Velicka now priced at 3.75M........

Clerry Jambo

Oh, so Valdas never said we were looking at 2 world cup players?

Check my English mate - I didnt say "promise"

Vlad did not promise us world cup players

Valdas DID say we were looking at 2 world cup players

Keep up with your short fuse buddy!

Larry being one of those players.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
Isn't the Velicka price a way of the Club telling people he's not for sale.

I think they're playing the same game they played with Gordon to bump the price up. Successfully.

Every window, player and club have stuff in the papers. Next window, the price starts where it left off previous window. then when we find some team stupid enough to pay the asking price, we take the money and run.

If it results in us getting crazy money for Velicka as well, then what a piece of business. Don't think he'll go this window, but the summer is a real possibility IMO, (if we get the crazy offer they are after).

[Drylaw Hearts/JamboRobbo

?5m ?

Well maybe, (just maybe) that's a bit adventurous, but it's all down to opinions, isn't it?

Would you honestly have thought that anyone would have offered circa ?8M for Hutton? (although I do think he is a good player).

Andrius Velička has a very impressive goal scoring record in Scotland, that's the bottom line.

Clubs thinking of buying him will ask 2 questions. Firstly what are the chances of him continuing to score as regularly in a better more competitive league (with better players around him) and secondly how much are we prepared to spend to get him.

?3.75 M ? ?5M ? No interest ? We'll find out soon enough.

Just for clarity I wouldn't spend ?5M of Hearts money on him (or ?3.75 for that matter), but as a selling club, I'd expect Romanov to generate top dollar.

As I say it's all about opinions.

tell me more about this 'Playstation one' thing - I may be interested...

I am with you here John. We could not buy a striker of equal quality for ?5M. His value to us is relative to our situation, and I value that far in excess fo ?5M.

You are probably too young to rem the PS1.;)

Bottom line is that Velicka is a damn good player.

bilston angel

Its what he's worth to us at the moment that matters, thats why that figure is on his head, and if anyone is daft enough to stump up grab it with both hands (provided the money is coming to Hearts). We could buy two half decent strikers for that money if the money is spent wisely.

Velicka's not worth that sort of money, but i still wouldn't take it for him 'cause we'd never see the dosh and never replace him either.

At this moment i would rather have Velicka than Mcfadden.

We need player's who will dig in and fight for us.Mcfadden is a bit of a luxury player.He seem's to start more game's on the bench than getting the nod right from kick off.

Big Eck payed over the odd's for him inho,because of the goal he scored in Paris.

Watching highlight's or live match's from the EPL he never seem's to be the same player who play's for Scotland.

The White Cockade

its a non-story anyway

how can Hearts put a price on him

he's only on loan

and as somebody else said the money wouldn't come to us so why would we want him to move on

Calum Elliot and Benny in the first team anyone?

The Cusin bid didnt happen mate, it was Rangers who started the rumour themselves because they want rid of him and are trying to generate some interest.

The only reason they signed him in the first place was because they thought they had lost out on Naismith, but he signed with minutes to go in the last transfer deadline and they were then left with one player too many.

The reason they said an offer of 2.5M has been bid is because he has a clause in his contract which releases him if any bid of 3M or over comes in for him.

It's basically a desperate bid on Rangers behalf to try and get an English club to part with 3M for an over rated donkey!

Don't ya just love how you get the inside track on here.....:confused:

If he does well tonight (pun intended) he will be off in the window!!

There are a few english club scouts at the game tonight.

?3mill and we have a deal!!

The Cusin bid didnt happen mate, it was Rangers who started the rumour themselves because they want rid of him and are trying to generate some interest.

The only reason they signed him in the first place was because they thought they had lost out on Naismith, but he signed with minutes to go in the last transfer deadline and they were then left with one player too many.

The reason they said an offer of 2.5M has been bid is because he has a clause in his contract which releases him if any bid of 3M or over comes in for him.

It's basically a desperate bid on Rangers behalf to try and get an English club to part with 3M for an over rated donkey!

Just heard on the radio - Cousin HAS just been sold to Fulham for - wait for it - ?3M. You couldn't make it up. Bought for ?1m in the summer - berated by the Home support yet his value trebles in less than 6mths.

Remember Boumsong (sp) how do Rankers do it?:confused:

What is the point of selling him ?

We know fine well that the money doesn't get reinvested in the team.

Pedro Lopez has already stated that the ?9m for Gordon hasn't been spent. I suspect it has. Just not on us.

He's a Kaunas player so the money should logically go to them. The worst part of this is, if Vlad sees a Lithuanian going for that amount of money, it might give him the impetus to bring even more of them over.

We're told often enough we're not a selling club. And although he isn't technically ours, selling the top goalscorer in our team when there's no pressing need is madness to me.

If he does well tonight (pun intended) he will be off in the window!!

There are a few english club scouts at the game tonight.

?3mill and we have a deal!!

After his performance last night I am not sure that any of them would offer a nominal fee.:eek:

Not talking about his glaring miss which can happen to any striker, particularly one as average as Velicka who has been on a good run of scoring(watch him warming up and see how many like last night's he misses). But his lack of ability in holding the ball up - it took to 25 minutes of the game last night before he had a touch of the ball which didn't lead to us losing the ball. Looked mildly better when we went 2 up front. But still an absolute shocker of a game.

Archived