***Official Hamilton v Hibernian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Because it was so much fun the last time they had a guest match thread on here.

And now for some pre-match press conference words from Colonel Tel:

"Fortune favours the brave and people have to stand up now and be counted. I am still very confident that my players can do just that.

"There is a confidence about the team because we've got two more chances.

"You treat these as one-off games. If we win the two games, we stay up obviously."

That'll be that then.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• Love the JT's

• :shitwine:

• Tenor

Bowmans_Boot

I have been saying 3-0 Hamilton all day and stick by that.

If hibs were to waken up and beat the drop then I reckon they would have done that in the Killie game. They didnt and I believe they are going down :)

There is a confidence about the team because we've got two more chances.

Eh? They're confident because their form fell away so badly that they found themselves in 11th? "We had 13 chances to sort it out and didn't so we're really confident about sorting it out in the next two."

:cornette:

Hamilton 4-0 Hibs. Should give Hibs bucketloads of confidence for the second leg.

Edited by Bruno

Terry will think .. "A 0-0 draw at Hamilton, and use home advantage to get over the line."

Reality will show that he, and his team, cannot play a tight defensive game - we're 2-0 down at half time, 3-0 down at the final whistle. Scraped a 1-0 win against a resolute Hamilton at Easter road and were relegated. But not before Petrie had made some vain attempt to pull some loophole or league reconstruction out of the bag.

Guest C00l K1d

I just cant see hibs coming down with us, it'd be too good to be true.

That said, i can't see where hibs goals are going to come from. I think hibs will win 1-0 in both legs, scrappy/lucky goals are all they'll score. I'm not sure i like the 2 legged final though, finals should be decided on the day.

Edited by The Heartbreak Kid

downunderjambo

can anyone tell me if the away goals rule is going to be used in these games see it was not used in england

Guest GhostHunter

Whilst funny if it happened, I'd really rather they stayed up.

I want them to suffer next season before bottling it, and coming down next year - just as we go back up.

can anyone tell me if the away goals rule is going to be used in these games see it was not used in england

No, they don't count away goals doubled in the event of a draw.

Think Hamilton will win 2-0 tonight, and draw at the Echodome. If so, I'll be screeching with laughter watching the Hibs fans at the end.

Karma, eh?

I want them to suffer next season before bottling it, and coming down next year - just as we go back up.

No chance. Can you imagine them coming down in the year they held their relegation party for us?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Kenny ******* Powers

More rambling from the leader of TBGWA -

It fills your sandwiches and you clean your teeth with it.

:wtf:

"Neil believes the unfamiliarity of the artificial surface at New Douglas Park could work against Hibs.

"Hopefully, we can take advantage of that and we'll do as best we can," he added.

"It lends itself to the way we play in terms of getting the ball down, passing it; good quick, sharp movements. Middle-to-front, we've been really, really good this season and hopefully we continue that."

If Hamilton do, indeed, play as their manager describes then I hope the Hibs fans applaud the jubilant Accies from the field of play. It looks like Neil has lifted his style of play straight from the Hibernian Football Club Book of Total Football (Brazilian edition). The last time the hallowed book was seen was when Tony Mowbray left the club library with a brown paper bag under his arm. Tony seemed to have applied some of the books principles during his reign, but was widely considered too Neanderthal to implement the total football model.

1-0 to the Accies tonight with the second leg being a 1-1with them being refused a stonewaller in the 96th min

Agree. They stay up, have renewed delusional self belief, sign some huddy journeymen, struggle from the start and tel gets sacked.... yes please.

letsalldothebeattie

I'm going 2-0 Hamilton.

I reckon for Hibs to be in with any chance on Sunday they will need to score tonight but I just can't see how they will.

Hamilton will have too much for them in front of a massive home support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I think hibs will win over the 2 legs!!

Heffernan being fit again is a lift for them.

aye...and don't forget Mcjake.

Shite is shite. Accies win.

Can't underrstand why Terry is criticised so much on here. He has applied his strategy of going behind in games to take the pressure off with commendable consistency. I think he will succeed again and 3-0 to Accies looks about right.

I couldn't be further away from this. Whilst I'd get on with it and be disheartened if they stay up, their relegation this year would be utterly perfect.

On the game, I think it's all about tonight. If Hamilton take any sort of lead Hibs will bottle it at home. Tonight is all about stanes, not sure if any of those Hibs players have any.

chuck berrys hairline

Hibs to travel along the m8 with their bottle green car crash mangled arse's left in Leith!

Sexton Hardcastle

I assume if Hibs do win Hamilton will be writing to the press/PM/anyone who will listen about Hibs winning while having an unmanageable debt and cheating their way to victory?

lauriesrank

Wouldn't be surprised that after the hobbits get relegated that they will appeal against Hamiltons 10-2 win on the last day, saying there was cheating involved.... and ask for a full scale investigation into it.

The Internet

I've been convinced Hibs are going down now since they lost the Ross County game. Knew they'd get beat by Killie, absolutely certain they will lose this playoff.

letsalldothebeattie

What's Butcher going to have done in last 10 days to change their fortunes? Nothing they will lose the night and lose Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holyrood_Hearts

Nothing would please me more than to see that mob relegated.

The wee team fans deserve it.

C'mon the Accies!!

lauriesrank

Have went ball deep on hamilton halftime/fulltime 10/3

7/2 on Paddy power and 17/10 just to win :)

Prince Buaben

Hamilton may scrape this 1-0.

Still get the feeling that Hibs may surprise a few and win both legs.

magicjohnston

Normally I'd be all for as easy a championship as possible. But the fact the mutant fans for the first time in years sold out the roseburn to hold some sort of 'relegation party' while they were on a downward spiral would please me no end I they were relegated! I've never seen a club and fans set themselves up for huge failings as many times as they have!!what goes around comes around!!!: scotland double to give accies a comfortable lea into Sunday!!

Hearts Heritage

Last 2 seasons they played each other

Sun 13 Sep 2009 Hamilton Academical 2 Hibernian 0

Sat 23 Jan 2010 Hibernian 5 Hamilton Academical 1

Sat 10 Apr 2010 Hamilton Academical 4 Hibernian 1

Sat 18 Sep 2010 Hibernian 1 Hamilton Academical 1

Tue 01 Mar 2011 Hamilton Academical 1 Hibernian 2

Sun 17 Apr 2011 Hibernian 1 Hamilton Academical 2

Sat 07 May 2011 Hamilton Academical 1 Hibernian 0

HAFC 4 D1 HFC 2

Guest C00l K1d

If hibs stay up i cant imagine theyll make the same **** up to get themselves in relegation/play offs again.

Theyll still be bottom tier shite but i cant see it happening again.

The Mighty Thor

When Mickael Antoine-Curier rams in his third on the stroke of half time, I'll be laughing myself into an asthma attack.

3-0 Hamilton tonight. Terry's army of loanees have chucked it and it's all going to blow up right in his face.

Radio Forth are bringing back Father Andy for the late phone in tonight :smug: