***Official Hamilton v Hibernian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

grantaitchie8

Absolutely murder to watch, I didn't think hamilton were that bad in the first half, second half however they were hopeless. Hibs looked pretty comfortable as soon as they got the first goal, and hamilton failed to cause them any real bother barring curier's chance at the end of the first half. I said before I'd be extremely surprised to see hibs score 2, but in reality Hamilton were hyped up far too much. Massive difference between the premiership and championship shown tonight.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• Love the JT's

• :shitwine:

• Tenor

That was utter garbage from both teams. Hibs style of football is terrible. At least Hamilton could pass the ball to team mates. I've never seen so many hoofs up the park from a team as Hibs.

Hamilton will cause them a scare on Sunday!

Edited by ecjambo

manaliveits105

An early goal for hamilton in the return would be rather splendid though imagine the hubz throw this away it would be kujabitastic

portobellojambo1

All I realy took from that game is there is a pretty vast gulf between the Championship and SPFL, and the SPFL is far from great. I think that is more a confidence booster for our players, in that it gives them a clear idea of the type of team they will be playing next season. Always have a better day out when visiting Hamilton than Leith anyway, so I ain't bothered in the slightest about the score tonight and the likely final outcome of the tie.

Hibs should stay up now, but I expect we will pass them on our way back to the top division next season as they are heading downwards.

Bazzas right boot

Always fancied Hib's in the away leg.

Away supporters tend to back the team a bit more and the players feel less pressure.

At 2-0 it should be safe, at 1-2 I would have still fancied Hamilton in front of a nervous home support.

A first goal for Hamilton would make it interesting, however if Hub'z score first, could be 4 or 5 to them.

Hamilton a bit disappointing, played very narrow, and their final ball was very poor. Seem to play within themselves and maybe give Hub z too much respect, in the next game if they go for goals as they need too, it could be a nervous Easter road.

Jambofifer

Ha! Ha!

At least someone's on the ball tonight pmsl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambofifer

:facepalm:

Where have I EVER expressed fear of Hibs?

Reality. Hibs are streets ahead of Hamilton, the 2nd best team in that league.

I'll re post your post , sorry if I'm being a nugget but it seemed to me by your post , you'd seem too think it would be harder for us coming up if h1b5 were down with us ?!? Explain or am a just a nugget as a said ?

Your post Realistically, Hibs not coming down will make coming straight back up much easier.

Rudolf's Mate

Good one. Don't you iron your clothes?

Joke bud....

Everyone knows Hibs fans don't iron their clothes, wash or have any form of general hygiene!

Alba gu Brath

Hamilton not living up to the hype - nice fitba at times but no threat up front. Hibs just sat back and scored with their only two chances.

Awful stuff from Hibs but they'll scrape through and be in another relegation 'battle' next year.

letsalldothebeattie

Hamilton played some good football but at end of the day no enough. Fantastic hit from the boy Cummings for first goal. Hibs finally look like they have a decent striker.

Looks certain no derbies next season unless we get them in the cups. Oh well. Still looking forward to next season with or without them

letsmakesomenoise

I'm really annoyed at myself for building myself up to look forward to this game thinking Hamilton were half decent and then sitting through that crap

Awful from Hamilton

Bottled it to a certain extent

This!

I'll re post your post , sorry if I'm being a nugget but it seemed to me by your post , you'd seem too think it would be harder for us coming up if h1b5 were down with us ?!? Explain or am a just a nugget as a said ?

Your post Realistically, Hibs not coming down will make coming straight back up much easier.

Hibs would pick up more points than Hamilton.

Therefore they would make it more difficult if they came down.

Unless what I witnessed from Hamilton tonight gave a false impression of how terrible they are, but I doubt it give how their manager thinks they played well. Even the Hibs back four looked solid tonight. :lol:

Only watched up til the 2nd goal...........Even an awful H1b5 side showed there is a difference in strength and a bit more knowhow between the SPL and the championship.

Up til that 2nd goal Hamilton just looked a bit toothless upfront and it was all pretty football going nowhere really. Even a dire H1b5 defence looked to be coping pretty well, or well enough at least with what Hamilton offered.

Its not over but Hamilton will have to go some to turn it around.

Jambofifer

Hibs would pick up more points than Hamilton.

Therefore they would make it more difficult if they came down.

Unless what I witnessed from Hamilton tonight gave a false impression of how terrible they are, but I doubt it give how their manager thinks they played well. Even the Hibs back four looked solid tonight. :lol:

That explains your post right enough .......

:face palm

Love the JT's

Joke bud....

Everyone knows Hibs fans don't iron their clothes, wash or have any form of general hygiene!

This indeed lol

Love the JT's

Are you trying to get your post count uo by posting full stops everywhere? :)

. aye lol

Edited by Love the JT's

All of this begs the question... Just how bad are Morton?

Edited by Martin_T

That explains your post right enough .......

:face palm

???

What more do you need to explain it? Its not difficult to understand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hamilton offered virtually nothing in the final third all game and after the second goal looked lost and had ran out of ideas!! If that's all they can muster then the tie is over, hibs managed two shots on target and scored both I think

Sooperstar

What price are Hamilton to go up?

They're 14/5 just to win on Sunday. I wouldn't go backing them to win the tie, if odds become available for that.

Jambofifer

???

What more do you need to explain it? Its not difficult to understand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Seriously ? Ooooft !!!!! Have a word !!!!!

Rudolf's Mate

Yes Hibs showed the gulf between the leagues but I think Hamilton came into this a bit naive!

Scoring for fun against a team who couldn't score in a brothel!

Hamilton started well but they seemed intent on putting real height on any balls into the box, most of which were over hit! It was obviously a game-plan to put pressure on their hap-hazard defence and keeper but Hamilton didn't put the quality of ball into trouble either defence or Williams.

Hopefully they see where they've gone wrong and take a more direct approach and still make a game of it!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Hackney Hearts

Hamilton played very very poorly, particularly second half. Doesn't mean they always play poorly or that they're a bad side. And judging any 'gulf' between leagues based on one game is failing to understand the nature of football. When Hearts beat Kilmarnock 5-0 - maybe that showed a gulf between the sides? But then following that up with a 2-4 home defeat from Partick Thistle, presumably there was a gulf with Hearts at the inferior end?

I don't think Hamilton will play as badly as they did in that second half again. I've a feeling it might end up like the qualifier between Scotland and England where we lost 0-2 at home, then won the second leg 1-0 at Wembley.

Pans Jambo

Hamilton played some really nice passing football but tried to walk the ball into the net. Hibs were their usual crap and were lucky that the Hamilton keeper had a mare for their first goal.

As has been said above, big difference between a Premier and championship side. Given this evidence we wont have anything to fear next season.

Already heard the "no way Hamilton will score 3" and "Hibs are now safe" chat on the radio this morning. Reality is that Hamilton only need to score 2 to push the tie into extra time/penalties........which would be nice.

The Old Tolbooth

If Hamilton score first on Sunday then you'll hear the 7000 home end fans arses collapsing, however I can't see it happening to be honest, Hamilton have got nothing to worry Hibs away from home.

What I'd like to see now is Hearts winning the league next season, Hibs going down, The Rangers staying down by losing the play offs (if the SFA allow that to happen), and Hibs keeping them down the following season by coming back up!

HawkeyeTheGnu2.0

Hamilton only played one two leg tie so that would not have made the slightest difference between these two teams

Although this was Hamilton's third game in 8 days, while Hibs had 10 days off. Had QotS made it to the 'final' then they would have been playing midweek-weekend since the end of the championship league season, so the dice are loaded in favour of the premiership club.

oh and Hibs played 38 matches to Accies 36 in the league.

Hibs having 'played' 38 league games is open to dispute...

great result for hibs tbh, hamilton have zero chance of turning it round, heard they were a good little side,they were poor against a really dreadful hibs side...........

Guest C00l K1d

Id say hamilton were probably the best team last night.

Their keeper was shan and their closing down was non existant.

Its not entirely over IMO hamilton just need an early goal.

Id say hamilton were probably the best team last night.

Their keeper was shan and their closing down was non existant.

Its not entirely over IMO hamilton just need an early goal.

Would that not mean that the shite win 2-1 on aggregate?

::troll:::'>

Guest C00l K1d

Would that not mean that the shite win 2-1 on aggregate?

::troll:::'>

:laugh:

At 2-1 hibs will shite themself and park the bus, but they cant defend.

If hamilton nick a goal in the first 20 i reckon they can equalise.

It was such a shite game of football though, as soon as that hamilton player stood of cummings you knew it was going in. The keeper though, it mightve been powerful but it was hit right at him.

Alva-Jambo

Accies goalie did let them down, that was saveable by a half decent stopper. They unusually failed to score,

Hope they can do the biz on the return leg.

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm holding out hope that Hamilton just got the vapors from playing a "big club" and did a faceplant here, and have it in them to churn out a 4-1 romp at ER. (Also that HIbs, having managed a win, will now go back into the torpor they've been in since January and mope about the pitch for 90 minutes.)

Wouldn't put money on it though.

I thought the quickness of the pitch and high bounce worked against Hamilton who over-elaborate. Hibs hit and hope tactics paid off for the first time in ages. Hamilton will play better at ER but I think they'll only manage a draw.

Jambo 4 Ever

Anyone going on Sunday ? I'd be seriously tempted !

Spend your money in the Hearts shop instead

Anyone going on Sunday ? I'd be seriously tempted !

Can't get my head round why anyone would want to go to a hibs game when we aren't involved

Even if hibs were 5-0 down from the first leg I wouldn't want to go

Jambo 4 Ever

Can't get my head round why anyone would want to go to a hibs game when we aren't involved

Even if hibs were 5-0 down from the first leg I wouldn't want to go

Especially paying money to see them!

• 5 years later...