract.

Anyone know if it's any good?

Tommy Brown

Is it just me? but why can you not just go onto their website and get all the costs, fecking hate websites like that.

Sooperstar

Is it just me? but why can you not just go onto their website and get all the costs, fecking hate websites like that.

Because once you enquire they have your details and can give you the hard sell and then pester you.

Agree, I hate it when you can't just get a price online.

Do The Dance

Because once you enquire they have your details and can give you the hard sell and then pester you.

Agree, I hate it when you can't just get a price online.

I wonder if this technique gets more or less business for them.

I'll admit I looked into it a year or 2 back, couldn't find a price on their site, so looked at another gym to get a price online, which I found, and joined!

Sooperstar

I'll admit I looked into it a year or 2 back, couldn't find a price on their site, so looked at another gym to get a price online, which I found, and joined!

Aye, that's what it generally drives me to do. I cannae be arsed phoning and speaking to an actual person.

My Left Nut
King hell! I'm thinking of joining 'the gym' as it's only 17 a month and no contract.

Anyone know if it's any good?

That is the gym I go to, it is decent. I have never had any problems. Has loads of equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a new pure gym opening near festival square soon is there not? ?10.99 a month for first year I think

There's a new pure gym opening near festival square soon is there not? ?10.99 a month for first year I think

This month I think.

Generic Username

I'm forking out ?90 for a joint membership at Virgin, paying that for just a single membership you'd be expecting a pretty incredible gym. What is it that Davey Lloyd offers that makes it so expensive?

Never understood why people pay silly money for places like David Lloyd. I pay ?30 a month for a gym where I never have to queue for a rack (6 in total I think), dumbells up to 55kg, pretty much every machine going and cardio equipment that sits empty 99% of the time. Free sauna as well.

I'm forking out ?90 for a joint membership at Virgin, paying that for just a single membership you'd be expecting a pretty incredible gym. What is it that Davey Lloyd offers that makes it so expensive?

They have indoor and outdoor pools, steam room, sauna, tennis courts and squash courts. It is a really nice gym but not close to being worth the money. Also I presume the quoted figure is for a 'peak membership' which is what you need unless you don't work during the day as I think the off peak stops at 4pm!

I'm also at 'the gym' and it is perfectly fine as a gym. If I want to go swim I'd rather pay on the odd occasion I want to rather than pay a fortune every month whether I use it or not!

Milfs.

Loads of milfs.

:jjyay:

Was a member of David Lloyd for 12 years. Started off paying ?35 a month and it went up yearly to ?75 when I left. Huge hassle to then leave where they forced me to stay another three months but was actually four as it had to be from the start of a month ( I let them know on the second)

Really bad service and I would. Never go back to them. Rip off merchants.

Go to the Pure Gym in Gorgie. I pay ?16.99 a month.

I'm a member of the David Lloyd just off Glasgow Road. I don't mind paying the excessive fee as it's of a very high quality and it motivates me to go more.

I picked up the price list for a friend the other day, here it is:

yve7agy9.jpg

Tommy Brown

full individual ?94.50, full couple ?75.95.

so do join with a mate and tell them your a couple of fruits.

I'm a member of the David Lloyd just off Glasgow Road. I don't mind paying the excessive fee as it's of a very high quality and it motivates me to go more.

yve7agy9.jpg

?7.50 for a 3 month old baby :vrface:

Sooperstar

yve7agy9.jpg

That's outrageous!

I'm working at Westwoods Health Club for another three weeks before I move on to pastures new. Drop me a PM if you want to try it out (this will be the last such offer).

Prices on-line, no 12 month contract, 1 month notice period massive pool, with Swimtag, and loads of sessions with instructors included in the cost.

Down side for some is that it doesn't have a massive free weights section, but other than that it's the perfect gym.

p.s Thanks for that price list. Saved me the bother of pretending I was interested in membership and jumping through their hoops to get them.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

full individual ?94.50, full couple ?75.95.

so do join with a mate and tell them your a couple of fruits.

I'm guessing but I think it might be ?75.95 for each person within the couple :lol:

Sierra Delta

Anyone know how much bannantynes is?

?55 full membership or ?40 if you're a student.

Not sure what the off-peak prices are.

The People's Chimp

This. Creates a bit of bad feeling, though I'm sure some types are sold on the idea of 'exclusivity.'

Cheers.

loveofthegame

I've been a member at "David Lloyd" since it opened at Newhaven under the guise of "Next Generation". I can also use the club up at Glasgow Road if I want to (it is slightly closer to my flat these days).

It is fairly outrageously priced, but the gym facilities are outstanding, I play tennis and squash and I like to be able to use the steam/sauna/jacuzzi.

It isn't for everyone, but I love it and wouldn't downgrade to paying ?50 a month or whatever for a worse gym without the add-ons.

God, these prices are scandalous. I miss the days of living along the road from Greens where I was paying ?35 a month. Great gym too, never get too busy and decent facilities.

Now I'm out in the sticks, there's absolutely bugger all around here! Not ideal as I hurtle towards middle age!

Gyms don't offer their prices on line if they are expensive because they want you to visit the facility, fall in love with it and say "sod it, I'll pay a bit extra because I can see myself working out here".

If every gym had their prices advertised, you'd visit the cheapest first, then keep going until you found one with everything you needed and join that... Meaning no-one would ever get as far as visiting DL.

They know that's how people make buying decisions if they haven't seen the place, so they keep the prices quiet until they've sold you on everything else.

Pretty sure they've simplified their prices so there are no off peak options any more.

Archived