Velicka now priced at 3.75M........

Clerry Jambo

Gimme an H...
He's priceless to us at the moment but he's not literally priceless.

Thats what I meant.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp
:eek:

I like Velicka but he's only scored 2 more SPL goals than Colin Nish and 1 less than Noel Hunt.

A reality check would not do you any harm.

He has only had 13 starts.

7 games for Lithuania and 1 goal according to Wikipedia. Don't know if that is right. Given how few options Lithuania have (Beniusis has 18 caps and 1 goal according to Wikipedia - what a shame the last line is about his nickname on that site) not very impressive if right.

James McFadden is a ?5million player.

Does anyone really think Velicka is worth the same amount of money as him ?

Some apparently do. Will metaphorically eat my hat if Velicka goes to the Premiership.

The reality is that EPL teams pay more than the true value of players to get them because they can

So Hearts put a price of more than the true value of Velicka on his head because they know an EPL team is in for him.

Bolton are either still interested or they are not.

As I asked on another thread though - what on earth would we do without him at present?

About ?3 million over his worth then. He is not getting any younger and the SPL is not exactly the best league in Europe. Noel Hunt is the second best scorer FFS!

The reality is that EPL teams pay more than the true value of players to get them because they can

So Hearts put a price of more than the true value of Velicka on his head because they know an EPL team is in for him.

As I asked on another thread though - what on earth would we do without him at present?

Play another striker.

They might or might not score as many. They might or might not improve the chances of other players in the team.

what on earth would we do without him at present?
Find a replacement, if Noel Hunt can score 10 goals in half a season in the SPL then just about any cont can :)

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay! EPL clubs pay double a players worth in many cases, McFadden is an example, the OF were going to bid ?2-3M for him but Birminham pay ?6M. Vlad will get every penny possible for any player we sell, remember people on here going nuts at us turning down ?5m for CG yet vlad got very close to the ?10m he sayed he wanted, so if he says ?3.75 for Velicka then he won't go for very much less than that imho !

Play another striker.

They might or might not score as many. They might or might not improve the chances of other players in the team.

Who?

Elliot

Nade

Makela

Both Elliot and Nade have already had runs in the team this season without huge success. Velicka has hardly held them back

We haven't even reinvested the money we have got for selling our own bloody players.

What chance do have of spending Kaunas's money !!

We are getting the ?51 million stand for free, Vlad has done nothing for Hearts.

Find a replacement, if Noel Hunt can score 10 goals in half a season in the SPL then just about any cont can :)

Nade cant

Elliot cant

Makela cant

Buy Noel Hunt?

yeah, he'd only cost about 500k.

BTW Makela has only had about 3 starts in 2 years, Nade is built like Stephen Lee and Elliot is not a footballer.

Drylaw Hearts
We are getting the ?51 million stand for free, Vlad has done nothing for Hearts.

I was not having a dig at VR.

I was pointing out that we haven't reinvested in the squad with the money we've received for our own players, yet some think we will get some of the money FBK Kaunas receive for Velicka to spend.

I do not expect VR to bankroll us.

I've said that many times in the past.

Who?

Elliot

Nade

Makela

Both Elliot and Nade have already had runs in the team this season without huge success. Velicka has hardly held them back

Are we saying that Velicka is the only possible striker we could have at Hearts who would score goals? No opportunities in the transfer market?

I don't think that either Elliot or Nade is the answer, but I don't remember them getting a decent run of consecutive games in the team. Makela has had no chance. Neither did Pospisil.

Hehe, I think some people think we might see the money.

This would be Romanov's dream if he was to sell one of the Kaunas exports for that sort of money, and would worry me about more and more being shipped through the club.

Hope Vel stays though.

If it means we get more of the type of player like Velicka then i'm all for it.

This is just a ploy to ward off bidders.

Anyway, if Velicka went to Bolton, they would definitely be in the relegation zone and it would be his fault despite his goals.

This is just a ploy to ward off bidders.

Anyway, if Velicka went to Bolton, they would definitely be in the relegation zone and it would be his fault despite his goals.

Do you think Velicka would score any goals in the Premiership?

Doesn't matter what price Hearts value him.Kuanas now thats a different matter.:wacko:

Do you think Velicka would score any goals in the Premiership?

He'd score goals anywhere IMO.

Probably better suited to a 'European' league if we're honest though.

James McFadden is a ?5million player.

Does anyone really think Velicka is worth the same amount of money as him ?

If you are comparing goals scored record then yes, as much as I admire McFadden I wouldn't swap Velicka for him.

Teams will always pay over the odds for strikers as decent, in-form strikers are an extremely valuable commodity.

He'd score goals anywhere IMO.

Probably better suited to a 'European' league if we're honest though.

I think he might score a handful as he can belt the ball if he gets it facing the goal from 12-20 yards out. But Premiership managers will look for more than that.

There are dozens of players in the lower leagues in England for example who can belt the ball at goal.

Drylaw Hearts
If you are comparing goals scored record then yes, as much as I admire McFadden I wouldn't swap Velicka for him.

Teams will always pay over the odds for strikers as decent, in-form strikers are an extremely valuable commodity.

I didn't actually think anyone would post that.

Are we saying that Velicka is the only possible striker we could have at Hearts who would score goals? No opportunities in the transfer market?

Not at all

I have no faith in Hearts ability to either scout the right talent, attract the right talent, or convince Vlad he should sign the right talent

I'm surprised, given your normally very astute observations, that you are so convinced we are capable of signing a suitable and effective replacement quickly.

Not at all

I have no faith in Hearts ability to either scout the right talent, attract the right talent, or convince Vlad he should sign the right talent

I'm surprised, given your normally very astute observations, that you are so convinced we are capable of signing a suitable and effective replacement quickly.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Velicka-needs-strike-partner.3696573.jp

Velicka needs strike partner, insists Frail - Edinburgh Evening News

We are not looking for a replacement we are looking for someone to partner him.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Velicka-needs-strike-partner.3696573.jp

Velicka needs strike partner, insists Frail - Edinburgh Evening News

We are not looking for a replacement we are looking for someone to partner him.

Yes very good

2 summers ago we were looking at a couple of world cup players

We have been looking for a replacement for Skacel since he left.

This article gives me no more comfort other than:

Frail would prefer to play with 2 strikers but accepts we dont have a good enough second striker at present to do so

Good sound footballing judgement IMO

Yes very good

2 summers ago we were looking at a couple of world cup players

We have been looking for a replacement for Skacel since he left.

This article gives me no more comfort other than:

Frail would prefer to play with 2 strikers but accepts we dont have a good enough second striker at present to do so

Good sound footballing judgement IMO

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THIS WAS NEVER SAID FFS!!!

How many effin times!!!!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The point is relevent regardless. We've been repeatedly told "we're gonna do x, y or z", everyone thinks it sounds great, we wait a wee bit, then it doesn't happen.

For example, in May/June, we were gonna get the manager in that we needed. Then once the ST were sold, we didnae bother.

Overly Cynical? Coincedence? Feeding the fans bs?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, so Valdas never said we were looking at 2 world cup players?

Check my English mate - I didnt say "promise"

Vlad did not promise us world cup players

Valdas DID say we were looking at 2 world cup players

Keep up with your short fuse buddy!

well if cousin is somehow worth ?3m, then surely velickas worth ?5m!

I know it is rather cliche (Spelling?) but you're worth how much anyone is willing to pay for you or something along they lines.

Remember Cousin has had experince of playing in better leagues and teams. In my opinion he is a good striker who brings a lot to the team (As does Velicka). But to say Veligol is worth ?2m more is being dillusional.

I know it is rather cliche (Spelling?) but you're worth how much anyone is willing to pay for you or something along they lines.

Remember Cousin has had experince of playing in better leagues and teams. In my opinion he is a good striker who brings a lot to the team (As does Velicka). But to say Veligol is worth ?2m more is being dillusional.

i was meaning that from a joke point of view!! although it will take a decent fee for us to lose velicka and fulham could sign better for ?3m

I can't believe the same BS arguments about Velicka have been dredged up yet again. I cringe every time I read them.

Noel Hunt and Colin Nish, by the way, have both started 20 matches this season. Velicka has started 13. As such, their scoring records are not particularly comparable.

I can't believe the same BS arguments about Velicka have been dredged up yet again. I cringe every time I read them.

Noel Hunt and Colin Nish, by the way, have both started 20 matches this season. Velicka has started 13. As such, their scoring records are not particularly comparable.

Imagine if he'd started 20.

We'd be bottom for sure.

;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I cringe every time I read them.

If it bothers you so much, I reckon not reading them could be the solution to your problem. It works for me with stuff I don't want to read.

It's difficult to choose not to read something after you have read it, unfortunately.

Otherwise, sound advice.

Guest Dipped Flake
The Cusin bid didnt happen mate, it was Rangers who started the rumour themselves because they want rid of him and are trying to generate some interest.

The only reason they signed him in the first place was because they thought they had lost out on Naismith, but he signed with minutes to go in the last transfer deadline and they were then left with one player too many.

The reason they said an offer of 2.5M has been bid is because he has a clause in his contract which releases him if any bid of 3M or over comes in for him.

It's basically a desperate bid on Rangers behalf to try and get an English club to part with 3M for an over rated donkey!

You might want to go back and edit your original post now:)

I didn't actually think anyone would post that.

Really? I'm surprised. I think McFadden is one of the most talented and exciting players I've seen.

However, out of Faddy or Velicka which player do you think would contribute the most to us, particularly mindful of our current position?

Really? I'm surprised. I think McFadden is one of the most talented and exciting players I've seen.

However, out of Faddy or Velicka which player do you think would contribute the most to us, particularly mindful of our current position?

McFadden

Victor Meldrew

Isn't the Velicka price a way of the Club telling people he's not for sale.

I doubt anyone in their right minds would pay ?3.75m for Velicka.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's great, as he's a striker that scores a decent number of goals- something we've lacked for years.

However, I doubt anyone ould pay that sort of cash for him. He's Lithuanian (that will sadly affect his value as they aren't a top footballing nation - until recently Scottish players suffered from that) and he's only proven in the SPL. The English Prem teams would, I reckon, believe they're taking a bit of a risk at just under ?4m.

Of course, with ?15m in their pocket after the sale of Anelka, Bolton might make us (or Kaunas) a decent offer.

In that case, ?3.75m would be great, although I'd be sad to see him go.

I think that along with Ruben Palazuelos, Velicka has really stepped up to the plate during our crisis period. We are all aware of his assets (his finishing) and his limitations (just about everything else) but I doubt we could do any better than him just now. We've splashed the cash on the likes of Nade, Makela and Pospisil and I don't think any of them are a patch on Velicka. If we are looking for a partner for him, I think we should forget about the transfer market and look to promote from our youth side. As things stand, however, I think Velicka is thriving on playing the lone striker role, it seems to suit him.

Having said all that, valuations of ?2 million plus are nonsense for a player who has so many limitations to his game.

Archived