Walter Bishop

Recommend a tv seriesp

Cade

What We Do In The Shadows.

Four vampires (and their familiar servants) living in a house in Staten Island.

Classic house-share sitcom.

Shot mockumentary style with lots of looks to camera and 4th wall breaks.

Stars Kayvan Novak (fonejacker), Matt Berry (IT crowd, Toast of London) and Natasia Demetriou (stath lets flats)

Lots of celebrity cameos to boot.

scott herbertson

Binge watched the third series of The Sinner over last two days - wish I hadn't.

I'd give the first series 9/10, the second 7 or 8, and this about 2 (for the first three episodes, which were decent).

Its a mystery without any mystery with no plot tension other than what stupid decision the detective will make next to not put the obvious psycho in prison or an institution for treatment. Based very strongly on the Leopold and Loeb case but with a laughably poor plot and the lead character making ridiculous and in fact criminally bad decisions, not to mention cringeworthy dialogue and some really hammy acting. Plus some undergraduate psychology  theorising thrown in. Amazingly it has good reviews in america/ rotten tomatoes. 

JamesM48
Posted (edited)
On 23/06/2020 at 08:38, scott herbertson said:

Binge watched the third series of The Sinner over last two days - wish I hadn't.

I'd give the first series 9/10, the second 7 or 8, and this about 2 (for the first three episodes, which were decent).

Its a mystery without any mystery with no plot tension other than what stupid decision the detective will make next to not put the obvious psycho in prison or an institution for treatment. Based very strongly on the Leopold and Loeb case but with a laughably poor plot and the lead character making ridiculous and in fact criminally bad decisions, not to mention cringeworthy dialogue and some really hammy acting. Plus some undergraduate psychology  theorising thrown in. Amazingly it has good reviews in america/ rotten tomatoes. 

I watched the first season and it had an ridiculous  ending which spoiled it for me. Decided not to watch the second season. Was gonna watch season 3 but ill pass on it after reading your review. Thanks 

Edited by JamesM48

JamesM48
On 18/06/2020 at 12:06, Ron Burgundy said:

Started The Sopranos last night, so far pretty good.

I feel like I am obliged to watch it as everyone who has seen it says its great.

Its the greatest tv show in my humble opinion. 

Ray Gin
On 17/06/2020 at 23:09, Tommy Brown said:

The Salisbury Poisonings

BBC iPlayer.

Fantastic true story drama.

Really well put together.

Must watch.

Just watched this and I agree. 

tokyowalnut
On 23/06/2020 at 08:38, scott herbertson said:

Series 3 was awful. It was done and dusted by the end of the first episode!! Not sure we will see another series. 

chester copperpot

Evil Genius

4 part Netflix series. Bizarre ****ed up case but pretty good.

Ron Burgundy
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Its the greatest tv show in my humble opinion. 

It's very good. I am onto season 3 already.

JamesM48
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yes you must be at the part when it’s the critical stage with the relationship with his mother Livia ? She was one nasty character and their relationship is the main reason why Tony is so fecked up 

Ron Burgundy
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes you must be at the part when it’s the critical stage with the relationship with his mother Livia ? She was one nasty character and their relationship is the main reason why Tony is so fecked up 

At least I now know your avatar isn't your granny.

Big Pussy just got whacked on the boat in the last episode I watched.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

JamesM48
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Ray Gin
57 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

* MASSIVE SPOILER *

Glad I've already seen it. Hefty spoiler there.

Ron Burgundy
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Glad I've already seen it. Hefty spoiler there.

I'm hopeless, I didn't even think of that.

Luckily he lives :oopsoops:

JamesM48
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Big Pussy just got whacked on the boat in the last episode I watched.

Lol no that’s Livia ! The scenes between her and Tony were the highlight for me plus the therapy scenes with Dr Melfi . So many other highlights too . It’s just gets better and better . Unfortunately Nancy Marchand who played Livia died and a future story line where she was going to testify against Tony in court had to be scraped . Yes the scene regarding Big Pussy was terrific and sad . That’s what is so good about the show as the viewer empathises with the characters who are mainly scum bags

Edited by JamesM48
Error

Ron Burgundy
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol no that’s Livia ! The scenes between her and Tony were the highlight for me plus the therapy scenes with Dr Melfi . So many other highlights too . It’s just gets better and better . Unfortunately Nancy Marchand who played Livia died and a future story line where she was going to testify against Tony in court had to be scraped . Yes the scene regarding Big Pussy was terrific and sad . That’s what is so good about the show as the viewer empathises with the characters who are mainly scum bags

I must admit I do like it.

Have you watched Gomorrah? I thought that was amazing.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It is amazing how psychopaths and sociopaths can become so likeable. 🤔

Samuel Camazzola
20 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Evil Genius

Agreed. I was pretty surprised the snippet offootage near the beginning of the first episode was included. 

Dawnrazor
21 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Evil Genius

That was interesting, ****ed up but interesting. 

JamesM48
10 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I must admit I do like it.

Have you watched Gomorrah? I thought that was amazing.

Yes it’s brilliant too . But can’t watch season 3 or 4 as there are no subtitles fir it on my free VPN might have to just pay for it ! 

JamesM48
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It is amazing how psychopaths and sociopaths can become so likeable. 🤔

Yes I know because it’s so well written and we can see how Tony became the sociopath path he is , particularly through the therapy scenes with Dr Melfi . I won’t spoil it but their last scenes in the penultimate episode are very enlightening . 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I know because it’s so well written and we can see how Tony became the sociopath path he is , particularly through the therapy scenes with Dr Melfi . I won’t spoil it but their last scenes in the penultimate episode are very enlightening . 

I’ve seen them all so no spoiler worries. 

JamesM48
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How do you put spoiler alert on a post ? 

milky_26

milky_26

put

[ spoiler ] text here [ /spoiler ]

around your text and take out the spaces next to [ and ]

JamesM48

Ok I’ll try a trial run { bla bla bla } {spoiler} 

Tazio
32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ok I’ll try a trial run { bla bla bla } {spoiler} 

Spoiler

Just click on the eye icon above the reply box and it will automatically hide it as a spoiler. 

Tommy Brown
Posted (edited)

Screenshot_2020-06-26-18-12-37-356_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.a6c03e7a2ceaf1d61456798d0bafd0b4.png

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-06-26-18-12-37-356_com.android.chrome.png

Edited by Tommy Brown

Tommy Brown
Posted (edited)

Sorry, last post is a clusterfcuk.

Hit the eye button and type what will be in the spoiler.

Or

You can select text already entered then hit the eye button.

@JamesM48

Edited by Tommy Brown

JamesM48
4 hours ago, Tazio said:
  Hide contents

Just click on the eye icon above the reply box and it will automatically hide it as a spoiler. 

Thanks 

JamesM48
Spoiler

Ok I’ll try this 

JamesM48
On 18/06/2020 at 12:06, Ron Burgundy said:

Started The Sopranos last night, so far pretty good.

I feel like I am obliged to watch it as everyone who has seen it says its great.

22 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Spoiler

Yes the final meeting between Dr Melfi and Tony was i think the best scene in the whole series. She realised that the  talking therapy she was provided to Tony was basically letting him off the hook by giving him excuses ( his mother etc) for his sociopathic behaviours. She felt she had been taken for a ride.   I liked when she literally showed him the door. His expression and childish tantrum in this scene was brilliant. 

Lemongrab

Into the second series of Das Boot and really enjoying it. The lack of episodes is a bummer though, maybe more noticeable after having binge watched Breaking Bad before it.

Having enjoyed Gommorah, I tried watching Subura: Blood on Rome, but the crap dubbing annoyed me and made it unwatchable. I'd much rather of had it in Italian, with subtitles. (not something I thought I'd see myself writing.)

Next up was going to be Better Call Saul, but I might try Ozark, as from what I've read here it sounds good.

Ray Gin

On episode 3 of Pistorius on Amazon Prime. Compelling viewing. 

(documentary series) 

Ray Gin
1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Next up was going to be Better Call Saul, but I might try Ozark, as from what I've read here it sounds good.

Both are great! 

chester copperpot
On 25/06/2020 at 21:09, Samuel Camazzola said:

Agreed. I was pretty surprised the snippet offootage near the beginning of the first episode was included. 

Yeah I couldn't believe they showed that either. 

ri Alban

Lance Armstrong 30 for 30. The man is a psychopath. Imo. 

Dawnrazor

Das Boat 2 .

Anyone watched it? I thought the first series was good.

1971fozzy
Posted (edited)

Watched  ‘Athlete A’  which was on Netflix.  
Not a series but documentary-film about that scumbag Dr Larry Nassar who worked for the US Gymnastics and his abuse of over 100 young girls who were athletes in USA (Olympic team some of them). It shows the CEO and top coaches covering it up USA Gymnastics Organisation .

Shocking how someone in that position (physio) carried this out and was allowed to.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

JamesM48

Watching " Dark" on Netflix.  Its a german Sci fi series about the apocalypse and time travellers. It has an incredibly complicated plot but its a brilliant show. Highly recommended. 

jamb0_1874

Started watching Queen of the South on Netflix at the weekend, which has been really good. Helped by Alice Braga being the main character.... 😍 

JamesM48
3 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Started watching Queen of the South on Netflix at the weekend, which has been really good. Helped by Alice Braga being the main character.... 😍 

Ive heard this is meant to be good. May give it a go. 

Tommy Brown

I tried QotS a few weeks back and decided not for me after 20 minutes.

Just me.

Thought it looked to unbelievable.

As I say, don't be put off with my remarks, could be my loss.

Blootering through Breaking Bad just now. Have way through s3.

davemclaren
On 29/06/2020 at 15:09, JamesM48 said:

Watching " Dark" on Netflix.  Its a german Sci fi series about the apocalypse and time travellers. It has an incredibly complicated plot but its a brilliant show. Highly recommended. 

I enjoyed it but it’s easy to lose track. 

JamesM48
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah tell me about it.  Couldn't understand some of it. But it seems to have came to a natural end with the 3rd season. 

davemclaren
On 29/06/2020 at 15:09, JamesM48 said:

Jamhammer

Years behind the curve but have started bingeing Downton Abbey. **** me it’s like watching SOA again. Cliffhangers all over the shop and worth watching just for Dame Maggie Smith 

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Years behind the curve but have started bingeing Downton Abbey. **** me it’s like watching SOA again. Cliffhangers all over the shop and worth watching just for Dame Maggie Smith 

Agree with this

1971fozzy
On 27/06/2020 at 15:28, Ray Gin said:

On episode 3 of Pistorius on Amazon Prime. Compelling viewing. 

(documentary series) 

watched this today. Very good series 

milky_26

in the middle of the first series of condor. really enjoying it. second series starts on wed