Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh

Slightly off topic bu I had to but a new TV the other night as the old one gave up the ghost. It's advertising spiel said it has Freeview built in but I cannot work out how to activate it. Any ideas? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Slightly off topic bu I had to but a new TV the other night as the old one gave up the ghost. It's advertising spiel said it has Freeview built in but I cannot work out how to activate it. Any ideas? 

All the smart TVs I have had - the remote has a button with SMART on it. Can you check your remote for that or something similar? 

Otherwise, Google the make and model as there will be advice online.

The Internet

Better call Saul has been ****ing amazing as usual. Gutted I've caught up now and need to wait for the next one :lol:

Going to get started on ozark next. 

William H. Bonney
46 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Better call Saul has been ****ing amazing as usual. Gutted I've caught up now and need to wait for the next one :lol:

Going to get started on ozark next. 

season 3 of ozark is the best one yet. Pure fantasy but really entertaining. 
The latest episode of better call Saul was the best one yet. 

Carl Fredrickson

I loved the most recent Better Call Saul. The slow pace suits me and the filtering in of characters from Breaking Bad suggests that there will not be many more to go. 

On 11/04/2020 at 11:35, Seymour M Hersh said:

what’s your make and model number ?

scott herbertson
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Panasonic 32G302B

On your remote control do you have a button that says APPS rather than SMART? - if so there should be a freeview option pop up when you press it?

Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

On your remote control do you have a button that says APPS rather than SMART? - if so there should be a freeview option pop up when you press it?

Eek! I don't appear to have either on the remote.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

In those circumstances you have two options

1.(Not recommended if you are self-isolating). Bribe a teenager to sort it out for you

2.The tried and tested method*

* The tried and tested method involves pressing each of the buttons on the remote control in turn and observing the outcome on your television screen (note the TV must be switched on for this to be useful). If you cannot return tot he main screen after any button, switch TV off and then on again. 

Note after failure of the 'Tried and Tested' method it is traditional to aim and throw the remote control at an unloved object, person or pet combined with a range of expletives. This is called 'activating the release mechanism'

After trying these options maybe post a picture of your remote control on here for the collective brains of kickback to ponder over....

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

can you post a picture of your remote?

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

In those circumstances you have two options

1.(Not recommended if you are self-isolating). Bribe a teenager to sort it out for you

2.The tried and tested method*

* The tried and tested method involves pressing each of the buttons on the remote control in turn and observing the outcome on your television screen (note the TV must be switched on for this to be useful). If you cannot return tot he main screen after any button, switch TV off and then on again. 

Note after failure of the 'Tried and Tested' method it is traditional to aim and throw the remote control at an unloved object, person or pet combined with a range of expletives. This is called 'activating the release mechanism'

After trying these options maybe post a picture of your remote control on here for the collective brains of kickback to ponder over....

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:rofl:

try pressing the button top right that looks like

Remote-Source-300x148.jpg

you should be able to scroll through and find the freeview option

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Panasonic 32G302B

just looked at your manual online. Do you have an Ariel connected to the set ?

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

just looked at your manual online. Do you have an Ariel connected to the set ?

Cable.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

try pressing the button top right that looks like

Remote-Source-300x148.jpg

you should be able to scroll through and find the freeview option

I have that button! 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I have that button! 

that is the button that will scroll through all your inputs, hdmi, aerial etc. note for freeview you need an aerial to receive it i think

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, milky_26 said:

that is the button that will scroll through all your inputs, hdmi, aerial etc. note for freeview you need an aerial to receive it i think

When Fozzy asked that I had a suspicion that having Virgin media and using the HDMI socket might mean it won't be available. In the bedroom so there is no arial to attach even if I wanted to. Oh well. Have looked through the Freeview options I don't think we are missing out on many if any channels tbh. 

Thanks for all your assistance. 

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Cable.

sorry I’m not understanding, do you mean you have an aerial cable to your tv ? Or a cable box ?

edit. I see from  above your scenario.

this is from the free view web page....(their bold text not mine) think this is the problem...........

Yes. You need an aerial to receive Freeview. If your TV has been made after 2010, then there's a good chance your TV already has Freeview built-in. ... If your TV has Freeview built-in, you need an aerial in good condition to pick up the Freeview signal.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

sorry I’m not understanding, do you mean you have an aerial cable to your tv ? Or a cable box ?

Virgin Media cable Fozzy which appears to mean it may not be available. As it's in the bedroom there is not an outside TV arial to plug in. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Virgin Media cable Fozzy which appears to mean it may not be available. As it's in the bedroom there is not an outside TV arial to plug in. 

ahhh. Yeah that’s the problem. My daughter has same problem. Your not missing anything really as you have virgin media. 👍

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

ahhh. Yeah that’s the problem. My daughter has same problem. Your not missing anything really as you have virgin media. 👍

Thanks for your help anyway Fozzy. 👍

How good is this season of homeland btw? Trying to fit in the remaining plot seems a tough ask in 2 episodes though. Hope it doesn’t let down an awesome final season

On 12/04/2020 at 13:22, Carl Fredrickson said:

I loved the most recent Better Call Saul. The slow pace suits me and the filtering in of characters from Breaking Bad suggests that there will not be many more to go. 

Next years season is the last. Its been really good and definitely keeps you guessing about what happens with Kim in particular.

On 08/04/2020 at 21:52, Carl Fredrickson said:

Just started watching this tonight and agree. 

I didnt think the last two episodes disappointed either. It was a really good wee series. The BBC definitely makes some excellent dramas.

Carl Fredrickson
5 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

I didnt think the last two episodes disappointed either. It was a really good wee series. The BBC definitely makes some excellent dramas.

Iplayer has loads of great stuff on it. If i cant find anything I fancy on Netflix/Prime/Now TV, I will always find something on Iplayer

On 07/04/2020 at 14:22, Tazio said:

I started Justified on Amazon last night even though it’s been out for a long time. Enjoying the first few episodes so far. 

Still enjoying this, and due to lockdown I’m just starting season 4!!

Just got through Narcos Mexico & Narcos on Netflix. Quality viewing. 
Did Queen of the South a couple of weeks ago as well. Not bad but not on the same level as the Narcos shows. 

Carl Fredrickson

On S1 one of Westworld and really enjoying it. I mind the original was on when I was wee (think it was a film?) and I loved the idea of it and wanted to go. 

13 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

On S1 one of Westworld and really enjoying it. I mind the original was on when I was wee (think it was a film?) and I loved the idea of it and wanted to go. 

yes film with yul brenner

JudyJudyJudy

"Quiz " on the other night on ITV was brilliant.  Really enjoyable romp almost about the couple who allegedly cheated on " who wants to be a millionaire"?  Its very funny and full of great performances from the leads.  Highly recommended. 

Well lockdown is proving productive. Just started on the last season of Justified in not much over a week. And I have to say that out of the whole thing one of the best characters in it is Wynn Duffy, perfect casting and a great performance. 

Carl Fredrickson

The Last Dance. Started watching this on Netflix. First couple of episodes were interesting (not a basketball fan) but the third episode wouldnt play. Rebooted my firebox and the show has disappeared. Checked via internet and it isnt showing on my account their either. VERY strange. 

Tommy Brown
On 10/04/2020 at 15:04, ...a bit disco said:

Thank ****.

Thought I was going batchy!

Liar

Just said on STV.

Both series being streamed now on STV Player.

19 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Last Dance. Started watching this on Netflix. First couple of episodes were interesting (not a basketball fan) but the third episode wouldnt play. Rebooted my firebox and the show has disappeared. Checked via internet and it isnt showing on my account their either. VERY strange. 

I'm the same not a basketball fan but of course I know Jordan , Rodman and Pippen.Watched first two and I think it's great a real sports story.

Carl Fredrickson
29 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm the same not a basketball fan but of course I know Jordan , Rodman and Pippen.Watched first two and I think it's great a real sports story.

I was surprised to see so many folk I regonsied. Bird from the Boston Celtics I remember from when BBC showed basketball for a season in the mid 80s as they didnt have a contract for the football. 

2 episodes are dropped each Monday but that doesnt explain why I cant view the show. I have searched for it and it isnt showing on Recently Added or Watch Again either. 

Hopefully will be their next week. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I was surprised to see so many folk I regonsied. Bird from the Boston Celtics I remember from when BBC showed basketball for a season in the mid 80s as they didnt have a contract for the football. 

2 episodes are dropped each Monday but that doesnt explain why I cant view the show. I have searched for it and it isnt showing on Recently Added or Watch Again either. 

Hopefully will be their next week. 

I know a lot of the players like Patrick Ewing I think I knew them more for the sports deals they had though.Bird I knew from NBA games on the Megadrive.

North Berwick Jambo
On 26/03/2020 at 00:02, Ray Gin said:

Tiger King. 

Netflix documentary series. Crazy story about a flamboyant, redneck, gun toting madman, who runs his own mini zoo of wild animals, and his spiralling personal war with an animal rights campaigner. 

Just finished this, unbelievable.& well worth a watch.  Carol is worse than all of them put together 😉

I watched the English game on netflix. I don't believe ive ever watched a period drama in my life before but I thought it was watchable and interesting. 6.75/10

It is called the English Game because it is about the Football Association in England but 2 of the main Characters are Scottish and it sort of tells the story about the FA cup before football became professional. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Just finished this, unbelievable.& well worth a watch.  Carol is worse than all of them put together 😉

Disagree . He was / is absolutely a dangerous scum bag  

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Disagree . He was / is absolutely a dangerous scum bag  

She murdered her husband so let's call it a draw.

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
48 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hide contents

She murdered her husband so let's call it a draw.

Not been proven at all . His deeds have been 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series