If Velicka got injured / was sold

Jammy T

There may still be a debate about his merits but it cannot be doubted he is the only striker we have at present who looks like he will score regularly.

Lets change the angle of debate a wee bit.

What would we do without him. Who would play?

There may still be a debate about his merits but it cannot be doubted he is the only striker we have at present who looks like he will score regularly.

The thing is JT, we can't do without him at the moment as our other strikers at the club couldn't score in a bag of ******s.

Drylaw Hearts

Struggle.

The Old Tolbooth

It would give Gretna a huge lifeline because our goals would stop totally and we have no one else who can hit the onion bag!

No problem if he gets injured. just stick a plaster on him and tell him to move his fat arse up the pitch. Did he not play on against kille with a broken toe?

I have faith that we will defo bring in 1 or 2 strikers within a week, we will defo need them as elliot is pants ! Would still like to see makela given a decent chance! A lot of people on here don't rate him but how many mintues has he got on the pitch for the 2 years he has being here !

Guest JamboRobbo
You have more faith in Vlads transfer window activities than I do....

I must be a :282::)

Are you suggesting we haven't replaced Skacel, Hartley, Pressley, Webster etc with better?

sign someone better for a lot less money?

Sign someone better for a lot less money?? your comment doesn't make sense to me JR,a lot less money than what?Velicka is on loan and didn't cost us anything.

I would also like to wager he aint a very high earner compared to some.

I must be a :282::)

Are you suggesting we haven't replaced Skacel, Hartley, Pressley, Webster etc with better?

With Driver, Stewart, Berra and Zaliukas

Two of those are in house and none are as good.

Although I reckon Ruben is better than Hartley was just before we sold him and Eggy is better than Brellier.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sign someone better for a lot less money?? your comment doesn't make sense to me JR,a lot less money than what?

the 3.75M which apparently we won't sell him unless we get?

He he - JR in ironic role reversal shocker.....

I'd say Vlads HIT v MISS ratio on signings is 1 hit for every 5 misses.

I know you dont really rate Velicka JR but life without him and reliance upon a rare signing hit taking his place and immediately scoring goals scares me a little...

I know you dont really rate Velicka JR but life without him and reliance upon a rare signing hit taking his place and immediately scoring goals scares me a little...

we have already had this seasons hit with Ruben.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed it's scary thinking of our signing policy, but if it's true we've got a temporary manager and are getting a real manager who are allowed to choose the players they sign, signing players shouldn't be quite such a lottery as it has been.

And Velicka has done a lot better of late. If he can keep up that level of performance, I'll rate him higher than I did up till recently. On Saturday, he even threatened to go the full 90 minutes without resorting to hobbling with an injury. I thought I was seeing things. :blink:

the 3.75M which apparently we won't sell him unless we get?

In todays market i agree with the quoted figure,if Rangers think cousin is woth 3.5 million then velicka imo is worth more.

Guest JamboRobbo
In todays market i agree with the quoted figure,if Rangers think cousin is woth 3.5 million then velicka imo is worth more.

so it'll be no problem to sign a striker for less than 3.75M surely? e.g. Naismith, Boyd, McCormack and Mcdonald. could've signed the four of them for WAY less than 3.75M.

so it'll be no problem to sign a striker for less than 3.75M surely? e.g. Naismith, Boyd, McCormack and Mcdonald. could've signed the four of them for WAY less than 3.75M.

Give me a name that YOU would like Hearts to go for then?.

Guest JamboRobbo
Give me a name that YOU would like Hearts to go for then?.

I'd have signed scott McDonald 18 months ago when he was begging to join Hearts or Hibs.

Right now, I'd be in for McCormack. But due to the rep our club has at the moment, I think we'd have no chance. If our club had a better reputation, I think we'd be able to lure him away with the promise of better pay AND regular first team football.

Drylaw Hearts
Is this not all pie in the sky anyway as he is Kaunas' player?

Or is it just me?

No, you're not a Kaunas player.

Although I reckon Ruben is better than Hartley was just before we sold him and Eggy is better than Brellier.

we really miss his drive in the middle, he was a proper box to box midfielder

I'd have signed scott McDonald 18 months ago when he was begging to join Hearts or Hibs.

Right now, I'd be in for McCormack. But due to the rep our club has at the moment, I think we'd have no chance. If our club had a better reputation, I think we'd be able to lure him away with the promise of better pay AND regular first team football.

McDonald is a good shout,i wanted us to go for him also.

This is just my opinion but i believe Velicka is a far more prolific finisher than McCormack.

not really for the 6 months before we sold him on. I agree in the cup winning season he was amazingly good, he lost his way before we sold him.

Aye his missus box and his tart on the sides.

that's called a contradiction in terms????

anyway what did Velicka cost and what does he earn....I suspect that Nade is earning a lot more judging by the car he drives and he's faded after a positive first game against the Huns....quality doesnae come cheap....and despite what you may think, Velicka is showing quality .... plenty of it as well.

I recognise that you have attempted to answer this already by talking about his respective value but this player cost nothing and on a monthly basis does not cost us anywhere near as much as other players.

Any sale would surely (and correctly) bring a profit to Kaunas, meaning that a player we had for nothing would earn us nothing when sold. So, you think that we could get a better player for less than nothing? Sadly some folk are never happy.

Would I be correct then in saying that you would have us get rid of our top goalscorer and only approach players we have no choice of signing?:confused:

I recognise that you have attempted to answer this already by talking about his respective value but this player cost nothing and on a monthly basis does not cost us anywhere near as much as other players.

Any sale would surely (and correctly) bring a profit to Kaunas, meaning that a player we had for nothing would earn us nothing when sold. So, you think that we could get a better player for less than nothing? Sadly some folk are never happy.

Sobered up Saaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhn?

Guest JamboRobbo

Any sale would surely (and correctly) bring a profit to Kaunas,

So you think it's correct for Hearts to be used as a shop window, taking in whatever mediocre players Kaunus have to offer, showcasing them in the SPL (to the detriment of HMFC's results), and then allowing Kaunus to pocket the profit if any of the "players/diddies" they send us turn out to be any good?

meaning that a player we had for nothing would earn us nothing when sold. So, you think that we could get a better player for less than nothing?

I'd say the cost of taking in players from Kaunus has been MUCH MUCH more than just a monetary thing.

Guest JamboRobbo
Would I be correct then in saying that you would have us get rid of our top goalscorer and only approach players we have no choice of signing?:confused:

What do you think? :confused:

So you think it's correct for Hearts to be used as a shop window, taking in whatever mediocre players Kaunus have to offer, showcasing them in the SPL (to the detriment of HMFC's results), and then allowing Kaunus to pocket the profit if any of the "players/diddies" they send us turn out to be any good?

Should Hearts get the transfer fee for Roman Bednar? If we have a player on loan, we cannot expect to get the transfer fee for their future sale.

What do you think? :confused:

That is what your post states, although you seem to apportion a certain amount of blame for our teams position on our top goal scorer so it does not surprise me that you may post that.

WK, ;-X

Archived