Velicka now priced at 3.75M........

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not?

Not saying he is worth it, but when an English club think they can turn up in Scotland with a bid of 10 fags and a hairnet, why not stick a rediculous price tag on his head.

These teams down there have got some serious money to burn. Slamming price tags like this on players heads lets them know they cannie come up here and expect to take our players for sh*tpence...

BTW, Rangers yesterday turned down ?2.5 million for Cousan......wh would you rather have?

Suddenly our valuation doesn't seem so daft to me......

BTW, Rangers yesterday turned down ?2.5 million for Cousan......wh would you rather have?

How often have you seen Cousin ( correct spelling BTW )??

I hope Velicka doesn't go.

?3.75million to FBK Kaunas is no good to us.

Good point well made, forgot about that.

Debt ?91 million.

Not as often as I have seen Velicka.

I take it you would prefer Cousan (my spelling BTW)?

chester copperpot
I hope Velicka doesn't go.

?3.75million to FBK Kaunas is no good to us.

Hehe, I think some people think we might see the money.

This would be Romanov's dream if he was to sell one of the Kaunas exports for that sort of money, and would worry me about more and more being shipped through the club.

Hope Vel stays though.

Spitonastranger

enough to know he is gash and velicka is double the player he is:)

A problem could be that if we let Velicka go - who scores goals - No goals = relegation, what is the cost of relegation, a lot more than ?3.75m. Right now, to us, he's at least a ?10M player.

enough to know he is gash and velicka is double the player he is:)

You have been listening to Ewan Cameron too much!!

Velicka or Boyd?

Drylaw Hearts
Hehe, I think some people think we might see the money.

This would be Romanov's dream if he was to sell one of the Kaunas exports for that sort of money, and would worry me about more and more being shipped through the club.

Hope Vel stays though.

We haven't even reinvested the money we have got for selling our own bloody players.

What chance do have of spending Kaunas's money !!

We haven't even reinvested the money we have got for selling our own bloody players.

What chance do have of spending Kaunas's money !!

Very true DH:527:

The Old Tolbooth

The Cusin bid didnt happen mate, it was Rangers who started the rumour themselves because they want rid of him and are trying to generate some interest.

The only reason they signed him in the first place was because they thought they had lost out on Naismith, but he signed with minutes to go in the last transfer deadline and they were then left with one player too many.

The reason they said an offer of 2.5M has been bid is because he has a clause in his contract which releases him if any bid of 3M or over comes in for him.

It's basically a desperate bid on Rangers behalf to try and get an English club to part with 3M for an over rated donkey!

Why not?

Not saying he is worth it, but when an English club think they can turn up in Scotland with a bid of 10 fags and a hairnet, why not stick a rediculous price tag on his head.

These teams down there have got some serious money to burn. Slamming price tags like this on players heads lets them know they cannie come up here and expect to take our players for sh*tpence...

Exactly - whatever Romanov's other ****ups as club owner, he's 100% right about pricing players. If Velicka played for one of the OF they'd expect to get that sort of money for their top scorer, so why shouldn't we?

If we Value Velicka at ?3.75 million, how much do you think Mad Vlad will value Bednar at, who has been scoring for fun for West Brom. :P

Drylaw Hearts
If we Value Velicka at ?3.75 million, how much do you think Mad Vlad will value Bednar at, who has been scoring for fun for West Brom. :P

?500,000.

Guest JamboRobbo

700k.

Vlad should take the ?3.75m and give them back a fiver luck penny.

Would be the best bit of transfer business in football history.

It really doesn't matter what any of us think here, the club can and will value him at whatever they wish.

I personally think that ?3.75M would be a steal, and at that price, I will be truly surprised if someone does not buy him in January.

Given his goals to start ratio, and his ability to score in the bigger games, I genuinely thnk we could ask ?5M and still attract interest.

The Cusin bid didnt happen mate, it was Rangers who started the rumour themselves because they want rid of him and are trying to generate some interest.

The only reason they signed him in the first place was because they thought they had lost out on Naismith, but he signed with minutes to go in the last transfer deadline and they were then left with one player too many.

The reason they said an offer of 2.5M has been bid is because he has a clause in his contract which releases him if any bid of 3M or over comes in for him.

It's basically a desperate bid on Rangers behalf to try and get an English club to part with 3M for an over rated donkey!

No reasonn not to believe you John, but surely Fulham would have something to say if Rangers were making up "bids" on their behalf?

Drylaw Hearts
It really doesn't matter what any of us think here, the club can and will value him at whatever they wish.

I personally think that ?3.75M would be a steal, and at that price, I will be truly surprised if someone does not buy him in January.

Given his goals to start ratio, and his ability to score in the bigger games, I genuinely thnk we could ask ?5M and still attract interest.

Behave yourself.

Guest JamboRobbo

I personally think that ?3.75M would be a steal,

John, I have a really good piece of computer equipment up for sale if you like. It's called a Playstation one. Only 7000 pounds to you. PM me if you are interested. It's a bargain, honest. ;)

Drylaw Hearts
John, I have a really good piece of computer equipment up for sale if you like. It's called a Playstation one. Only 7000 pounds to you. PM me if you are interested ;)

Thats a steal.

I would have thought you could have ?10,000 for that.

chester copperpot
John, I have a really good piece of computer equipment up for sale if you like. It's called a Playstation one. Only 7000 pounds to you. PM me if you are interested. It's a bargain, honest. ;)

Sold.

It doesn't really matter what we think his true value is. The market will decide on Velicka. If Kaunas get ?3.75 million then so be it.

Thats a steal.

I would have thought you could have ?10,000 for that.

Wow, I thought JR was being a tube for expecting ?7k for a PS1, yet you'd expect ?10k?

You cannie be very bright Drylaw.....:P

Drylaw Hearts
Wow, I thought JR was being a tube for expecting ?7k for a PS1, yet you'd expect ?10k?

You cannie be very bright Drylaw.....:P

:)

Behave yourself.

. ...personally I'd prefer to keep Velicka who looks fit now as well as able to score goals both in and outside the box.....teams are crying out for strikers like him and I reckon in a decent team, not feeding of scraps (like at Hearts), he'd be up at 20 goals + by now. So 5mill. in my opinion ain't out of order given the market at the moment (e.g Scotty Broon's worth 4 mill and no goal scorer who often disappears in games). :)

The Old Tolbooth
No reasonn not to believe you John, but surely Fulham would have something to say if Rangers were making up "bids" on their behalf?

Thats what I was wondering too, I could understand if they claimed it had been Wigan :wacko:

Drylaw Hearts
. ...personally I'd prefer to keep Velicka who looks fit now as well as able to score goals both in and outside the box.....teams are crying out for strikers like him and I reckon in a decent team, not feeding of scraps (like at Hearts), he'd be up at 20 goals + by now. So 5mill. in my opinion ain't out of order given the market at the moment (e.g Scotty Broon's worth 4 mill and no goal scorer who often disappears in games). :)

:eek:

I like Velicka but he's only scored 2 more SPL goals than Colin Nish and 1 less than Noel Hunt.

A reality check would not do you any harm.

Gimme an H...
I'd stick another 1 mill on top of that, minimum.

Agree completely with this, it would cost at least that to replace his goals, and even then the replacement might not work out. Where would we be this season without Velicka's goals? :confused:

Larry, Ruben, Eggert, Berra, Jose and Driver are our most valuable players. If we didnt reach at the very least ?10million after selling that lot I'd be extremely surprised and dissapointed.

If we are serious about improving our league position this season and challenging next season then we absolutely SHOULD be trying to keep our best players and trying to scare off clubs trying to buy them.

Gimme an H...
:eek:

I like Velicka but he's only scored 2 more SPL goals than Colin Nish and 1 less than Noel Hunt.

A reality check would not do you any harm.

No disrespect but, as you've laready said, Behave Yourself!

Ask yourself this, Where would we be right now in the League if we didnt have Velicka? Thanks to his goals we still have a chance of success this season in the Cups.

Velicka is so under-rated on this board its unbelievable.

its not just the number of goals, its in the context of the matches that makes him so valuable.

a winner against the hobos, draw against killie.

in REALITY who else is likekly to score golas for us @ the moment? :P

Drylaw Hearts
No disrespect but, as you've laready said, Behave Yourself!

Ask yourself this, Where would we be right now in the League if we didnt have Velicka? Thanks to his goals we still have a chance of success this season in the Cups.

Velicka is so under-rated on this board its unbelievable.

Velicka is not-under-rated by me.

As I've said already we'd struggle without him and I'd hate to think where we would be without his goals this Season.

But there is no way in the World he's anywhere near a ?5million player.

And I used the goal tally of 2 absolute numpties to put it into perspective.

How much would you want to pay for Noel Hunt ?

[Drylaw Hearts/JamboRobbo

?5m ?

Well maybe, (just maybe) that's a bit adventurous, but it's all down to opinions, isn't it?

Would you honestly have thought that anyone would have offered circa ?8M for Hutton? (although I do think he is a good player).

Andrius Velička has a very impressive goal scoring record in Scotland, that's the bottom line.

Clubs thinking of buying him will ask 2 questions. Firstly what are the chances of him continuing to score as regularly in a better more competitive league (with better players around him) and secondly how much are we prepared to spend to get him.

?3.75 M ? ?5M ? No interest ? We'll find out soon enough.

Just for clarity I wouldn't spend ?5M of Hearts money on him (or ?3.75 for that matter), but as a selling club, I'd expect Romanov to generate top dollar.

As I say it's all about opinions.

tell me more about this 'Playstation one' thing - I may be interested...

Gimme an H...
Velicka is not-under-rated by me.

As I've said already we'd struggle without him and I'd hate to think where we would be without his goals this Season.

But there is no way in the World he's anywhere near a ?5million player.

And I used the goal tally of 2 absolute numpties to put it into perspective.

How much would you want to pay for Noel Hunt ?

John S puts it across better than I maybe did. Thing is though, Velicka has the nack of scoring goals out of nothing aswell, so even when we were playing really REALLY **** or not creating chances, he's saved us. You cant put a ?3.75mill price tag on that, that is priceless IMO.

Drylaw Hearts
[Drylaw Hearts/JamboRobbo

?5m ?

Well maybe, (just maybe) that's a bit adventurous, but it's all down to opinions, isn't it?

Would you honestly have thought that anyone would have offered circa ?8M for Hutton? (although I do think he is a good player).

Andrius Velička has a very impressive goal scoring record in Scotland, that's the bottom line.

Clubs thinking of buying him will ask 2 questions. Firstly what are the chances of him continuing to score as regularly in a better more competitive league (with better players around him) and secondly how much are we prepared to spend to get him.

?3.75 M ? ?5M ? No interest ? We'll find out soon enough.

Just for clarity I wouldn't spend ?5M of Hearts money on him (or ?3.75 for that matter), but as a selling club, I'd expect Romanov to generate top dollar.

As I say it's all about opinions.

tell me more about this 'Playstation one' thing - I may be interested...

No maybe's about it.

I take on board your point on Hutton but his over-inflated value has come from 2 things -

1) His performence for Scotland.

2) His current Club is one of the OF.

Velicka has scored a goal, on average, every other game for Hearts.

A decent record imo.

But he's no ?5million man.

Drylaw Hearts
John S puts it across better than I maybe did. Thing is though, Velicka has the nack of scoring goals out of nothing aswell, so even when we were playing really REALLY **** or not creating chances, he's saved us. You cant put a ?3.75mill price tag on that, that is priceless IMO.

He's priceless to us at the moment but he's not literally priceless.

Behave yourself.

Well you could also compare his record to an English Championship striker, Fulham have just bid ?5m+Collins John for Marlon King who has a similar no of goals in a similar league, is around the same age and has similar international experience !

Drylaw Hearts

James McFadden is a ?5million player.

Does anyone really think Velicka is worth the same amount of money as him ?

Archived