Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

On 08/12/2019 at 19:14, 1971fozzy said:

The confession killer - limited series on Netflix.

after a slow 1st episode this is just WOW.  It’s a 5 parter on Henry Lee Lucas  known as America's most prolific serial killer, admitting to hundreds of murders, but, as DNA results contradict his confessions. Shows all sorts going on with law enforcement etc. 
fascinating stuff

Watched that, it was excellent and absolutely shocking. 

Then I watched the Staircase, Making a murder 2 and Dream/Killer. All excellent crime shows which underline how utterly corrupt the American Police and Justice system is, it is absolutely horrendous. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...a bit disco

Responsible Child on BBC2 last night.

What a hard watch!

Edited by ...a bit disco

Darth Sidious

Just finished Watchmen...a lot better than I was expecting.

Will be binging The Witcher this weekend.

Have been currently watching Halt and Catching Fire on Amazon Prime.  80s 'Mad Men' sort of drama set at the advent of the computer industry, always fancied it and have had to wait until an opportune time.  Mackenzie Davis and Kerry Bishe though...well worth the watch.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Just finished Watchmen...a lot better than I was expecting.

Will be binging The Witcher this weekend.

Have been currently watching Halt and Catching Fire on Amazon Prime.  80s 'Mad Men' sort of drama set at the advent of the computer industry, always fancied it and have had to wait until an opportune time.  Mackenzie Davis and Kerry Bishe though...well worth the watch.

I think I put Halt and Catch Fire on here too at dome point, brilliant tv show👌

luckyBatistuta
On 06/12/2019 at 11:12, Bleedsmaroon said:

I gave up on the last series, poor after Ragnor died. 

‘I still love the show, but wtf is the point of the Floki storyline, it adds nothing to the show imo

On 04/12/2019 at 14:51, Ray Gin said:

Started watching 'Safe' on Netflix with Michael C Hall. Binned after two episodes. The acting and dialogue is ****ing atrocious. 

Yeah it was on ITV and it was dire 

On 08/12/2019 at 19:14, 1971fozzy said:

The confession killer - limited series on Netflix.

after a slow 1st episode this is just WOW.  It’s a 5 parter on Henry Lee Lucas  known as America's most prolific serial killer, admitting to hundreds of murders, but, as DNA results contradict his confessions. Shows all sorts going on with law enforcement etc. 
fascinating stuff

Yeah i finished it last night. Excellent ,

23 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

‘I still love the show, but wtf is the point of the Floki storyline, it adds nothing to the show imo

I dunno but I read up on these characters and all these things apparently happened and the characters were real.

Obviously it’s been completely dramatised and the stories are all fiction but it struck me as the writers were trying to stick (loosely) to the history of the Vikings of that period rather than just focus on the story of Ranger, then Bjorn. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I also thought they should have just ended it when Ragner died but like every other show, bar a few exceptions, they are milking it for what it is worth. 

Just started “dont **** with cats” - first episode completed and it’s your typical docu drama about some we arsehole torturing cats and these folk trying to hunt the sicko down. Decent thus far. 

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Just started “dont **** with cats” - first episode completed and it’s your typical docu drama about some we arsehole torturing cats and these folk trying to hunt the sicko down. Decent thus far. 

Just finished it. One seriously fecked up guy

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Just finished it. One seriously fecked up guy

Same, literally just finished the last episode and had never heard of the guy, the story or what it developed into. That’s one ****ed up guy. Clearly deep rooted issues.

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Same, literally just finished the last episode and had never heard of the guy, the story or what it developed into. That’s one ****ed up guy. Clearly deep rooted issues.

I should Google it as it felt a bit unreal watching it. I remember when The Office first hit out screens, at a time when "reality TV" was making its way onto TV. First episode most folk werent sure if it was a documentary or not. DFWC felt a bit like that.

7 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I should Google it as it felt a bit unreal watching it. I remember when The Office first hit out screens, at a time when "reality TV" was making its way onto TV. First episode most folk werent sure if it was a documentary or not. DFWC felt a bit like that.

It did. Especially the start, it felt like a spoof documentary. I googled the boy, totally happened and apparently he went out with a female serial killer and was investigated while in prison in connection to other murders. Wee weirdo. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s very odd. The whole tone of it changes after the first episode. 

I didn’t like the 2nd episode, it was like something out of power rangers.

I’ll stick with it though to see if it improves. 1st episode was decent as well. 

Samuel Camazzola

Traces on the Alibi channel. 

Based in Dundee and features a solid cast including Martin Compston, Neve Macintosh and Molly Windsor. 

Brief plot is a girl (Windsor) returns to Dundee to take up a post in a forensics lab and identifies that an induction video/case study has similarities to her mother's murder. 

Easy to watch and quite engaging. 

7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Traces on the Alibi channel. 

Based in Dundee and features a solid cast including Martin Compston, Neve Macintosh and Molly Windsor. 

Brief plot is a girl (Windsor) returns to Dundee to take up a post in a forensics lab and identifies that an induction video/case study has similarities to her mother's murder. 

Easy to watch and quite engaging. 

just got one episode to go. have enjoyed it so far

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Enjoyed the latest incarnation of Lost in Space recently. If you liked Battlestar Galactica you will like this.

Season 2 out shortly, or were you talking about season 2?

Recently started watching The Boys and as others have said it's really dark and humourous take on Superheros and the corporate world. Karl Urbans Cockney come Kiwi accent is a peach. Season 2 trailer has dropped recently and I've seen some Teaser trailers for Westworld season 3 which I'm looking forward too. I gave up with TWD, truly chronic but might try and watch the newest spin off, though suspect it will also be utter pants.

Edited by Fraggle

Don't **** with cats on Netflix.

Very good indeed. Not about abusing cats, more about catching a potential serial killer. It's amazing what some internet geeks can figure out before the police even started to look.

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Episode 1 of season 2 was pretty decent.

Just watched it. It's an inventive well written and produced show. Always has me keen to see what happens next. So now i'm going to watch the next episode.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Just finished the BBC latest version of A Christmas Carol. Very dark and well produced. Not for the wee ones. 

Got it recorded. It looked decent.

...a bit disco

Don't **** With Cats on Netflix.

I dare you not to HAVE to watch it all in one go.

Edited by ...a bit disco

36 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

the word Cats put me right off

William H. Bonney
39 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I thought it was pretty shit. 

...a bit disco
42 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I thought it was pretty shit. 

Different strokes I suppose!

:thumbsup:

...a bit disco
47 minutes ago, sadj said:

the word Cats put me right off

Murdered to death "Cats" though mate.

On 27/12/2019 at 23:51, ...a bit disco said:

Best thing Ive ever seen on Netflix. I was completely captivated. Me n Mrs PJ binged this in 1 night.

On 27/12/2019 at 23:51, ...a bit disco said:

Yep, tanned it all yesterday afternoon. Great viewing. 

On 30/12/2019 at 10:54, Ray Gin said:

Yep, tanned it all yesterday afternoon. Great viewing. 

Cheers! I wasn't too sure. Tomorrow sorted. 👍

Inside No 9 , black comedy from the league of gentlemen's Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton, 24 episodes, each with a stand alone theme so doesn't have to be watched in chronological order.

Cant believe I missed this when it came out, the writing and acting from both guys is spot on, most episodes have a twist ending normally dark. But there's a few that tug on the heart strings. Well worth a look.

Just finished ‘end of the ***king world’  on catch up ch4

absolutely loved it. Brilliant stuff

Edited by 1971fozzy

25 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just finished ‘end of the ***king world’  on catch up ch4

absolutely loved it. Brilliant stuff

Brilliant programme. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series