Motherwell fans: Shameful

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

I stumbled upon this thread about Heart's programme and came across a range of comments, ranging from mild compliments to potential libel. Generally, they seem to think Hearts did this for money and that our players had no right to comment on 'their' player. They're a pretty disgusting lot.

I stumbled upon this thread about Heart's programme and came across a range of comments, ranging from mild compliments to potential libel. Generally, they seem to think Hearts did this for money and that our players had no right to comment on 'their' player. They're a pretty disgusting lot.

Feck 'em.

They've been bitter and resentful ever since we waved tenners at them when Ravenscraig shut down.

Patrick Bateman

One of their MODERATORS gets in on it too, check out AL_B's post.

"I expected the tributes from the Hearts players in the programme to be along the lines of

"I first meet Phil when I baggage handler at airport. One day I am bag on head and put in back of van with family, all of sudden in Pink building in Eddinburg. I told to kick ball around and roll round on grass and OH MY GOODNESS, he there again. Me very sad"

Ive said it before that Motherwell fans are the sc um of the earth, lets face it if people here on Kickback had started making smart remarks about the tribute paid by Hearts to Phil O Donnell im pretty sure it would make it in one of the papers.

Patrick Bateman
They have got a point about the turds who are selling the programes on ebay.

How about Special_aka who says

"Just got mine at Jambohuns

And before anyone wonders why I bought mine thru Hearts..... I reckon that's where the e-bay ones are coming from so that's 3 less for them to make sick profit on"

Is he suggesting that HEARTS are selling these programmes on ebay so they can make more money?

ToadKiller Dog

"

Is he suggesting that HEARTS are selling these programmes on ebay so they can make more money?

Yes they are suggesting i think that it hearts fans who are selling them on ebay

thats to be expected no group of neds are going to blame there own be they neds from motherwell or anywhere else .

Agree some of there comments are from low brow morons but

Still who ever is looking to make a profit out of it is a turd.

To be realistic, what Hearts did (produce that programme) was always going to polarise people into "it's a stunt to make money" and "what a wonderful gesture" (OK with lots of scope in between these two extremes) ...

... and if something has some rarity value, it will always appear on eBay.

**** poor reaction from those Well fans.

I was actually gonna register for that site simply so I could have my say.

How the hell can HMFC be slated, for producing a special programme, from which ALL profits will be passed on to charity?

Thats a feckin no brainer to me!

To be fair tho, Motherwell players/officials have offered praise for the gesture, which is fine. It's just a shame there is no legislating for gimps turnin up on an internet forum.

As for the mod havin a go at us.......well done. Trotting out some old xenophobic crap that was "funny" about 2 years ago.

In saying that, Motherwell is about 2 years behind the rest of the world, so maybe this mod is actually a groundbreaking comic through there?!

You cant win with these plums, really poor show and you would expect at least one of them to defend what was a decent gesture by Hearts FC. Hope we turn these mugs over tonight, good will out the window now lets go for the jugular !!!

Commander Harris

unfortunately I'm not surprised by some of the xenophobic comments on there, seems to be a big problem with motherwell fans :(

The Old Tolbooth

The biggest laugh for me was the smeltic fan on there who was saying Hearts fans were profiting from his death!

Oh the irony!

It's a shame that people are so cynical these days. Regardless of what benefits there might have been for Hearts in terms of generating goodwill, it was still a kind gesture on their part and I'm sure the O'Donnell family will see it that way.

I think they're actually claiming that Hearts (as in the club) are the ones putting things on eBay to generate demand for the programmes...which is just ludicrous. Whoever it is selling them should feel ashamed of themselves though.

Nelly Terraces
Hearts even produced more to stop the touts on ebay!!

These mongers won't bother with that (or the fact that the people bought proggies in the 1st place - so they're not doing P O'ds family out of any money from them - has anyone, especially these troll pondlife thought of that). It doesnt suite their hate filled agenda.

I quite frankly dont care about Phil O'Donnell, more people die every day in worse ciorcumstances. I feel terrible for his wife and kids, but that's it.

Hope we smash this lot tonight, they are, nah, I better not say it, don't want banned again.

unfortunately I'm not surprised by some of the xenophobic comments on there, seems to be a big problem with motherwell fans :(

People at the bottom of the social pile like them are often the ones with the most xenophobic attitudes.

One of their MODERATORS gets in on it too, check out AL_B's post.

"I expected the tributes from the Hearts players in the programme to be along the lines of

"I first meet Phil when I baggage handler at airport. One day I am bag on head and put in back of van with family, all of sudden in Pink building in Eddinburg. I told to kick ball around and roll round on grass and OH MY GOODNESS, he there again. Me very sad"

Have to admit... I did chuckle at that...

However, I thought Hearts received deserved praise for the way they handled the game, programme and all surrounding it. disappointing this

Ingrateful *****.

Hearts didn't have to do anything to commemorate Phil's memory, but they did. Considering they're not making any money out of this, it's a damn good gesture.

Well after that, they can shove it.

Ingrateful *****.

Hearts didn't have to do anything to commemorate Phil's memory, but they did. Considering they're not making any money out of this, it's a damn good gesture.

Well after that, they can shove it.

Er, have you read the thread? There's a couple of idiots, that's all! So now a couple of message board posters speak for the entire fanbase of Motherwell FC?

As an aside, I've generally always thought they've never liked us: I can remember that monumental stink they kicked up when our game at Fir Park got abandoned at half time because of impossible conditions some years back. A lot of 'Well fans do seem to have a major chip on their shoulder when it comes to us (indeed, later that season, there was an absolutely pathetic article in their programme by a fan who called us the "Huns of the East" and spoke of his ecstacy when they won at Tynie in 1982, so stopping us from going up. It was so sour, it was unbelievable). Again though, it's just a general sense - and I'm absolutely certain the vast bulk of their fans will have appreciated what we did with the programme and the way we paid tribute to Phil.

Er, have you read the thread? There's a couple of idiots, that's all! So now a couple of message board posters speak for the entire fanbase of Motherwell FC?

As an aside, I've generally always thought they've never liked us: I can remember that monumental stink they kicked up when our game at Fir Park got abandoned at half time because of impossible conditions some years back. A lot of 'Well fans do seem to have a major chip on their shoulder when it comes to us (indeed, later that season, there was an absolutely pathetic article in their programme by a fan who called us the "Huns of the East" and spoke of his ecstacy when they won at Tynie in 1982, so stopping us from going up. It was so sour, it was unbelievable). Again though, it's just a general sense - and I'm absolutely certain the vast bulk of their fans will have appreciated what we did with the programme and the way we paid tribute to Phil.

If it wasn't for the swear blocker, you'd have seen my insult was singular. Aimed at the tool for the airport post.

It was my understanding that any profits from tne programme were going to the widow and children.

You got that spot on. This is right out off order.:mad:

Typical west-coast mentality. They saw some money going to Phil O'D's family and they're just hacked off that they're not getting a share of the handout.

Incidentally I'll be running for the the Scottish parliament next time around on a policy of all-out nuclear obliteration of all points west of Linlithgow.

loveofthegame

In fairness most of them seem to be saying that it was a nice gesture, although then go on to have a dig. But **** them, they're Motherwell fans so have no rhyme or reason to be complimentary about us. They're a rival SPL side and i couldnt care less whether they hate us or not.

And am i the only person who doesnt see anything massively wrong with selling the programme on ebay?! The profit of the ?3 face value price goes to the O'Donnell family whether or not it gets resold- it doesnt affect their share at all.

If someone chooses to put it up on ebay and someone else is prepared to pay more than face value for it then i say fair enough?! Not being heartless just isnt something that bothers me.

-->people all over the world profit from others death, its a fact of life

And for what its worth i didn't buy a programme, never do and i dont have an ebay account!! I am not trying to defend my own actions, just giving my opinion!

scottish_chicP

I was under the impression all the proceeds went to a charity of his family's choice?

Have to admit... I did chuckle at that...

However, I thought Hearts received deserved praise for the way they handled the game, programme and all surrounding it. disappointing this

Didn't find it amusing at all.

Seems to back up a lot of peoples opinion on Murderwell as a shower of xenophobes with a sprinkling of racists just to top the dish off!!

Hammer them Hearts it's all they deserve.

:mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Jobless **** with nothing better to do than hate now the steel works etc are all closed.

Crap wee club that will fade away again after this season.

Murderwell!

Jobless **** with nothing better to do than hate now the steel works etc are all closed.

Crap wee club that will fade away again after this season.

Murderwell!

Spot on (as is your signature)

WestcoastJambo
Typical west-coast mentality. They saw some money going to Phil O'D's family and they're just hacked off that they're not getting a share of the handout.

Incidentally I'll be running for the the Scottish parliament next time around on a policy of all-out nuclear obliteration of all points west of Linlithgow.

Aye, that wee coastal village of Motherwell, I'll pick up some postcards and rock for everyone tonight.:ninja:

I am sick of those scemey feckers

your player died im sorry he had zero to do with our club, y shoule we have dedicated an entire program to him? he had good covergae in it

we need to cater for HMFC fans

i'm sick of hearing about PO'D, Motherwell and bleedin brave as a lion

In the words of Kevin Keegan i'd loav it if we beat em tonight, i'd loav it!

Aye, that wee coastal village of Motherwell, I'll pick up some postcards and rock for everyone tonight.:ninja:

Anything west of PC World is west coast as far as i'm concerned :)

cobbyshambles

would they have said anything if no mention was made in the programme?I don't know what else they expected hearts to do.It was certainly more than most clubs would offer.

Let's face it.

Motherwell Fans are just Old Firm fans who cannot afford the bus fare to Glasgow.

Tramps.

Shame about POD, but as for Motherwell FC and their fans? Feck them and all that they stand for.

ZERO tolerance for all that is not HMFC.

Anything west of PC World is west coast as far as i'm concerned :)

A bit unfair to the Cramond Brig, no...???

:smile:

As I like to point out to my mates from Bathgate, to us they're west-coast illegitimates; to the weegies they're east-coast illegitimates; and to everyone else they're just illegitimates!

(But that's what you get for coming from Bathgate...! :torture:)

:biggrin:

SPECIAL AKA - Regarding his post on the Well site. I have spoken to him and what he means is that he bought 3 tributes direct from Hearts to stop people cashing in on O'Donnell. Apparently these very tributes are being sold on ebay from Edinburgh addresses. Thats embarrassing from a Hearts point of view. He applauded Hearts fans & management for everything they have done but thought ebay selling by minority in poor taste. I have to agree.

SPECIAL AKA - Regarding his post on the Well site. I have spoken to him and what he means is that he bought 3 tributes direct from Hearts to stop people cashing in on O'Donnell. Apparently these very tributes are being sold on ebay from Edinburgh addresses. Thats embarrassing from a Hearts point of view. He applauded Hearts fans & management for everything they have done but thought ebay selling by minority in poor taste. I have to agree.

Tarnish all with the actions of a few?

Feck him! The use of the word Jambohuns in the first sentence condemns him in my view. Doesn't exactly sound respectful to HMFC does he??? Any backtracking cuts no ice.

Let's give them a right good going over tonight.

Re the e-bay Jambos, there certainly is an element of profiteering goes on when we go to foreign climes. More often than not you get a programme (leaflet) for free. Most of us get two or three of these and give them to mates but certain people try and rip off fellow Jambos by flogging them these. Pondlife, yes but sadly every support has these bawbags!!!

"Just got mine at Jambohuns

And before anyone wonders why I bought mine thru Hearts..... I reckon that's where the e-bay ones are coming from so that's 3 less for them to make sick profit on"

I read this thread last night on welltrust and was pretty peed of so i e-mailed them telling them that i would give my programme away for nothing to one of the posters bad mouthing hearts if they could arrange this but have not had a response yet.

Basically i was trying to shame them whilst at the same time letting them know that not everbody is out to make a quick few quid from someone elses tragedy. I doubt i'll get a response now.

They hate us, and while it probably goes back much longer, they had a Hibs-esque run against us in the late 80s/early 90s (about 17 games or something, including some proper gubbings) which I think has a lot to do with it. Which was probably around the time we were all waving cash at the schemie dole scroungers. Ho ho!

Hope we feckin gub them tonight.

Tarnish all with the actions of a few?

Is that not exactly what this thread is doing with Motherwell fans and people from Motherwell?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Spot on (as is your signature)

Cheers Bud,

After we thrash them tonight the world will sleep a little better! Well i will!;)

boabyarsebiscuit

Hopefully Jose Goncalves or Christian Nade won't do anything outrageous tonight (like tackle somebody, or heaven forbid, score a goal) so that the Well fans don't boo them every time they touch the ball, or make monkey noises at them.

Archived